Vicente Besuijen

3 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Hayes does a power of running and actually played in 4 different positions today but his final passes are horrendous.

Not always horrendous though clearly & arguably could also say some are not always up to speed with him on occasion.

He lost us possession a good few time in a couple of games so far this season but as you say, he’s been covering a lot of different positions. 

Happy to have him & Vinny running about like wee madmen all over the place confusing & tiring the opposition defensively both mentally & physically. 

• 2 weeks later...

If I was to be very critical I'd like to see him with more goal involvements. 4 goals today and no involvement from him. Great shot before the penalty win though and unlucky not to have scored a peach there.

I'll be honest my opinion on this is entirely selfish as he's in my Scottish fantasy league team. Pull the finger oot Vinnie.

38 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

If I was to be very critical I'd like to see him with more goal involvements. 4 goals today and no involvement from him. Great shot before the penalty win though and unlucky not to have scored a peach there.

I'll be honest my opinion on this is entirely selfish as he's in my Scottish fantasy league team. Pull the finger oot Vinnie.

You don’t think he was involved in the 2nd goal? 

6 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

You don’t think he was involved in the 2nd goal? 

I'm maybe using the term incorrectly but I'm talking actual goals and assists as goal involvements not just being a part of the build up. He's playing very well and is very much involved in the good passages of play and build up though. Like I say I'm being very critical and selfish 

18 hours ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

So what you're saying is, even if he spent the whole game drawing their defence apart, retaining possession, putting in tackles, tracking back to help the defence, finding space, keeping the ball, putting in good passes to forwards, the fact he didn't get points in a made-up game in The Sun newspaper that only counts goal and assist stats has upset you?

The 21st Century Football fan, everyone.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Mr John said:

So what you're saying is, even if he spent the whole game drawing their defence apart, retaining possession, putting in tackles, tracking back to help the defence, finding space, keeping the ball, putting in good passes to forwards, the fact he didn't get points in a made-up game in The Sun newspaper that only counts goal and assist stats has upset you?

The 21st Century Football Fan would be doing a 'look-at-me' dance about it on TikTok. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Mr John said:

Aye calm down you fan belt.

First of all, The Sun. Wise up.

I didn't say I was upset. Far from it. It was obviously tongue in cheek and I did say I was being very critical whilst praising him in other areas. Besuijen is probably my favourite player within the current squad.

I've been very positive about the team this season and that statement is probably the most (and just about only) critical thing I've posted so to jump on that and call me a "21st Century Football fan" as a dig is mental.

I also don't think it's unreasonable for us to expect a player of his ability, playing in that role, having had as good a game as he did to have been directly involved in 1 of our 4 goals. But again, for clarity it was obviously tongue in cheek. Read it again.

5 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Does he try take his man on? Seems to just stop when his marker comes near him.

He is an absolute enigma

He is really small and no real pace to get away from anyone

Great technique though 

This is the problem with our data driven approach

He will show up as a 13-15 out of 20 for technique, passing, vision etc

But 6-11 for pace, acceleration, decisions etc

I wonder if our version of the software only let's you look at 3 attributes 

6 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He is an absolute enigma

He is really small and no real pace to get away from anyone

Great technique though 

This is the problem with our data driven approach

He will show up as a 13-15 out of 20 for technique, passing, vision etc

But 6-11 for pace, acceleration, decisions etc

I wonder if our version of the software only let's you look at 3 attributes 

We're waiting for Darren Mowbray to play all the leagues in Football Manager. 

He's done Hungary,  Portugal Division 2 and the English National League so far.  

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Vinny driving about eating sticky toffee pudding has to be one of the strangest RedTV videos ever made. 

The title of the email promoting it was so cringe, I couldn't bring myself to watch it. Was it any worse than the bus driver challenge with Marley Watkins, Joe Lewis and co?

Just now, Tinyweelad said:

The title of the email promoting it was so cringe, I couldn't bring myself to watch it. Was it any worse than the bus driver challenge with Marley Watkins, Joe Lewis and co?

I never watched the final bus driver thing because it was so bad. The sticky toffee pudding one involved Besoujin driving to 4 different places to eat a spoonfull of sticky toffee pudding whilst talking about sticky toffee pudding with the new RedTV guy, sharing a dessert, 2 spoons, all a bit odd. He gave them all ratings out of 10 as he went along, then they filmed another bit the next day where he revealed the winner, even though he'd already told us. Not sure what the point in it all was. Vinny is quite a likeable character and I suppose it's probably something to do with the partnerships we have with these businesses, but was a bit cringeworthy.

I'd rather they started to show highlights of the youth team games or something than this kind of nonsense.