Dante Polvara

Polvara is best when we actually try and play football, passing the ball around and through midfield. We did that to some extent in the European games, but often in the league games we've got dragged in to punt and chase, battle for second ball football which doesn't really suit him. A game like the one against Celtic at the weekend suits a midfield of Barron, Polvara and Clarkson (and McGrath). I thought they matched up to Celtic's midfield very well. We weren't getting overrun and we retained the ball fairly well for long spells.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yup. He also failed to give MacDonald an angle for a return ball. 

Exactly. He could've passed to MacKenzie. 

The goal was 95% the fault of MacDonald though. 

He couldn't pass to Mackenzie because MacKenzie did not give him an easy pass as he stood on the touch line almost behind the Celtic player. Then the Celtic player ran forward to score the goal while MacKenzie was still sleeping. Not the first time MacKenzie has been found out at the far post.

McDonald caught out.

1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

Incorrect to say he is the only reason. 

I have stated a few times that my age is the biggest factor now coupled with how Cormack has taken us so far backwards. Retaining mediocre (at best) players like Polvara does not inspire me to give it another year before giving up. 

I feel the cold dreadfully now and at times struggle to get/stay warm sitting in Pittodrie. Another winter doesn't fill me with any joy - there really is a case for summer football and its not just to benefit the players and fixtures. 

I can still pick and choose a few games in August and September, perhaps even into October to pay at the gate then use a red tv subscription for the rest of the winter.

The Thelin appointment has finally been a positive under Cormack but to retain certain players who have ultimately been shit to average is not what's required. Id far rather we blood Marshall and see more of Milne than a guy who is turning 24 and is quite clearly not suited to Scottish football.

That’s a bit more understandable than your original post however I am not really sure why Polvara has been singled out given there’s been far, far worse players at the club in the last few years.

• Upvote 1

I mean, if we're having to go to the lengths of saying Polvara made a bad decision, which ultimately turns out to not have been a bad decision, rather than being able to point out to repeated mistakes or poor play in order to justify calling him shite then I'm satisfied he's a better player than I thought. 

You'll find poor decisions in anyone's game if you want to run the microscope over the entire game, even the 10 Million Euro Man. 

epa10874683-aberdeens-dante-polvara-cele

• Dildo 1
4 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

That’s a bit more understandable than your original post however I am not really sure why Polvara has been singled out given there’s been far, far worse players at the club in the last few years.

Well considering this thread is about Polvara and I have offered my opinion on Polvara I would suggest trying to insinuate that he's being singled out in a topic about him is rather far fetched.

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

I mean, if we're having to go to the lengths of saying Polvara made a bad decision, which ultimately turns out to not have been a bad decision, rather than being able to point out to repeated mistakes or poor play in order to justify calling him shite then I'm satisfied he's a better player than I thought. 

You'll find poor decisions in anyone's game if you want to run the microscope over the entire game, even the 10 Million Euro Man. 

epa10874683-aberdeens-dante-polvara-cele

It wasn’t a bad decision anyway. Left foot over to MacKenzie was a high risk pass that he shouldn’t have played. He also couldn’t have received the ball without being under enormous pressure due to Celtics press. He played the right pass but the boy he played it to fucked it up. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

It wasn’t a bad decision anyway. Left foot over to MacKenzie was a high risk pass that he shouldn’t have played. He also couldn’t have received the ball without being under enormous pressure due to Celtics press. He played the right pass but the boy he played it to fucked it up. 

Dante's playing 4D Chess, and his teammates are wanking in the trees making whooping noises, unfortunately. 

Superstar. 

• Dildo 1