Summer 2022 Transfer Window

On 2/21/2022 at 10:25 AM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

O'Connor was a bellend but he was better than Bates and Gallagher by a distance. 

Probably better in midfield than Brown, McGeouch, Ojo have been too.

Obviously I have to defend Byrne too. Even though he was shite and I'm not sure what to say to defend him.

He was not better than Bates, probably better than Gallagher and definitely not better in midfield than those 3.

And he was a bit of a dickhead too. Ideas well above his station.

20 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

He was not better than Bates, probably better than Gallagher and definitely not better in midfield than those 3.

And he was a bit of a dickhead too. Ideas well above his station.

Bates isn’t better than Gallagher. Bates is truly horrific. Gallagher hasn’t set the heather on fire but he will settle in better. Bates is constantly a bombscare.

43 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Wonder if we're in for Siegrist from Dundee Utd, played quite well again on Saturday agianst us, apparently in contract talks with Dundee UTd but unsure if he'll sign a new deal

Terrefic goalie

Single handedly stopped us from humping them 3 times last season.

And on saturday too.

I think he'll have big offers this summer, but if you don't ask......

1 hour ago, Granite95 said:

Wonder if we're in for Siegrist from Dundee Utd, played quite well again on Saturday agianst us, apparently in contract talks with Dundee UTd but unsure if he'll sign a new deal

Would much rather have Siegrest in goals than Lewis. He also looked to quickly start counterattacks unlike Lewis who needs ages to decide where he wants to punt the ball

28 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Theo ten Caat offering up his services as a scout. Surely not a bad idea? Coached Twente reserves for three years. Bound to know of a few players who would suit the Scottish game. Even says he's recommended some to the recruitment team before. 

www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/theo-ten-caat-doubles-down-23291439

Why not? Can it be worse than the last two-three years recruitment 

JET has been a horrific signing, another in the same mould as stevie may and Clitoris Main, couple of ok performances against us, the odd goal or two we then sign them and they go on to be worse than shite for us.

I fear Jim fcukin Goodwin (or nae win) is going to be the same, managed saint midden to a couple of wins over us, their first win of the current season and all that, we sign him up based on that and he goes on to be shite.

Anyway that horrific appointment of a manger will unfortunately be here for the summer transfer window, I wonder if he has it him to do what is desperately needed  and does our ego maniac prick of a chairman have it in him to at least back the lad to give him a try, I doubt it 

we are all doomed, doomed I tell ya 

2 hours ago, blowupsheep said:

JET has been a horrific signing, another in the same mould as stevie may and Clitoris Main, couple of ok performances against us, the odd goal or two we then sign them and they go on to be worse than shite for us.

I fear Jim fcukin Goodwin (or nae win) is going to be the same, managed saint midden to a couple of wins over us, their first win of the current season and all that, we sign him up based on that and he goes on to be shite.

Anyway that horrific appointment of a manger will unfortunately be here for the summer transfer window, I wonder if he has it him to do what is desperately needed  and does our ego maniac prick of a chairman have it in him to at least back the lad to give him a try, I doubt it 

Well that fair cheered me up 

2 hours ago, blowupsheep said:

What a fricking  inspiration you are.  ? I’m glad your not in my troop as tailman.

You must be a manic depressive. ☹️ Get some medication. ??‍⚕️?????

5 hours ago, blowupsheep said:

Trying to fill the void left by your moronic mate ?

10 hours ago, blowupsheep said:

Saint midden...

Deary me

There was a segment within the latest ABZ Podcast that focussed on our recruitment since the 2017 Cup final (the Rogic 93rd minute winner).

In that time, there’s been 61 transfers in & that includes players signing twice, such as on loan twice, or on loan, then a second time permanently.

It was a quick “hit/miss/maybe” verdict on all 61.

Some you could argue, but I agreed with about 90% of their verdicts.

Of the 61, only 10 were a “hit”.

And of the 10, only 1 was a hit from the current season.

That’s a fucking awful hit rate. 

Do we have any confidence that the massive summer rebuild will be any better? 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

There was a segment within the latest ABZ Podcast that focussed on our recruitment since the 2017 Cup final (the Rogic 93rd minute winner).

In that time, there’s been 61 transfers in & that includes players signing twice, such as on loan twice, or on loan, then a second time permanently.

I mind after the 2018 Scottish Cup semi McInnes said recruitment hasn't been good enough... and I thought fair play to the cunt for admitting that. Then he went and signed Curtis because he had tore apart a terrible Aberdeen team.

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I plan on listening to the episode today.

But it suggests the club recognised it as an issue and it's why they had the 'restructure' and brought in a new HoR. Its just unfortunate he wasn't in place in time to make an impact last summer. The 'hit' rate has been poor for quite some time, and we really need to see some major improvements on recruitment on that front.

The whole system should of been restructured.  Id of cleared out all the youth coaches Simmie and all that and started afresh.  Look at our hit rate with Youngsters coming through that are ready for first team football.  Any other club and they can slot right in.  Some of these guys have been thrown in and honestly wouldn't of got a game for Broomhill Tower in Champion Street.  These guys have been comfortable for years.  I have nothing against any of them but our success rate is murder..

Just my opinion mind...

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

I plan on listening to the episode today.

But it suggests the club recognised it as an issue and it's why they had the 'restructure' and brought in a new HoR. Its just unfortunate he wasn't in place in time to make an impact last summer. The 'hit' rate has been poor for quite some time, and we really need to see some major improvements on recruitment on that front.

Aye, Darren Mowbray had little or no influence on the clusterfuck summer transfer window.

The January window, it was patently obvious Glass wasn’t being backed. He should’ve been removed 2-3 weeks earlier & give JG & Mowbray the chance to bring in a couple of players maybe. 
We got caught between giving Glass the cup as a chance to redeem himself & the season , & not going gung-ho in the January window & ended made an arse of both.