When the ball hits the net,

Makes your fanny all wet,

That's Polvara.

When he's 6 foot and 4 

And scoring the goals

That's Polvara

Edited by Dandyesque

On 1/9/2022 at 6:11 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

If he has given up his rights to go into draft system do NYCFC then lose the rights to him also though? He has chosen to ‘leave’ the system after all. They do have a weird system over here.

Also a fair chance (if NCYFC do retain the rights) that they have worked out a deal with him &/or Atlanta to sneak him around things. I think this looks like one of them wants him to go out for European football to improve him.

Did NYCFC put him through college or what? As not sure it is actually legal for them to actually have ANY ‘rights’ over him as if they go into the draft system then no club really can have rights to him until they take him via the drafts pick order.

If he goes back to MLS, whoever signs him will have to pay NYCFC a fee (probably very small).. something by like a finders fee or discovery fee. If he signs with NYCFC then obviously it doesn’t matter. Anything outside of MLS then the whole rights thing doesn’t apply. It’s only for MLS.  They do this with their academy players to give incentives for good development and academy programs. 

NYCFC did not put him through college. The NCAA is the governing body of university football and is entirely separate to the academy system. To play in college you have to be an amateur. It’s illegal for any pro club to pay a player during college. 

12 hours ago, South Stand Seagull said:

If he goes back to MLS, whoever signs him will have to pay NYCFC a fee (probably very small).. something by like a finders fee or discovery fee. If he signs with NYCFC then obviously it doesn’t matter. Anything outside of MLS then the whole rights thing doesn’t apply. It’s only for MLS.  They do this with their academy players to give incentives for good development and academy programs. 

NYCFC did not put him through college. The NCAA is the governing body of university football and is entirely separate to the academy system. To play in college you have to be an amateur. It’s illegal for any pro club to pay a player during college. 

The amateur status and income thing is changing a bit. It has been a corrupt system for a long time. But nobody gives a crap about soccer. Main issues being American football and basketball. But regardless polvara is an Aberdeen man now. NYCFC are out of the picture. 

35 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

We beat Hibs to sign this lad. I like that.

Keep that quiet, looked what happened with Ojo.

• Haha 1

This lad certainly looks good in that highlights reel. There's no argument, that's definitely a much lower level, however, he appeared much better than those around him. That included his own team mates too though, you could see miscontrols from them just as the clips were ending etc. Bringing him into a group with better players around him, should help him.

On 1/11/2022 at 8:13 PM, Dandyesque said:

When he's 6 foot and 4 

And scoring the goals

That's Polvara

When the studs hit the knee

Turns his leg into Jelly

That's a Simmie. 

2 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Tbf no one does a “highlight “ reel where they look mediocre 

You obviously didn't see the Teddy Jenks one.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

Turns his leg into Jelly

That's a Simmie. 

Would work better "to" jelly but then would still require you to pronounce jelly as "jelleeeee"

Try that again?

53 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Was the worst highlights reel I have ever seen on any player ever. If a was him I’d ask for it to be taken down, doesn’t do the boy any favours at all

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

For reference! 

Some personal highlights include:

• Getting the ball and falling over
  • Took a shot that was blocked by a defender
  • Getting the ball, running into space then passing it straight to the opposition
  • Getting the ball, turning and hoofing it up the field to opposition defender
  • Attempting a through ball. Failed to beat defender.
  • Attempted a through ball. Too hard and went out for a goal kick
  • Slicing a shot miles wide

Now, i'm not having a go at Jenks here. It's more the fact someone's created a highlights reel and included some of the worst highlights of any player i've seen.  The above list are things most players do throughout a season, if they didn't they wouldn't be playing at Aberdeen or Brighton, but to include them in a "best of" video....baffling.

Edited by StandFree1982

Ha ha that’s surely a piss take? 😂

12 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Would work better "to" jelly but then would still require you to pronounce jelly as "jelleeeee"

Try that again?

It's a work in progress.

Have you seen Get Back? They took forever to work on one line, let alone a full song...

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

For reference! 

• Getting the ball, running into space then passing it straight to the opposition

Now, i'm not having a go at Jenks here. It's more the fact someone's created a highlights reel and included some of the worst highlights of any player i've seen.  The above list are things most players do throughout a season, if they didn't they wouldn't be playing at Aberdeen or Brighton, but to include them in a "best of" video....baffling.

We must just have the basic wyscout package

2 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

For reference! 

Haha it's 3 minutes of pure comedy. I think he makes about 1 decent pass in the whole thing, doesn't have a single shot on target. Always worth a look if you're needing a laugh! 

9 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

Turns his leg into Jelly

That's a Simmie. 

When the studs hit the shin

And Durrant’s career’s in the bin

That’s a Simmie. 

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Any interviews by him yet?

And is he actually here?

No.

No.

2 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

When the studs hit the shin

And Durrant’s career’s in the bin

That’s a Simmie. 

We have a winner 😄

On 1/12/2022 at 10:39 PM, BonnieDon said:

We beat Hibs to sign this lad. I like that.

Hibs was recruiting him. Aberdeen was not. His coach had to reach out. 

Explains all sorts of things. Like why Devlin gets more time versus dumping him for the likes of Calvo. 

If all these puff piece articles were true about AFC understanding the US market of course...

Edited by PondHopper

He was hot in demand 

Scored against the huns whilst unmanned 

That’s Polvara

Could change that to Scott Brown 

Edited by RED_JOHN