Dante Polvara

I would imagine he'll get some game time although clearly the first choice midfield 3 is McCrorie, Ferguson and Barron, none of whom are going to be dropped unless they get injured or suspended. He's certainly got a physical presence which Goodwin will like, but the guy said himself he was playing in teams in the US who were winning pretty much every week and he was the star man - it's a big change to come to this. If he gets 30 minutes or so in most of the games before the end of the season it'll stand him in good stead for next season. No point playing guys like Ojo, Jenks and McGeouch who aren't going to be here and who we know are useless - give this guy a chance and see if he's any use.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

any update from those posters who also remain as supporters?

Whats this guy like?

I thought he was decent, good bit of strength, some good pieces of play, not terrible anyway, worth carrying on with him in the next two matches anyway, could be argued we fell out of the game when Ojo replaced him although I’d say it was more to do with McCrorie going into midfield and Jasper coming on for Hibs.

Didn't look too bad at all. Few nice touches albeit the first half of this match was played like your typical dead rubber. Deserves another start in midweek.

Certainly not the useless haddie that some on here had speculated in the past few weeks.

Still needs to get a full pre-season behind him before we can really judge though

He did nothing of any note but also did nothing wrong. Possibly wanted/expected more time on the ball which he won't get in Scottish football.

Bland uninspiring debut. Surely he's got more to give in the coming season once he gets the pace of the game here. Certainly not a Lewis Ferguson replacement based on today.

19 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

He did nothing of any note but also did nothing wrong. Possibly wanted/expected more time on the ball which he won't get in Scottish football.

Bland uninspiring debut. Surely he's got more to give in the coming season once he gets the pace of the game here. Certainly not a Lewis Ferguson replacement based on today.

Not sure what you expected. Also nobody is thinking he is a replacement for Ferguson.

12 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Not sure what you expected. Also nobody is thinking he is a replacement for Ferguson.

I actually didn't expect anything and to be honest he coped better than I expected.

Will have to see what "sort of midfielder" he is. Box to box? Attacking? Defensive? He just sort of floated about and did nothing of note but as I say didn't do anything wrong either. 

Time will tell.

1 hour ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Lots of nice pretty little passes but not a player I would expect to create assists for goals. Did okay.

He is, by most accounts from his coaches, a very good passer of the ball. 

Why wouldn't you expect a very good passer of the ball to create chances with those passes? 

6 minutes ago, 1903Fitba said:

Clearly head and shoulders above the rest. Wouldn’t be surprised to see this guy go for 10 million +. Absolute baller. The American Zidane. 

Will definitely be “ head and shoulders above the rest “ with the comparative height of him 

I think he was pushed further forward today than he's probably comfortable with. Due of course to the fact that we have feck all strikers on our books that are interested in playing.

It was a bit of an ask for a kid straight out of US college to form a telepathic striking partnership with the perenially injured Watkins. 

And he didn't. Tbh, I think Jenks would have given us more dynamism from midfield, but obviously Goodwin just wants to start players who will be here next season. 

11 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

I think he was pushed further forward today than he's probably comfortable with. Due of course to the fact that we have feck all strikers on our books that are interested in playing.

It was a bit of an ask for a kid straight out of US college to form a telepathic striking partnership with the perenially injured Watkins. 

And he didn't. Tbh, I think Jenks would have given us more dynamism from midfield, but obviously Goodwin just wants to start players who will be here next season. 

It’s the problem with our midfield. It doesn’t matter who’s playing because none of them want to go forward and support the attackers. We’ve Barron and Ferguson sitting on the centre backs taking the ball off them spraying pointless passes. We need some pace in midfield badly. 

5 hours ago, RUL said:

It’s the problem with our midfield. It doesn’t matter who’s playing because none of them want to go forward and support the attackers. We’ve Barron and Ferguson sitting on the centre backs taking the ball off them spraying pointless passes. We need some pace in midfield badly. 

Yeah, since Hedges left we have no attacking zip in midfield at all. The only person with any pace in the side is Hayes, and even he's getting slower by the day. 

Yesterday was the classic square peg in a round hole side, with Watkins the lone striker (a role he's wholly unsuited to) and the likes of Polvara trying to support him. 

Nae bad for a first start and not even a full game, i assume he was subbed as he is not yet match fit and having recently had a hernia op its wise to ease him in, defiantly got a good player that will improve as he goes, I recon we will get a tidy sum for him in a couple of seasons time when the epl come knocking