Aberdeen 1 - 1 St Johnstone

6 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I think McCrorie will miss the match. Ramirez might lead the team out if Brown doesn’t play. 

I think he could be out for a while unfortunately.... Looked like a sore one from watching it on RedTV. He could hardly walk when he got up. Hopefully wrong though as he's been one of our best performers (Not that it says much with the shite we've been served up)

Just now, beef_sister said:

I think he could be out for a while unfortunately.... Looked like a sore one from watching it on RedTV. He could hardly walk when he got up. Hopefully wrong though as he's been one of our best performers (Not that it says much with the shite we've been served up)

The positive is he walked to the changing rooms. But I can't see him being fully fit for a few weeks. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Folk defending the Montgomery loan signing need to give themselves a shake. 

Multiple reasons on and off the park why this signing is a fucking shambles 

I'm just stating my observations.  He was terrible yesterday - but he's a young lad who with us until the end of season.  Pointless writing him off after one dreadful performance.  Clearly he's capable of much better - I've seen it with my own eyes.

11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, but strapped up and limping quite heavily.

I’d think mild ligament damage - all his weight going through his knee whilst his foot was planted. 

Hayes off at half time too, presumably injured? 

Hayes isn't injured. I assume it was because he was on a booking. 

I'd go with the following:

Woods

Ramsay Gallagher Bates Mackenzie

McGeouch Brown

Barron Ferguson Hayes

Ramirez

That's presuming McCrorie and Lewis won't make it.  Obviously be a few others I'd probably like to drop but it's not like we can sign a whole new 11 before Tuesday.  Maybe controversial dropping Dutch Bez but I genuinely don't think he's shown enough so far to deserve a start.

8 minutes ago, DandyWarhol said:

I'd go with the following:

Woods

Ramsay Gallagher Bates Mackenzie

McGeouch Brown

Barron Ferguson Hayes

Ramirez

That's presuming McCrorie and Lewis won't make it.  Obviously be a few others I'd probably like to drop but it's not like we can sign a whole new 11 before Tuesday.  Maybe controversial dropping Dutch Bez but I genuinely don't think he's shown enough so far to deserve a start.

Would rather have the under 17 keeper than Woods. In fact I think I’d be more confident in the under 10’s goalie

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Hoofball said:

Isn't Ritchie injured and Marshall’s replacement Samson was the sub keeper on Saturday 

Aye Ritchie is out long term with a "terrible" and "horrendous" injury - nae idea what it is but that's how the media was describing it.

On Saturday we actually had 2 keepers on the bench - Samson and young Shingler.

I said on Wednesday if Woods plays at Well we will be out of the cup and the same for Tomorrow if he plays we will struggle to win, I would rather have Samson or Marshall than him. All Stj would have to do is get as many crosses in his direction as possible and they will score. He reminds me of an outfield player being put in goals

3 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

I said on Wednesday if Woods plays at Well we will be out of the cup and the same for Tomorrow if he plays we will struggle to win, I would rather have Samson or Marshall than him. All Stj would have to do is get as many crosses in his direction as possible and they will score. He reminds me of an outfield player being put in goals

ha i know what you mean. Soft defence though :- watching the second goal back, doesn't Scott Brown actually impede Woods from clearing it/catching it?

6 minutes ago, RedRichard said:

ha i know what you mean. Soft defence though :- watching the second goal back, doesn't Scott Brown actually impede Woods from clearing it/catching it?

Woods is a flapper. Got away with one before the goal and after that resorted to a limp wristed punch that was more of a slap. 

Davidson will just tell his side to fire loads of high balls in, then observe the chaos (good emo band name). 

Games between us and St J are usually dire tight affairs. This will be no different with 1-1 being the best we will do. 

47 minutes ago, RedRichard said:

He definitely does impede Woods but that's the risk you run having a (nowadays) undersized keeper. A taller one like Joe could make the punch comfortably. I can't fault Woods for trying it, the ball was curling in viciously aided by the wind but he tried doing it from a standing position with no momentum.  He really needed to clear a path to the ball and if that meant wiping Brown out to do so then so be it

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Found it a bit strange that Robson had never watched the first team train since glass took over.   He did mention it was to do with covid but would still have thought he would have been involved at some point.  

He’s busy with the young teams who are kept separate from first team because of COVID. 
Glass has how many assisting him in training? Probably about half a dozen when you include Brown. 
Too many cooks as it was without Robson leaving the young team to go watch them train 

45 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Found it a bit strange that Robson had never watched the first team train since glass took over.   He did mention it was to do with covid but would still have thought he would have been involved at some point.  

20 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He’s busy with the young teams who are kept separate from first team because of COVID. 
Glass has how many assisting him in training? Probably about half a dozen when you include Brown. 
Too many cooks as it was without Robson leaving the young team to go watch them train 

Regardless it sounds very strange