Zander Clark

10 minutes ago, thurso said:

All you need from a keeper is to catch the ball and throw it quickly to one of our players ready to attack for expansive football.
Joes biggest fault I’d say is he holds onto it to long by that time our players are closed down so it’s either a wee pass to a centre half or a big boot out the park or to one of their defenders. 

Have you never seen goalkeepers nowadays? 

Catching  the ball,certainly isn't a  requirement nowadays

1 hour ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I see this more as a Woods replacement rather than Lewis.
Quality over quantity.

We are not a club that is going to pay the kind of wages he is going to want & be happy as a back up keeper.

This is 100% a signing with view to replace our No.1

Lewis must be leaving. Probably in summer. 

34 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

If Clark is coming in could it suggest a reshuffle in the goalie dept?

Woods can leave as he's shite. 

Perhaps Marshall could move on a Lewis could take on a player/coach role. Leaving him to battle it out with Clark for the No.1 slot.

Could all be pie in the sky, but not outwith the realms of possibility. 

Ritchie should go out on loan. 

Ritchie is currently out on loan 

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

I reckon both keepers are much of a muchness. Pointless signing if we are keeping Joe. We need other positions far more than the backup goalie…

Lewis had been a bombscare for at least 2 seasons

It has been kicked down the road far too often using your logic that other positions need attended to first

A Scotland international 'keeper for free is an absolute no brainer

If Lewis isn't happy on the bench then he should be allowed to find a new club for himself. In view of his service, I'd say we shouldn't ask for a fee. But he's also perfectly entitled to sit things out if he so wants. Actually KSL's suggestion of offering him a player-coaching role isn't a bad idea at all if we could find a way of paying Marshall off.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

It has been kicked down the road far too often using your logic that other positions need attended to first

If Lewis isn't happy on the bench then he should be allowed to find a new club for himself. In view of his service, I'd say we shouldn't ask for a fee. But he's also perfectly entitled to sit things out if he so wants. Actually KSL's suggestion of offering him a player-coaching role isn't a bad idea at all if we could find a way of paying Marshall off.

He hasn’t been a bombscare for 2 seasons at all. He had 1 very poor run of form earlier this season that he’s come through.

He’s maybe not quite the keeper he was when he first arrived here, but neither is Clark. Don’t think he has ever had a cap for Scotland has he? Just call ups when others are injured? Bit of a stretch calling him an international keeper. 

There’s no doubt we’ve more pressing issues to fix than the keeper position. I’d say more so now than there was in summer, given how bad our transfer business was.

I would be happy enough with him in goal for us, but not when we’ve already got a keeper he’s no better than and half an outfield lineup that is mince.

• Upvote 4
16 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

He hasn’t been a bombscare for 2 seasons at all. He had 1 very poor run of form earlier this season that he’s come through.

He’s maybe not quite the keeper he was when he first arrived here, but neither is Clark. Don’t think he has ever had a cap for Scotland has he? Just call ups when others are injured? Bit of a stretch calling him an international keeper. 

There’s no doubt we’ve more pressing issues to fix than the keeper position. I’d say more so now than there was in summer, given how bad our transfer business was.

I would be happy enough with him in goal for us, but not when we’ve already got a keeper he’s no better than and half an outfield lineup that is mince.

Depends on Lewis. He maybe doesn't want to be here and wants away, therefore it becomes an issue. 

8 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Absolute nonsense min. Joe keyed your car or something? 

47 minutes ago, NEM said:

Absolute nonsense min. Joe keyed your car or something? 

He's lost some utterly embarrassing goals. One of which occurred against a player purportedly also signing for us in the Betfred Cup QF

The management must think there's a problem if we are signing a new keeper. Because Clark most certainly wouldn't be joining up to be second choice. He won't even be coming to participate in a competition to be number 1. He'll only sign if he's been told he is the first pick

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

100% this.

Unless Joe wants away/doesn't like or want to play under the current management then he should be one of the last positions to be addressed.

2 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

100% this.

Unless Joe wants away/doesn't like or want to play under the current management then he should be one of the last positions to be addressed.

I was going to add an edit to my post 

But I'll post what I was going to say here instead

Just google "Joe Lewis howlers".

See how many results it throws up......

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I was going to add an edit to my post 

But I'll post what I was going to say here instead

Just google "Joe Lewis howlers".

See how many results it throws up......

Or just look back on how many times he's saved us over the years and it BY FAR outweighs any howlers. Name me a keeper who hasn't had howlers throughout their career??

I get it you don't like Lewis, I accept that. Funnily you don't seem so willing to accept I have a dislike for Glass  Feel free to quote the post I was replying/agreeing to and take your anti Joe frustrations out there. 

1 minute ago, Broken_Glass said:

Or just look back on how many times he's saved us over the years and it BY FAR outweighs any howlers. Name me a keeper who hasn't had howlers throughout their career??

I get it you don't like Lewis, I accept that. Funnily you don't seem so willing to accept I have a dislike for Glass  Feel free to quote the post I was replying/agreeing to and take your anti Joe frustrations out there. 

Isn't making saves just the normal job of a goalkeeper? Any 'keeper therefore who had a howler to saves made ratio of 1:1 or worse wouldn't get a game for an under 5's team. I care not a jot that you and a few others continue to sook the Lewis boaby. I'm glad we look like we are finally going to replace him

I absolutely accept you have a dislike for Glass. There aren't too many of us here who think he was the right appointment and I'll be happy when he's gone too

59 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He's lost some utterly embarrassing goals. One of which occurred against a player purportedly also signing for us in the Betfred Cup QF

The management must think there's a problem if we are signing a new keeper. Because Clark most certainly wouldn't be joining up to be second choice. He won't even be coming to participate in a competition to be number 1. He'll only sign if he's been told he is the first pick

Our management teams eye for a player has already proven to be dismal. I’m not sure this is the logic you want to be using to try and validate your viewpoint. 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Kennedy, Devlin and Barron will be like new signings. 

Maybe they'll rename themselves Matthew Kennedy and Mike Devlin, and shave their heads, in the hope we don't recognise them from before. 5 minutes on the park and their cover will be blown though with a cross that doesn't beat the first man, and a clearance sliced behind our own goal for a corner.