Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ClayholeRed

NEW SIGNING Polvara

Recommended Posts

Double hernia. Surely to fuck that’s a wind up 😂😂😂😂

 

We’ll be signing folk from the terminal cancer ward next. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Not a bit sympathy for the fella. Get well soon ya useless bastard!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Typical Dons signing . Injured 

Imagine the uproar if it was McInnes that had signed him for Aberdeen  🧑‍🦼

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 1903Fitba said:

Double hernia. Surely to fuck that’s a wind up 😂😂😂😂

 

We’ll be signing folk from the terminal cancer ward next. 

Was always the risk going from the level he was at into training full time. His body obviously just couldn't take the stress of it. 

6 weeks out is the minimum but even when is is ready to resume training they'll have to take things really slowly. The last thing he will need is the summer break, presumably he'll be given an individual training programme to continue during it but I'm not convinced this loon will even be close to being ready to play for us until well into the new season

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Ten Caat said:

Was always the risk going from the level he was at into training full time. His body obviously just couldn't take the stress of it. 

6 weeks out is the minimum but even when is is ready to resume training they'll have to take things really slowly. The last thing he will need is the summer break, presumably he'll be given an individual training programme to continue during it but I'm not convinced this loon will even be close to being ready to play for us until well into the new season

What wages is the young fella on and does he get full wages during this injury period?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Was always the risk going from the level he was at into training full time. His body obviously just couldn't take the stress of it. 

6 weeks out is the minimum but even when is is ready to resume training they'll have to take things really slowly. The last thing he will need is the summer break, presumably he'll be given an individual training programme to continue during it but I'm not convinced this loon will even be close to being ready to play for us until well into the new season

What's the chances the Dutch lad will get crippled by Murray Davidson or some other hatchet man in his first game tomorrow...

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, RED_JOHN said:

What wages is the young fella on and does he get full wages during this injury period?

I'm sure Milne will fill you on all the details

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm sure Milne will fill you on all the details

What one? 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Was always the risk going from the level he was at into training full time. His body obviously just couldn't take the stress of it. 

6 weeks out is the minimum but even when is is ready to resume training they'll have to take things really slowly. The last thing he will need is the summer break, presumably he'll be given an individual training programme to continue during it but I'm not convinced this loon will even be close to being ready to play for us until well into the new season

You think he got the double hernia with only one week of training? Clearly you know more than me on the medical side of things. But is it not more likely he had the hernia issue before he came and we knew this. Glass said last week he had a slight injury and I think the guy only arrived last Monday. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Was always the risk going from the level he was at into training full time. His body obviously just couldn't take the stress of it. 

Shouldn't the professional staff at the club be aware of this and ease him into it gently?

 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

You think he got the double hernia with only one week of training? Clearly you know more than me on the medical side of things. But is it not more likely he had the hernia issue before he came and we knew this. Glass said last week he had a slight injury and I think the guy only arrived last Monday. 

It's a relatively simple operation to repair a single hernia. A double one isn't much more of a problem in most cases.

Nevertheless it is a problem which can and has ended careers in a small number of cases,

I'd have to question why a young man would be walking around with a double hernia though. I can't imagine any circumstance, even if they were small, that he wouldn't have known about them. It would be at best very uncomfortable and at worst excruciatingly painful with the risk of at least one of them strangulating

 

Share this post


Link to post

We could get someone to bite on one of the lads fingers before he starts a match so he only feels the pain from the said bite. Win win

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It's a relatively simple operation to repair a single hernia. A double one isn't much more of a problem in most cases.

Nevertheless it is a problem which can and has ended careers in a small number of cases,

I'd have to question why a young man would be walking around with a double hernia though. I can't imagine any circumstance, even if they were small, that he wouldn't have known about them. It would be at best very uncomfortable and at worst excruciatingly painful with the risk of at least one of them strangulating

 

It's not a good look when a young lad comes here and does a week's training at the club and ends up in hospital for a double hernia operation. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's not a good look when a young lad comes here and does a week's training at the club and ends up in hospital for a double hernia operation. 

 

It’s maybe the only reason he came to the uk….free healthcare. Obviously had problems in the USA but since he was a student he couldn’t afford medical insurance. Glad he is getting sorted quickly as I was under the impression our medical staff were postponing too many operations.

