Dante Polvara

He did nothing of any note but also did nothing wrong. Possibly wanted/expected more time on the ball which he won't get in Scottish football.

Bland uninspiring debut. Surely he's got more to give in the coming season once he gets the pace of the game here. Certainly not a Lewis Ferguson replacement based on today.

19 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

He did nothing of any note but also did nothing wrong. Possibly wanted/expected more time on the ball which he won't get in Scottish football.

Bland uninspiring debut. Surely he's got more to give in the coming season once he gets the pace of the game here. Certainly not a Lewis Ferguson replacement based on today.

Not sure what you expected. Also nobody is thinking he is a replacement for Ferguson.

12 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Not sure what you expected. Also nobody is thinking he is a replacement for Ferguson.

I actually didn't expect anything and to be honest he coped better than I expected.

Will have to see what "sort of midfielder" he is. Box to box? Attacking? Defensive? He just sort of floated about and did nothing of note but as I say didn't do anything wrong either. 

Time will tell.

1 hour ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Lots of nice pretty little passes but not a player I would expect to create assists for goals. Did okay.

He is, by most accounts from his coaches, a very good passer of the ball. 

Why wouldn't you expect a very good passer of the ball to create chances with those passes? 

6 minutes ago, 1903Fitba said:

Clearly head and shoulders above the rest. Wouldn’t be surprised to see this guy go for 10 million +. Absolute baller. The American Zidane. 

Will definitely be “ head and shoulders above the rest “ with the comparative height of him 

I think he was pushed further forward today than he's probably comfortable with. Due of course to the fact that we have feck all strikers on our books that are interested in playing.

It was a bit of an ask for a kid straight out of US college to form a telepathic striking partnership with the perenially injured Watkins. 

And he didn't. Tbh, I think Jenks would have given us more dynamism from midfield, but obviously Goodwin just wants to start players who will be here next season. 

11 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

I think he was pushed further forward today than he's probably comfortable with. Due of course to the fact that we have feck all strikers on our books that are interested in playing.

It was a bit of an ask for a kid straight out of US college to form a telepathic striking partnership with the perenially injured Watkins. 

And he didn't. Tbh, I think Jenks would have given us more dynamism from midfield, but obviously Goodwin just wants to start players who will be here next season. 

It’s the problem with our midfield. It doesn’t matter who’s playing because none of them want to go forward and support the attackers. We’ve Barron and Ferguson sitting on the centre backs taking the ball off them spraying pointless passes. We need some pace in midfield badly. 

5 hours ago, RUL said:

It’s the problem with our midfield. It doesn’t matter who’s playing because none of them want to go forward and support the attackers. We’ve Barron and Ferguson sitting on the centre backs taking the ball off them spraying pointless passes. We need some pace in midfield badly. 

Yeah, since Hedges left we have no attacking zip in midfield at all. The only person with any pace in the side is Hayes, and even he's getting slower by the day. 

Yesterday was the classic square peg in a round hole side, with Watkins the lone striker (a role he's wholly unsuited to) and the likes of Polvara trying to support him. 

Nae bad for a first start and not even a full game, i assume he was subbed as he is not yet match fit and having recently had a hernia op its wise to ease him in, defiantly got a good player that will improve as he goes, I recon we will get a tidy sum for him in a couple of seasons time when the epl come knocking 

15 minutes ago, KidCreole said:

6 passes, with an accuracy of 84.6%.

He had seven passes in the final third with an 86% accuracy. won possession five times and came out top in two of three aerial duels.  two successful interceptions and won seven of six duels for possession.

One of those aerial duels he won without even jumping.

I think the misplaced pass wasn't so much misplaced as a miscommunication with possibly McCrorie, Polvara passing it short beyond the Hibs guy to where he thought McRorie was headed, but instead McCrorie had started making a run upfield and the ball was picked up by the Hibs lad. 

Easily slotted into the squad, and no-one could have pointed to him as the new guy. 

1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

One of those aerial duels he won without even jumping.

I think the misplaced pass wasn't so much misplaced as a miscommunication with possibly McCrorie, Polvara passing it short beyond the Hibs guy to where he thought McRorie was headed, but instead McCrorie had started making a run upfield and the ball was picked up by the Hibs lad. 

Easily slotted into the squad, and no-one could have pointed to him as the new guy. 

Rorie was 

Yeah I remember that pass it was on the wing and he beautifully dinked it past the Hibs boy but as you say McRorie was going the other way, A lot different than inaccurate or misplaced his technique was not in question

• 2 months later...

TBH I thought he was going to get massively shown up today.

In all he miss-judged the flight of the ball for goal one and for goal two, I guess he expected more support to arrive from behind to press on Jota?

Easy to pick him out for abuse but be interesting to see if he responds well.

Have the idea that Goodwin selects the team based on mid-week training and attitude so let's see.

24 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Struggled massively today. Obviously still young but he looks too slow and passive for this league. Maybe a tad harsh, as games come it doesn’t get harder. Hopefully he kicks on. 

Yeah I thought him and Richardson were way off the pace of the game- not so much physical speed but speed of reactions, decision making and fully committing to challenges, passes crosses etc.

1 hour ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Struggled massively today. Obviously still young but he looks too slow and passive for this league. Maybe a tad harsh, as games come it doesn’t get harder. Hopefully he kicks on. 

Studs we both know he's a coward 

Fuck me it's the hardest game of the season and he's jogging about like a Mofo. 

Not good enough unless he gets a rocket.