Aberdeen 3 - 0 Edinburgh City

7 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Naysmith never seemed a manger in the making during his playing days.

A good lad is Gary. Thoroughly enjoyed his time at Pittodrie which was admittedly blighted by injury and being part of the steadying the ship but unexciting Craig Broon era.

Used to hold court with the younger lads in the dressing room at the time and was well liked. 

Liked a drink too. A good lad. A Jambo through and through but always talks well of his time with the Dandies.

4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Aye Johnston had the Port Brae Pub in Kirkcaldy. Passed it onto his son but Johnston jr had a dispute with Belhaven and it's been shut down now for years. Apparently they changed the locks and old Johnston couldnt get all his old jerseys, medals etc back

E64-C2-C3-A-C688-4298-9-BFB-8-CE1-F1-BDA

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

When else would he start. We’re playing a league 2 team. Good chance for him to get a goal or assist and get some confidence back in him, seeing as he’s apparently going to be here for rest of season.

Ideally he would never start. 

He's been out for 6 months as well. 

If absolutely necessary he can come on as a sub once the game is won. 

Best thing for us is if our first eleven get a chance to sharpen their attacking play.  

Why are folk obsessed with rotating?  Do folk think we're Manchester City? I blame the English Premier league and the clubs' attitudes to cup competitions down there. 

Get the game fucking won then decide if the likes of Kennedy deserve to get on the pitch. 

20 minutes ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

A good lad is Gary. Thoroughly enjoyed his time at Pittodrie which was admittedly blighted by injury and being part of the steadying the ship but unexciting Craig Broon era.

Used to hold court with the younger lads in the dressing room at the time and was well liked. 

A Jambo through and through but always talks well of his time with the Dandies.

Sounds a dick tbh. ;)

A forward who would o been on decent dough, played a total of 9 games and scored zero

Fuck him then and fuck him tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Sounds a dick tbh. ;)

A forward who would o been on decent dough, played a total of 9 games and scored zero

Fuck him then and fuck him tomorrow.

Hmmm, he was a left back, not a forward.

my words could have been better chosen. When I say he held court, I meant the young lads looked up to him, and he was actually a good influence around the place.

on the Jambo point, fair dos.

still a good lad though.

3 minutes ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

Hmmm, he was a left back, nor a forward.

my words could have been better chosen. When I say he held court, I meant the young lads looked up to him, and he was actually a good influence around the place.

on the Jambo point, fair dos.

still a good lad though.

Left wing I'd say. 

Mouthy Jambo wage thief by the sound of it, fuck him.

:)

40 minutes ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

Liked a drink too. A good lad. A Jambo through and through but always talks well of his time with the Dandies.

He is a gent and has time for everyone, spoke with him a few times. His son is a goalkeeper for my local football team. 

26 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I hope we play a full reserve team tomorrow and draw just to see @aberdeen1970s meltdown

? Aye I've got a bee in my bonnet about resting players, fair enough. 

But the same folk that are wanting changes will be the same folk that slate Glass if he picks an understrength team and we struggle.  And probably hammered him for the team we put out at Raith.... After the event. 

It's good for the soul to put teams to the sword and rack up a few goals. 

Fuck letting the likes of Kennedy walk straight into the starting line up. You should have to earn a red shirt. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Best thing for us is if our first eleven get a chance to sharpen their attacking play.  

Why are folk obsessed with rotating?  Do folk think we're Manchester City? I blame the English Premier league and the clubs' attitudes to cup competitions down there. 

Get the game fucking won then decide if the likes of Kennedy deserve to get on the pitch. 

Look at how many regular starters sevco rested from their starting 11 tonight

It's not just the "rest" they're getting, it's protecting them from potential injury and saving them for games where they are more required to get a result.

I get that our squad isn't as deep as sevco's and because of that, due to no other viable options we have to start Ramirez when ideally we would rest him. But our schedule is heavy over the next month and we need to take any chance we can to give our squad that breather/protection.

Hence why I think Brown shouldn't start tomorrow and ideally not come on as a sub at all if possible. Ramirez off as soon as we are 2 goals to the good. I'd probably look at getting McCrorie off earlyish too. Or possibly even start Gallagher. Finally JET in for Jenks although this is more tactical rather than resting/protecting Jenks.

2 or 3 changes to our regular starting should make no difference to the outcome versus a team from our 4th division.

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Look at how many regular starters sevco rested from their starting 11 tonight

It's not just the "rest" they're getting, it's protecting them from potential injury and saving them for games where they are more required to get a result.

I get that our squad isn't as deep as sevco's and because of that, due to no other viable options we have to start Ramirez when ideally we would rest him. But our schedule is heavy over the next month and we need to take any chance we can to give our squad that breather/protection.

Hence why I think Brown shouldn't start tomorrow and ideally not come on as a sub at all if possible. Ramirez off as soon as we are 2 goals to the good. I'd probably look at getting McCrorie off earlyish too. Or possibly even start Gallagher. Finally JET in for Jenks although this is more tactical rather than resting/protecting Jenks.

2 or 3 changes to our regular starting should make no difference to the outcome versus a team from our 4th division.

We've done this before and we won't agree. 

The team have just had 3 weeks off and it's a good opportunity for the first team to sharpen up, particularly in attacking areas. 

Anyway, I doubt he'll rest many after the Raith debacle. He'd get crucified if he did and we struggled. 

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

As well as that if he plays at all tomorrow he's cup tied reducing the likelihood of some Scottish team taking a punt on him on loan for the rest of the season

6 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

? Aye I've got a bee in my bonnet about resting players, fair enough. 

But the same folk that are wanting changes will be the same folk that slate Glass if he picks an understrength team and we struggle.  And probably hammered him for the team we put out at Raith.... After the event. 

It's good for the soul to put teams to the sword and rack up a few goals. 

Fuck letting the likes of Kennedy walk straight into the starting line up. You should have to earn a red shirt. 

Absolutely agree. The players need minutes just now. Probably need a bit of confidence too, which could come from this game. 

hopefully see a couple younger boys gets 20-30 minutes along the way. But fuck starting Kennedy, we already know he’s shit

10 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

10 hours ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

Hmmm, he was a left back, not a forward.

9 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Left wing I'd say. 

Too much sheep shagger shots for greasy old stringfellow and his arthritic knees

11 hours ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

Some goal away to Iceland for Scotland. As always with Aberdeen, we just got him too late. Topped up his pension and contributed little.

This is surely the type of game made for JET. Won't need to work hard and should get plenty of opportunity to try some of his fancy flicks.

Can see McGeouch starting.

Perfect weather with the sun shining and little to no wind so hopefully a nice comfortable afternoon.

Looking forward to seeing a new team at Pittodrie today, seeing the likes of St Johnstone, Livingston and St Mirren at least 3 times a season gets boring after a while.

10 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Looking forward to seeing a new team at Pittodrie today, seeing the likes of St Johnstone, Livingston and St Mirren at least 3 times a season gets boring after a while.

That’s exactly where I am with Scottish football at the moment. Once you’ve been going for 25+ seasons you really do get sick of it. I’ve hardly been at all this season but will be there today. 

bigger league would be brilliant. Will never happen