St Mirren 1 - 0 Aberdeen

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Play the ball more quickly into your (many) midfield players and play in their half rather than knocking it about in your own.  No need to punt it, we've got players than can handle a ball into feet. 

Why do we have defenders tasked with keeping possession rather than the midfield?  It makes no logical sense. The midfielders are far better at controlling and passing the ball and they're not the last line of defence if they make a mistake. 

That alone would help change things for the better. 

When we beat st mirren 4-1 they came to pittodrie to play football and we ripped them apart, last night they kept 6 men back nearly the whole time and their strikers didn’t press our defenders until they got into the st mirren half. That left our midfield no time to take a touch and go forward which inevitably meant the ball went back. 

I actually thought it was Scott browns worst game since joining it was like under mccinnes when shinnie had a poor game in midfield it seemed to spread through the team which made the whole lot pretty crap. 

Just now, thurso said:

When we beat st mirren 4-1 they came to pittodrie to play football and we ripped them apart, last night they kept 6 men back nearly the whole time and their strikers didn’t press our defenders until they got into the st mirren half. That left our midfield no time to take a touch and go forward which inevitably meant the ball went back. 

I actually thought it was Scott browns worst game since joining it was like under mccinnes when shinnie had a poor game in midfield it seemed to spread through the team which made the whole lot pretty crap. 

Aye well play the ball into the midfield players quicker rather than wait until your defenders eventually work their way to the half way line before playing it to them. 

Completely self inflicted. Our centre halves have more possession than our central midfielders do most games. 

5 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Pretty glad I didn't stay up late to watch that live.

Also glad I didn't watch the full match "as live" in the morning, which I'd normally do.

Just watched the "highlights" next AM without knowing the result.

That was a soul destroying 7 minutes.

Feel for you chaps that watched the whole shebang.

Not sure how they managed to cobble together 7 minutes of highlights from that shambles. Only things I remember were a Ferguson left foot shot that went wide... and Ramsay's cross that the keeper pushed away. Don't remember us getting anywhere close to a respectable attempt at goal other than that. Also can't really think of much that St Mirren did that was particularly interesting, other than the goal.

3 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Not sure how they managed to cobble together 7 minutes of highlights from that shambles. Only things I remember were a Ferguson left foot shot that went wide... and Ramsay's cross that the keeper pushed away. Don't remember us getting anywhere close to a respectable attempt at goal other than that. Also can't really think of much that St Mirren did that was particularly interesting, other than the goal.

Aye, was 7 minutes of fuck all really.

Early Saints pressure.
Few replays.

Small apparent flurry of sctrivity just before half time.

A Scott Brown sliding effort at back post.

Time filled in showing all subs being made.

Struggling to recall anything else.

8 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Aye, was 7 minutes of fuck all really.

Early Saints pressure.
Few replays.

Small apparent flurry of sctrivity just before half time.

A Scott Brown sliding effort at back post.

Time filled in showing all subs being made.

Struggling to recall anything else.

That’s 7 valuable minutes of your life that you won’t get back!

I sat riveted for the full 90 minutes. What a fine festival of football. Non stop excitement. Numerous chances at either end. Or maybe not. Just as well that I was doing other stuff while “watching” the game, so it wasn’t 90 minutes completely wasted.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye well play the ball into the midfield players quicker rather than wait until your defenders eventually work their way to the half way line before playing it to them. 

Completely self inflicted. Our centre halves have more possession than our central midfielders do most games. 

Most teams centre half have more possession and touches than the centre midfielders. 

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Seem to remember posters saying they wouldn’t mind a so-so season as long as we laid a glove on the old firm instead of them rolling us over like under McInnes. 

Really surprised there would be total hypocrisy on this forum tbh.

Name and shame them then

38 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Each to your own. 

I prefer to get my midfield on the ball as quickly as possible. 

So do I but when there is no space as our two wide midfielders of hedges snd ojo are in there to the ball goes back and you could see last night the defenders looking to play the ball but no movement in front of them so passes were forced and ended up giving the ball away 

3 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

First game in over 2 years last night. £24 to watch dreadful football and pathetic refereeing in the freezing cold is losing its appeal.

Ref actually let a lot of things go last night.

I am also getting really sick fed up of this passing it around the back between CH & each side in the ‘diamond’ to keep ‘possession’ stats exaggerated in attempt to make it seem we are doing better than the reality of it. 
Was sick of it when Mcinnes had us doing it & Glass has clearly slipped into same ‘scam’ to beef up false stats. Shite football 

13 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Seem to remember posters saying they wouldn’t mind a so-so season as long as we laid a glove on the old firm instead of them rolling us over like under McInnes. 

Really surprised there would be total hypocrisy on this forum tbh.

Change the record you insufferable bore ? 

• Upvote 2