Dante Polvara

5 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

We didn't have a central midfielder on the bench to replace him that's why 

I wanted to bring on Milne at the back and push McCrorie back in to midfield at half time.

Disappointed Milne (and lesser extent Duncan) got no minutes today.

Thought he was ok. That was a horrendous start, the flag raising and messing about pre match and they were straight on top of us. Felt like he was singled out before the game started, looks ok, grew into the game, don’t think we should have the pitchforks out just yet

2 hours ago, Helmet said:

Yeah I thought him and Richardson were way off the pace of the game- not so much physical speed but speed of reactions, decision making and fully committing to challenges, passes crosses etc.

Polvara  reminds me of Jenks and I think he is now a sub in Div 2.

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

How did he last 90 mins?

No idea Roberto. 

Truly folk on here don't get it. 

Principles of fitba. Run hard. Try hard. Leave it on the pitch. 

I was a bad centre half but I won managers player and players player awards through total and utter commitment. I was a rat. Kick anyone, heed anyone, scrape anyone. 

These clowns are giving them a guard of honour.

Anyway. Does anyone need a rat for enforcer & 5's? I'm technically average but always been a rat. 

Cheers. 

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Thought he was ok?

Jesus.

I would say 20% passing success. And that was the ones he played backwards.

Utter shite.

Mate he played like it was FIFA 12 and he made a player.

Champions away at their ground and he was trying dumb shit.

Waken up son. If you don't, this'll eat you alive. Mannies fitba. 

He was no where near as bad as people made out. That’s a fair learning experience for him, he’s not played a game like that in his life and struggled with parts but he also did well in other bits. 

A loan would benefit him as I think he can definitely pass a ball and play but he’s too soft as things stand. 

Consi suggesting Polvara could learn something from him, fucking embarrassing ?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
49 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Thought he did ok after losing his man at the goal, used the ball ok and made a couple of good tackles compare him to Ramadani who looked totally out of his depth in this game

Or they were playing against 3 in midfield. Added to that probably the 3 best midfielders in the country. Tough ask, not sure what people expected. 

Agree with most of the comments about him being off the pace. Think a year on loan would do him good.

But I disagree about him being a coward. He snapped into two 50:50s and win them both. It's what I'd expect from an Aberdeen midfielder but after watching us last season it was refreshing to see

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Sheepo said:

Thought he did ok after losing his man at the goal, used the ball ok and made a couple of good tackles compare him to Ramadani who looked totally out of his depth in this game

Ramadani wasn’t “out of his depth”.

He was outnumbered 3v2 with Polvara against a good 3 man Tim midfield.

Easy to be wise after the event, but I said Goodwin should’ve played 4-3-3 today to match the Tims in midfield. 
Fair enough he didn’t at the start, but he should’ve changed it early when we were getting overrun.

• Upvote 4

What are we expecting from a young guy who was playing college football until a year ago? Is he going to come in and dominate a midfield against a trio of internationals? The boy did okay, probably about as well as expected. He is a tidy footballer, decent technically, but needs to become a bit more streetwise and needs a bit more confidence and probably too develop a bit of a nastier side to his game. At the moment he's just another Dean Campbell - nice guy who can pass the ball a bit and keep possession, but very little else. I think he could develop into a decent player though - needs a run of games where we are dominating possession to see what he can do.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

What are we expecting from a young guy who was playing college football until a year ago? Is he going to come in and dominate a midfield against a trio of internationals? The boy did okay, probably about as well as expected. He is a tidy footballer, decent technically, but needs to become a bit more streetwise and needs a bit more confidence and probably too develop a bit of a nastier side to his game. At the moment he's just another Dean Campbell - nice guy who can pass the ball a bit and keep possession, but very little else. I think he could develop into a decent player though - needs a run of games where we are dominating possession to see what he can do.

Said last season that we need to decide what role Polvara is expected to fill and then work on making him that player.

Technically he's fine to good, he reads the game well... he made a number of interceptions, including a crucial interception inside the box... and he was no worse than any of his team mates out there. In fact a couple of players were mostly anonymous, I thought.

He showed his inexperience twice and was punished both times, that won't happen often because he won't be playing Celtic every week.

He's going to be the new fall guy when things go wrong, that seems pretty clear, though, so buckle up Dante.

People need to understand pretty much all players in all teams will look outclassed against the big two. The simple reason being they are outclassed.

Jota currently valued around 7 million pounds, Polvara around 55,000 pounds. The team can't be judged against sides who have single players valued as much as our team.

It's against the rest we have to judge.

• Upvote 3
7 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ramadani wasn’t “out of his depth”.

He was outnumbered 3v2 with Polvara against a good 3 man Tim midfield.

Easy to be wise after the event, but I said Goodwin should’ve played 4-3-3 today to match the Tims in midfield. 
Fair enough he didn’t at the start, but he should’ve changed it early when we were getting overrun.

It was pretty obvious to every man and his dog we couldnt go with Ramadani, Polvara and Besuijen.

Madness

36 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

We have only spent £1.3mill.

Can't we get a midfielder for around £1mill from the millions we still have?

Fuck it £2mill.

It's something we desperately require.

We need to keep a development path for Barron. Some expect him to be a £4m midfielder