Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chester Don

Anger or Apathy

Anger or Apathy  

67 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Anger of Apathy

    • Anger
      27
    • Apathy
      41

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/27/2022 at 12:42 PM

Recommended Posts

Just now, DD1903 said:

I said weeks ago that it didn’t look like players were playing for him. I don’t think they’re on board with this ‘different’ thing glass keeps telling us he’s tryin

im not sure what the different thing is tbh. And why it’s taken the football visionary stephen glass to introduce it. 

Spin hatched by the leadership team to buy them more time. 

Share this post


Link to post

Angry we have slipped back 10 weeks the next two games decides if that remains an annoyance or lowers to a blip

Share this post


Link to post

5 clean sheets in 36 games under Glass says a lot. Calvin being out of position upfield has offered more assists to opposition goals than he has provided for us this season, including last night. So, if you are going to have this amazing talent operating upfield as a winger you would expect the team to be coached to cover the right back position when he does? Not in this team it seems. Playing McRorie on the left side of defence for so long when it was clear he cannot function on his left foot was criminal, we're all siting there watching the boys confidence destroyed in that period, really felt sorry for him as he's a good player. Another poster made a good point - JET should be chained to a fucking treadmill until he loses two stone. Great touch but FFS, a professional footballer that slow?

 

This poll should have four options - Anger, Apathy, Frustration and 'All of the above'.

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

A bigger question is why the team busts a gut against the Huns, then doesn't even try to win a game against St Mirren. 

It became patently obvious as the match wore on that the players we had on the field weren't much bothered about chasing the game. St Mirren were constantly pressing and hussling, getting to the first and second balls before us, and looking like a team who wanted to win. 

Even at a goal down we were passing the ball backwards and sideways with absolutely zero urgency, and allowed the game just to be played out to a 1-0 conclusion.

They very clearly had no interest in putting in the effort. 

I could accept it from a team with an established record of “knicking it” in the the last couple of minutes.  These guys know as well as us what’s coming after about 13 minutes, but then, as you say, show no appetite to change it.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I could accept it from a team with an established record of “knicking it” in the the last couple of minutes.  These guys know as well as us what’s coming after about 13 minutes, but then, as you say, show no appetite to change it.

I said at half time, while it was still 0-0, that the game was following the pattern where we just don't show enough. The opposition gets a goal, and we don't have the desire/energy/ability to claw back a goal. 

As soon as they scored it was clear this game was over. 

We offered no threat, and played at the same plodding, cautious pace as we had for the first 45. 

We could have played all night and not scored, and St Mirren would have just chased us down every time we tried to make another one of our agonisingly slow moves up the park...  assuming we didn't just pass it straight to a black and white shirt. 

Share this post


Link to post

Jet on a treadmill. FFS, it would have to be a an extra, extra heavy jumbo one with a super slow setting on it.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I said at half time, while it was still 0-0, that the game was following the pattern where we just don't show enough. The opposition gets a goal, and we don't have the desire/energy/ability to claw back a goal. 

As soon as they scored it was clear this game was over. 

We offered no threat, and played at the same plodding, cautious pace as we had for the first 45. 

We could have played all night and not scored, and St Mirren would have just chased us down every time we tried to make another one of our agonisingly slow moves up the park...  assuming we didn't just pass it straight to a black and white shirt. 

If only we were such experts, you knew it was game over when the goal went in? Nobody else thought that at all. You’re amazing m8

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Should probably just keep sacking managers until one suddenly starts winning every week.

Thats you officially slipped now into predictable and boring

You've just lost yourself a lot of future bites with that one - over reached 

Amateur

Edited by Millertime

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Thats you officially slipped now into predictable and boring

You've just lost yourself a lot of future bites with that one - over reached 

Amateur

Yet here you are, apparently got me on block, deepthroating every post I make like some hun hoor

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

The whole club is just not right at the moment. Sick of reading about 'visions' when all we want is to win bloody football matches. Appreciate things take time but we're seeing zero progress, in fact we're going backwards.

Everything the club puts out there looks like it's been spewed out by a PR firm - not sure if anyone else has noticed that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

If only we were such experts, you knew it was game over when the goal went in? Nobody else thought that at all. You’re amazing m8

I'm in Kelt's camp. Absolutely spot on assessment. Glass is incapable of turning games around, incapable of changing it up, incapable of inspiring the players to give 100%.

Its clearly obviously certain players are going through the motions. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Dynamo said:

The whole club is just not right at the moment. Sick of reading about 'visions' when all we want is to win bloody football matches. Appreciate things take time but we're seeing zero progress, in fact we're going backwards.

Everything the club puts out there looks like it's been spewed out by a PR firm - not sure if anyone else has noticed that. 

People said they just wanted entertainment. Now it’s just winning. The mask soon slips with everyone.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Broken_Glass said:

I'm in Kelt's camp. Absolutely spot on assessment. Glass is incapable of turning games around, incapable of changing it up, incapable of inspiring the players to give 100%.

Its clearly obviously certain players are going through the motions. 

Yet we were losing against Rangers last week and turned it around? The best team in the league? Where every player gave 100% and we dominated them?

Get your tongue out of his arsehole.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Chester Don said:

What do you feel today?

Sadly I feel the latter is becoming more prevalent, almost endemic and that’s so dangerous.

Our club must hear our voice. 
 

p.s. no players responses are required, it’s quite clear where you voted given last nights abject performance. 

