Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Dante Polvara

This lad certainly looks good in that highlights reel. There's no argument, that's definitely a much lower level, however, he appeared much better than those around him. That included his own team mates too though, you could see miscontrols from them just as the clips were ending etc. Bringing him into a group with better players around him, should help him.

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

You obviously didn't see the Teddy Jenks one.

For reference! 

Some personal highlights include:

• Getting the ball and falling over
  • Took a shot that was blocked by a defender
  • Getting the ball, running into space then passing it straight to the opposition
  • Getting the ball, turning and hoofing it up the field to opposition defender
  • Attempting a through ball. Failed to beat defender.
  • Attempted a through ball. Too hard and went out for a goal kick
  • Slicing a shot miles wide

Now, i'm not having a go at Jenks here. It's more the fact someone's created a highlights reel and included some of the worst highlights of any player i've seen.  The above list are things most players do throughout a season, if they didn't they wouldn't be playing at Aberdeen or Brighton, but to include them in a "best of" video....baffling.

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

For reference! 

• Getting the ball, running into space then passing it straight to the opposition

Now, i'm not having a go at Jenks here. It's more the fact someone's created a highlights reel and included some of the worst highlights of any player i've seen.  The above list are things most players do throughout a season, if they didn't they wouldn't be playing at Aberdeen or Brighton, but to include them in a "best of" video....baffling.

We must just have the basic wyscout package

2 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

For reference! 

Haha it's 3 minutes of pure comedy. I think he makes about 1 decent pass in the whole thing, doesn't have a single shot on target. Always worth a look if you're needing a laugh! 

On 1/12/2022 at 10:39 PM, BonnieDon said:

We beat Hibs to sign this lad. I like that.

Hibs was recruiting him. Aberdeen was not. His coach had to reach out. 

Explains all sorts of things. Like why Devlin gets more time versus dumping him for the likes of Calvo. 

If all these puff piece articles were true about AFC understanding the US market of course...

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Pol-Var-A The crowd shout goal assista

To the tune of Re Rewind by Artful Dodger featuring Craig David.

Maybe the worst ever 

Takes some doing