Sign in to follow this  
Roberto

Qatar 2022

Is anyone thinking about going?

My pal just sent through some of the pics of the stadiums as he is working there just now. They look superb if truth be told... albeit shady as fuck how they've been built and Qatar even getting the World Cup.

Are al the hotel rooms not booked up already or something?

Fucking shite place for a world cup. 

14 hours ago, Roberto said:

My pal just sent through some of the pics of the stadiums as he is working there just now. They look superb if truth be told... albeit shady as fuck how they've been built and Qatar even getting the World Cup.

Fuck that it'll be crap and cost an absolute fortune

Canada will be there (and more importantly....hopefully Scotland).

Canada just opened the scoring (66') in El Salvador with a bizarre goal in the vein of Mackie's v Kille. 

On 1/27/2022 at 7:16 PM, Roberto said:

my bro lives in Abu Dhabi so if we get through I'll go stay with him and go over for a game or two 

African qualifiers through up some tough fixtures. Shame to see Nigeria and Egypt out but pish like Morroco and Tunisia through.

Hopefully Scotland can qualify and get some Morrocan revenge.... get Leighton back in goals

the boy hakimi is supposed to be good for morocco and they’ve got that ex Ajax boy.

they’ll be a decent side 

Draw for the groups is tomorrow, and we're in it. Get this thread moved to the other forum.

Pot 1: Qatar, Brazil, Belgium, France, Argentina, England, Spain, Portugal.

Pot 2: Mexico, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Uruguay, Switzerland, USA, Croatia.

Pot 3: Senegal, Iran, Japan, Morocco, Serbia, Poland, South Korea, Tunisia.

Pot 4: Cameroon, Canada, Ecuador, Saudi Arabia, Ghana, Wales/Scotland/Ukraine, Costa Rica/New Zealand, UAE/Australia/Peru.

Dream draw is England, USA, Iran and us.

25 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Pot 2: Mexico, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Uruguay, Switzerland, USA, Croatia.

Pot 4: Cameroon, Canada, Ecuador, Saudi Arabia, Ghana, Wales/Scotland/Ukraine, Costa Rica/New Zealand, UAE/Australia/Peru.

Was away to say surely you want Qatar from Pot 1 but thats the type of game Scotland would lose!

33 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Was away to say surely you want Qatar from Pot 1 but thats the type of game Scotland would lose!

Due to the vagaries of the draw (and as worked out on pie & bovril) we've got about 1 in 3 chance of being drawn with Qatar. Still think we'd have a better chance against England though.

On 3/30/2022 at 11:30 AM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

African qualifiers through up some tough fixtures. Shame to see Nigeria and Egypt out but pish like Morroco and Tunisia through.

Hopefully Scotland can qualify and get some Morrocan revenge.... get Leighton back in goals

Do you really give a shit? haha.

29 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Do you really give a shit? haha.

I am beyond disillusioned with modern football but I’m still a massive geek for the World Cup and to a lesser extent the euros. It’s just about the only thing left that hasn’t been completely ruined by money, yet.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I am beyond disillusioned with modern football but I’m still a massive geek for the World Cup and to a lesser extent the euros. It’s just about the only thing left that hasn’t been completely ruined by money, yet.   

When was the last time Nigeria or Egypt did anything at a world cup? I went to Russia vs Egypt at the last WC - Egypt were awful and their fans were the worst I've ever sat amongst!  Hordes of dumpy little men, dressed head-to-toe in designer gear and bling! Most of them weren't even watching the game!

8 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

When was the last time Nigeria or Egypt did anything at a world cup? I went to Russia vs Egypt at the last WC - Egypt were awful and their fans were the worst I've ever sat amongst!  Hordes of dumpy little men, dressed head-to-toe in designer gear and bling! Most of them weren't even watching the game!

Aye they are both usually shite right enough. 

I find it mental how shite Nigeria are. Like we are always disappointed in Scotland.... but Nigeria is a football crazy nation of 211 million people plus maybe even double that eligible across the world..... and here they are giving Leon Balugon who barely gets a game for the huns nearly 50 caps

9 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

I wouldn't judge these teams by the fans at the ground- the ones that could afford to travel probably aren't representative of the fans at home. 

The world cup still does it for me. You might discover a wee team which plays exciting football, see the holders/favourites get pumped, not know if France will win the thing or go on strike. It's still a tournament which can't be bought. Except for the hosting, obviously.

20 hours ago, The Cockney Don said:

England 

Mexico 

South Korea(Kane v Son)

Canada.

Play some different ones for a change.

Mexico & Canada cannot be in the same group, so changing Canada for Cameroon.

England

Mexico

South Korea

Cameroon.

1 hour ago, The Cockney Don said:

England

Mexico

South Korea

Cameroon.

Cameroon are known for liking to stick the boot in so I'm rooting for you there.

3 hours ago, The Cockney Don said:

England

Mexico

South Korea

Cameroon.

1 hour ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Cameroon are known for liking to stick the boot in so I'm rooting for you there.

Would be goals in the game.

The other two would be nice and open too.

Don't want boring shite like Switzerland again.

Avoid Ghana & Poland, quite a few of them folks round these parts.

I did celebrate when Scotland were drawn out if truth be told.

The biggest and best chance they'll ever have to get through if they qualify.

Iran are shite.

England are shite.

USA will be tough.

On 3/31/2022 at 3:40 PM, Ramandu said:

Nice work.