Couldn’t give a fuck you cunt

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Glass

Magoo

Fat Sally

Pat Fenlon

Glass can't be the outstanding candidate in that list as one of the other 3 has been lauded as being good enough to manage Liverpool. 

Edited by Ernie McCracken

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I'm in Kelt's camp. Absolutely spot on assessment. Glass is incapable of turning games around, incapable of changing it up, incapable of inspiring the players to give 100%.

Its clearly obviously certain players are going through the motions. 

Please don't quote that insipid little troll if it's whining at me. I blocked it so I don't have to see its tedious bleating. 

'preciate it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Apathy.

Despite being a season ticket holder I have only been to 2 games this season. That's not because I can't go, its more I really can't be arsed to watch the uninspiring football being served up.

The way things are going I have no intention of renewing and I am pretty sure I'll not be the only one thinking like that.

I don't necessarily blame Glass, he is the equivalent of an office junior in a manager's position. Its the person that put him in that position I blame. Cormack is in for a real shock if he thinks fans will flock back next season if we stick with the current management team. 

The biggest worry of all, I am not 100% sure a manager of quality (exactly what we need) will want to work under Cormack.

It's all very well talking a good game, but in football you have to deliver on the pitch and that's where the current regime has spectacularly failed. 

We are in a complete mess.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Yet we were losing against Rangers last week and turned it around? The best team in the league? Where every player gave 100% and we dominated them?

Get your tongue out of his arsehole.

When you don't have the brains or intellect to engage properly turn to abuse. Its ok, I understand. 

 

When was the last time Aberdeen "failed" to raise their game against Sevco????

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Please don't quote that insipid little troll if it's whining at me. I blocked it so I don't have to see its tedious bleating. 

'preciate it. 

Will do and they'll be ignored from here on it. 

Heads up appreciated.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

People said they just wanted entertainment. Now it’s just winning. The mask soon slips with everyone.

Who are people? I speak for myself. I can keep my mask over my nose and mouth unlike many fucking retards in this country.

Bore off. 

Edited by Dynamo

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

People said they just wanted entertainment. Now it’s just winning. The mask soon slips with everyone.

You won't find many that were entertained last night. 

Share this post


Link to post

I want another Cormack call on Sportsound to make up for last nights performance.

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Apathy.

Despite being a season ticket holder I have only been to 2 games this season. That's not because I can't go, its more I really can't be arsed to watch the uninspiring football being served up.

The way things are going I have no intention of renewing and I am pretty sure I'll not be the only one thinking like that.

I don't necessarily blame Glass, he is the equivalent of an office junior in a manager's position. Its the person that put him in that position I blame. Cormack is in for a real shock if he thinks fans will flock back next season if we stick with the current management team. 

The biggest worry of all, I am not 100% sure a manager of quality (exactly what we need) will want to work under Cormack.

It's all very well talking a good game, but in football you have to deliver on the pitch and that's where the current regime has spectacularly failed. 

We are in a complete mess.

This. He clearly tried a real life Football Manager scheme with Hernandez by forcing him on McInnes who subsequently kept him on the bench as a "Fuck you". I don't think an experienced, quality manager would want to work under Cormack and to an extent, Gunn who has absolutely zero experience as a Director of Football.  But my fear is that until fans vote with their feet then Cormack won't budge. There are far too many footpads in our support who will blindly follow what Cormack says and does. 

Whilst Glass is clearly out of depth with the job the blame doesn't wholly lie at his door. Anyone in the same position would have taken the job. Without question. But how anyone can say he was the "outstanding candidate" is just laughable and clearly taking the fans for mugs. Apathy hasn't set in for me. Yet. I'm angry. I care about my club and I love my club. Supported them for over 30 years. But I hate what Cormack has turned us in to. I got a shit load of grief on Social Media for saying I wouldn't step foot inside Pittodrie until Glass was gone and Cormack fucking woke up and took running the club seriously and not treating us like his plaything. I stand by it and haven't been back since. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

Please don't quote that insipid little troll if it's whining at me. I blocked it so I don't have to see its tedious bleating. 

'preciate it. 

^^^ paid for his wife

57 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

When you don't have the brains or intellect to engage properly turn to abuse. Its ok, I understand. 

 

When was the last time Aberdeen "failed" to raise their game against Sevco????

17 years without a win at ibrox was it?

55 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Will do and they'll be ignored from here on it. 

Heads up appreciated.

Ooft, tongue firmly lodged. He’s not going to shag you m8. He paid for a wife online and thinks he’s some sort of football genius. Try and aspire to be better.

51 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Who are people? I speak for myself. I can keep my mask over my nose and mouth unlike many fucking retards in this country.

Bore off. 

So you just want us to win every week?

No wonder you’re so angry 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

What age bracket are you BHL? It's partly cause I'm horny but mostly because I had you down as a mid 40s guy but your posts really do suggest otherwise.

Why you always angry honey?

You make me chuckle but you don't need to be angry all the time. It's Wednesday. What a time to be alive.

Dads treble coming out soon...

Ah no.

Share this post


Link to post

Anger at performances and results like last night, but that soon fades to apathy and that's been my general feeling since the last 18-25 months of McInnes reign and into Glass's tenure.

Still have my season ticket and have only missed one home game and also been to a handful of away games. But the away days have mostly been spoiled by our away form, get a god bevvy with pals though.

One of the many good things McInnes did was get me back really enjoying following the dons. I would like to get that feeling back.

Edited by King Street Loon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm more looking forward to going to the Blackpool game next weekend than watching GlassBa.

Sigh.

Edited by Roberto

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...