Summer 2022 Transfer Window

12 hours ago, minijc said:

It's more common courtesy, especially when the player is a starter, I don't think they'd want to face getting left out of the team.  This happens quite a bit from this stage in the season, all will be revealed soon, hopefully probably around May. 

I’ve read some shite on here but this takes the biscuit 

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, minijc said:

It's more common courtesy, especially when the player is a starter, I don't think they'd want to face getting left out of the team.  This happens quite a bit from this stage in the season, all will be revealed soon, hopefully probably around May. 

I don’t know you, but you are coming across as a complete loser, whether you really do know of a definite pre contract signed or not. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Let's say its Muwabi. Is Alan Burrows or anyone associated with the club going to come on Afc chat, read that you've said he's signing, and tell Graham Alexander it's a) true and b) not to play him. 

I doubt it. 

It did happen with Gallagher, who wanted it kept quiet as he was in with a chance of making the Scotland Euro finals squad

The instant it was leaked that he had signed the pre-contract, Motherwell dropped him. Luckily for him, it was very late in the season

It will be interesting to see what happens at Hearts once Halkett is fit, having signed Toby Sibbick in the window. My guess is they'll then drop Souttar although I hope not, it would be hilarious if his achilles snapped again and sevco don't see him on the pitch for a year, if ever. 

If the player we have supposedly signed is Zander Clark then he's obviously not going to get dropped considering their perilous league position. But if it was Mugabe at Motherwell then there's a possibility it could happen

1 hour ago, jamiesd said:

This forum is a dark place at the moment 

I think it’s Apathy with the way the club is being run on the pitch, we keep getting told there is a process but nothing seems to be visible from the recruitment, style or performance! Yet again we come out of a January window with no idea where goals are coming from, so a lot of 1-0 defeats on they way where we have 60+ Of the ball but do nothing ?‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It did happen with Gallagher, who wanted it kept quiet as he was in with a chance of making the Scotland Euro finals squad

The instant it was leaked that he had signed the pre-contract, Motherwell dropped him. Luckily for him, it was very late in the season

It will be interesting to see what happens at Hearts once Halkett is fit, having signed Toby Sibbick in the window. My guess is they'll then drop Souttar although I hope not, it would be hilarious if his achilles snapped again and sevco don't see him on the pitch for a year, if ever. 

If the player we have supposedly signed is Zander Clark then he's obviously not going to get dropped considering their perilous league position. But if it was Mugabe at Motherwell then there's a possibility it could happen

There's absolutely no way Souttar will be dropped after them holding out for more cash from the Huns. 

@Wester Hailes Skins

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

There's absolutely no way Souttar will be dropped after them holding out for more cash from the Huns. 

@Wester Hailes Skins

I don't believe cash was the factor. Halkett copped an injury that will keep him out 6 weeks minimum just as Souttar signed the pre contract. A few days later they brought Sibbick back on a permanent deal after his loan a couple of years back ended through injury after a few games. I don't believe he was brought in to cover for Halkett.  I think he was Souttar's intended replacement all along but Halkett's injury meant that they just couldn't risk cashing in on Souttar. 

On 2/1/2022 at 8:57 PM, BonnieDon said:

I really hope we are trying to source a new goalie

Totally agree. Joe Lewis is going through the motions at the moment.

On 2/1/2022 at 10:30 PM, Redtaz2 said:

You will get a few up in arms with that statement 

Bring it on.

21 hours ago, jamiesd said:

This forum is a dark place at the moment 

Just as well I am here to brighten things up a bit.  :trophy:

With the exception of the obvious Thumb Griffiths, Glass (half empty) has stated he has not rued out the possibility of brining in a free agent striker, again is this just him and wankstain Cormack blowin smoke or is there a genuine possibility of this happening, If there is a spare cell in cornhill then there may be a chance of it being the thumb but it looks as if cornhill is at full capacity at the moment with Minijc and the likes ?

4 hours ago, blowupsheep said:

With the exception of the obvious Thumb Griffiths, Glass (half empty) has stated he has not rued out the possibility of brining in a free agent striker, again is this just him and wankstain Cormack blowin smoke or is there a genuine possibility of this happening, If there is a spare cell in cornhill then there may be a chance of it being the thumb but it looks as if cornhill is at full capacity at the moment with Minijc and the likes ?

Someone put up a list of available strikers and there certainly is a few options. Nothing stopping us getting one if we really want one. Glass will just have to ask Gunn if he can have permission and in return Gunn will have to ask Cormack for permission to sign another player. Cormack will then get permission to speak to Stewart Milne who will consult with Cormack and tell him all the cons about having another player to pay for. If we somehow decide to get a striker we will need permission from the players agent to speak to the player, who will then need permission from their wife to go to Aberdeen. She will probably say no chance.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, blowupsheep said:

Whilst it could in theory happen, any half decent striker isnt going to be a free agent. 

The ship has sailed until the summer. 

9 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Sorry guys, gals and gender neutral freaks whilst Cormack and his puppets are in charge of our once proud club this thread is, in all honesty, a waste of everyone's time and energy.

Nobody of any note will sign for us whilst these idiots remain pulling the strings!!!

That’s not true, we just got a player on loan from Celtic