Share this post


Link to post

Interview up with the club and saying it was a pre-planned surgery and should be back in a couple weeks time

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Interview up with the club and saying it was a pre-planned surgery and should be back in a couple weeks time

So it's not a double hernia then?  More shite? 

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It's a relatively simple operation to repair a single hernia. A double one isn't much more of a problem in most cases.

Nevertheless it is a problem which can and has ended careers in a small number of cases,

I'd have to question why a young man would be walking around with a double hernia though. I can't imagine any circumstance, even if they were small, that he wouldn't have known about them. It would be at best very uncomfortable and at worst excruciatingly painful with the risk of at least one of them strangulating

 

I have had a double hernia. Thought it was something to do with my ulcerative colitis. Down either side of my groin. It was okay when I was moving, but if I stood still for 5 minutes it was absolute hell. 
Got it virtually diagnosed by a Grampian Health IBD doctor. 
Keyhole surgery at Albyn a couple of months later and right as rain after a week (clearly I am no professional sportsman though). 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

I have had a double hernia. Thought it was something to do with my ulcerative colitis. Down either side of my groin. It was okay when I was moving, but if I stood still for 5 minutes it was absolute hell. 
Got it virtually diagnosed by a Grampian Health IBD doctor. 
Keyhole surgery at Albyn a couple of months later and right as rain after a week (clearly I am no professional sportsman though). 
 

 

Any other health problems we should know about?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, sheepcrooky said:

Aye. Every time I read one of your posts,I can’t stop scratching my head. 

The good thing is it is your head. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Any other health problems we should know about?

Tell us about your fuckwititis.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Tell us about your fuckwititis.

Put your cock inbetween then then thrust away.

Maybe I have read that wrong.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, RED_JOHN said:

Put your cock inbetween then then thrust away.

Maybe I have read that wrong.

You’ve gone full retard.

Yes you read it wrong.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

You’ve gone full retard.

Yes you read it wrong.

 

 

Dear oh dear Tommy 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Had the boy actually started training with us?

Havent the will to check out the Red TV interviews, in case I click on the Glass pre matcher peppered with “everyone can see what we’re trying to do” prompted by heavyweight spearing from Andrew Shinie and Tyrone.

surely to fuck he hadn’t been training and this is some sort of wee tidy up?
 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

It's a relatively simple operation to repair a single hernia. A double one isn't much more of a problem in most cases.

Nevertheless it is a problem which can and has ended careers in a small number of cases,

I'd have to question why a young man would be walking around with a double hernia though. I can't imagine any circumstance, even if they were small, that he wouldn't have known about them. It would be at best very uncomfortable and at worst excruciatingly painful with the risk of at least one of them strangulating

 

I’ve had a hernia when I wasn’t much older than Polvara. It wasn’t hugely painful - more uncomfortable and throbbed during and after sport. I had the surgery and was up and running after two weeks and back playing football within a month - and I had the more invasive surgery which involved incisions. If they do it keyhole, he might only miss a few weeks. Not the end of the world by any stretch!

It will not end his career FFS!

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Sonoftherock said:

I’ve had a hernia when I wasn’t much older than Polvara. It wasn’t hugely painful - more uncomfortable and throbbed during and after sport. I had the surgery and was up and running after two weeks and back playing football within a month - and I had the more invasive surgery which involved incisions. If they do it keyhole, he might only miss a few weeks. Not the end of the world by any stretch!

It will not end his career FFS!

It ended Tansey's career....

I did say he'd probably be fine. And for a double hernia repair keyhole surgery is the recommended repair method.

The recommended time before resuming training after surgery is 6 weeks. If you aren't a sportsman, the same time-frame is recommended before you recommence heavy lifting. (There is a technique called Advanced Open Preperitoneal Inguinal Hernia Repair which is done for single hernia repairs. It is open surgery ie not keyhole and this type of repair can lead to faster return to normal life including sports training in around 2-3 weeeks.......but not all surgeons offer it and it wouldn't be appropriate in a double hernia repair anyway)

 

Share this post


Link to post

Read somewhere he's going in to clear scar tissue from a previous hernia op. This is at the clubs request 

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/18/2022 at 8:42 PM, YorkDon said:

 

 

13 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

It’s maybe the only reason he came to the uk….free healthcare. Obviously had problems in the USA but since he was a student he couldn’t afford medical insurance. 

Out for 3 years then as that's how long everybody else has to wait for a hernia op unless they go private , 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...