Aberdeen 1 - 1 St Johnstone

17 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Regardless it sounds very strange

Or he didn’t want to answer…

Remember Sheerin was asked a similar question and instead of saying he was going to change away from DM’s tactics he said it would be the same. Suicide.

By not answering, Robson gets to approach the game from a neutral point of view

4 hours ago, 1983 said:

Or he didn’t want to answer…

Remember Sheerin was asked a similar question and instead of saying he was going to change away from DM’s tactics he said it would be the same. Suicide.

By not answering, Robson gets to approach the game from a neutral point of view

Liked the cut of Robsons Jib in that press conference. Massive game tonight, 2-0 dons Ramirez double

3 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Yep thought he was good too!  Hope he does well for us... some winnable games coming up - will put the cat amongst the pigeons if he gets some results.

Sounded good but talk is cheap and he has even less experience than Stephen Glass.  Hopefully he gets a tune out of the boys tonight.

23 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Sounded good but talk is cheap and he has even less experience than Stephen Glass.  Hopefully he gets a tune out of the boys tonight.

Agreed, But his experience level isn't that much far off what Glass had to be fair since he mainly managed a reserve side.... I'd like to think that Robson would command abit more respect than Glass would have going by how combative he was as a player. Time will tell but the main thing tonight is 3 points on the board, Regardless of how we get them

2 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

Agreed, But his experience level isn't that much far off what Glass had to be fair since he mainly managed a reserve side.... I'd like to think that Robson would command abit more respect than Glass would have going by how combative he was as a player. Time will tell but the main thing tonight is 3 points on the board, Regardless of how we get them

Fingers crossed but i thought Brown would have commanded respect also.  Hopefully we can at least beat the bottom side.

Just now, jamiesd said:

Fingers crossed but i thought Brown would have commanded respect also.  Hopefully we can at least beat the bottom side.

I think the player/coach roll hinders that to an extent. How can a dressing room say what they feel if there not happy when Brown is there in the changing room and he could go back and report any discontent to the manager. Not really keen on the player/coach roll myself. Either one or the other so there is no conflict of being in the playing squad or management team

23 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

I think the player/coach roll hinders that to an extent. How can a dressing room say what they feel if there not happy when Brown is there in the changing room and he could go back and report any discontent to the manager. Not really keen on the player/coach roll myself. Either one or the other so there is no conflict of being in the playing squad or management team

You're Theo Ten Catt and I claim my prize.

He's just said exactly the same thing in the news today. 

Aberdeen stars 'can't trust' Scott Brown after Stephen Glass sacking, claims former player (yahoo.com)

Complete shite IMO.

28 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

You're Theo Ten Catt and I claim my prize.

He's just said exactly the same thing in the news today. 

Aberdeen stars 'can't trust' Scott Brown after Stephen Glass sacking, claims former player (yahoo.com)

Complete shite IMO.

Well for a start they describe Ten  Caat as a forward, immediately it's lost credence

1 minute ago, ericblack4boss said:

Well for a start they describe Ten  Caat as a forward, immediately it's lost credence

He did actually tweet that when Aitken came in as player assistant the whole dressing room went to fuck.  Was interesting to hear that side but not so sure it would apply now

2 hours ago, jamiesd said:

He did actually tweet that when Aitken came in as player assistant the whole dressing room went to fuck.  Was interesting to hear that side but not so sure it would apply now

When was Aitken made player coach?  Just wondering if being made coach coincided with the teams slide under Miller.  Was a couple of years after he signed when it all went wrong

11 minutes ago, NEM said:

When was Aitken made player coach?  Just wondering if being made coach coincided with the teams slide under Miller.  Was a couple of years after he signed when it all went wrong

I can't remember the exact time NEM, but I'm sure he came straight in as player and assistant manager.

18 minutes ago, NEM said:

Looks like he signed end of 92 and only played 39 games over the 3 years.  So doesn't look like it upset the applecart to start with

34 minutes ago, RUL said:

Bit strange he refused to give team news. 

I liked that. Same way he was as a player - wouldn't give his opponents an inch.  The boy is a winner and probably doesn't care if he puts a few noses out of joint.  He will be desperate to get the team over the line tonight.  Good luck to him.

• Upvote 5
22 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

I liked that. Same way as he was as player - wouldn't give his opponents an inch.  The boy is a winner and probably doesn't care if he puts a few noses out of joint.  He will be desperate to get the team over the line tonight.  Good luck to him.

He's not that big a winner. Publicly stated a while back we should aim for third or fourth. Huge disappointment that.

@NEM will remember the specifics.

• Upvote 1

Good luck to Robbo tonight. Im sure he’ll get a response from the players which you’d expect after letting their manager get the sack. 

Robbo seems like an enthusiastic winner, great coach for the young uns. I think thats his level. More importantly tho, he’s an Inverurie Hun, so on that basis alone, should never be mentioned in any chat about being our next actual manager.