Summer 2022 Transfer Window

13 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Strange thing about Gallagher is, although we see him as a no nonsense centre half, all through his AFC tenure, to me he’s looked quite comfortable with the ball at his feet. It’s in the air that he’s looked dodgy, v Motherwell especially.

But now, he’s cut that out whilst continuing to look very confident on the ball. I think we are finally seeing the real Gallagher. In my opinion. Bates is the dodgy one, but at 24, he has time on his side.

They've got to the end of the season to prove they can form a partnership.

Would be good if they could as it would solve a big problem for us and allow us to focus on other areas

When it comes to bringing in a keeper, if Alnwick decides he wants to go back down south and not come up here i wonder if Goodwin might consider asking Ipswich to loan us Vaclav Hladky who he previously said was the best goalkeeper in scotland when he was playing at St Mirren. And he said if he was a little bit taller he would have without doubt been playing in the EPL.

After leaving St Mirren, Hladky won the player of the year award for Salford the following season and then moved to Ipswich last summer but is only second choice there. With a number of decent SPL keepers available for free i doubt we would be willing to pay a hefty fee for him at that age and with Ipswich buying him only last summer i don't think they would just release Hladky.  But if Goodwin really does rate him as good as he said , he might consider asking about a loan and Ipswich might consider a loan if we paid all his wages.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

When it comes to bringing in a keeper, if Alnwick decides he wants to go back down south and not come up here i wonder if Goodwin might consider asking Ipswich to loan us Vaclav Hladky who he previously said was the best goalkeeper in scotland when he was playing at St Mirren. And he said if he was a little bit taller he would have without doubt been playing in the EPL.

After leaving St Mirren, Hladky won the player of the year award for Salford the following season and then moved to Ipswich last summer but is only second choice there. With a number of decent SPL keepers available for free i doubt we would be willing to pay a hefty fee for him at that age and with Ipswich buying him only last summer i don't think they would just release Hladky.  But if Goodwin really does rate him as good as he said , he might consider asking about a loan and Ipswich might consider a loan if we paid all his wages.

Good shout that 

31 years old hasn't played 250 matches in his career yet. Isn't particularly undersized if wiki is correct.....he's 189cm or a smidge over 6'2". Up for debate whether Slovan Liberec or Ipswich are the biggest club he has played for in his career. Probably Liberec as they appear in European football most seasons

Now back up keeper at a club sitting mid table in EFL1. I'm sure Lewis would be able to get a gig as first choice in that league.

Not for me. And hopefully not for Goodwin

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

31 years old hasn't played 250 matches in his career yet. Isn't particularly undersized if wiki is correct.....he's 189cm or a smidge over 6'2". Up for debate whether Slovan Liberec or Ipswich are the biggest club he has played for in his career. Probably Liberec as they appear in European football most seasons

Now back up keeper at a club sitting mid table in EFL1. I'm sure Lewis would be able to get a gig as first choice in that league.

Agreed there. Although we would all like to see a new and improved keeper lets not just focus on the "new" part. Although Joe Lewis isn't at the peak of his powers he's still a pretty good goalkeeper. I hope we don't just take someone in for the sake of it.

• Upvote 1

Regan Charles-Cook getting linked with us.

Ooc in summer.

Good shout. 

Spoonburners seemingly interested as well.

No brainer for him then.

Dandies all the way.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Where is he getting linked with us?

In the Daily Record.

Within the body of this article there’s a link to it. 

And from this article it sounds pretty clear Matty Kennedy won’t be going anywhere in the summer.

Oh, & in a shocking turn of events, Dylan McGeouch is injured.

So Ramsay will play & McCrorie, Ferguson, Barron in midfield I’d think. 

4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I wasn't saying we should sign him or that I thought he was small just that Goodwin thought he would be in EPL if he was taller ,and he rated him very highly so as his move hasn't gone to plan I wondered if Goodwin may consider him as a possible option.

“I’m not being disrespectful to any of the guys at Celtic or Rangers or Joe Lewis at Aberdeen for that matter,” he said. Prior to coming in I had a fair idea of how good Vaclav was. I had seen him live three times last season’s and then I watched both play-off games on the telly.

“I just can’t get over how good he is. If he was three or four inches taller he would probably be playing down in the English Premier League. - https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17859794.st-mirren-goalkeeper-vaclav-hladky-best-stopper-top-flight-says-jim-goodwin/

St Mirren fans thought he was unbelievable, Salford fans thought the same.

He went into Ipswich and had a shaky start playing behind a shambolic defence and team that was all over the place at the start of the season. Ipswich wanted 2 new keepers last year and were spending a lot of cash bringing heaps of new players in at the same time so it wasnt in a stable team and the manager brought in another keeper on big wages from Brighton who he had worked with in the championship before and knew well.

Hladky would also easily get a gig as first choice in that league too for many of the other teams and would probably be highest paid player at a few of them but unfortunately for him he landed up at the wrong club at the wrong time and thats why he is back up. Not saying i would sign him or anything as i havnt really watched him other than when he played us but i wouldnt be surprised if he was under consideration. 

22 minutes ago, sheep123 said:

No seen much of him to be fair, but he never gave Ramirez a sniff last game against them we got beat, fast as fuck. Probably been pish every other game though just basing it on the one a saw 

The one thing I do remember about him is that he’s quick. Something that no other centre halves we have on the books possess. 

He’s also a leftie 

That’s about as much as I know about the lad. 

It would seem odd to spend what I’d imagine would be about £200k on him. 

Dunne is very very quick for a centre back and with McCrorie moving back in to midfield I would expect us to be looking for a centre back with more pace to allow us to defend further up the park to allow more pressing from high up the park.

Probably more suited to left side of a back 3. But don't believe we would be that keen for him that we would be willing to pay a fee for Dunne. I'm thinking its an agent trying to drum up interest and earn a fee.

If we were looking at someone else from St Mirren i would have thought Tanser as a back up left back/left wing back is more likely as he is out of contract in summer, wouldn't be expensive wages, proven he can play in SPL and in addition to that we are meant to be looking at stats a lot more now before making any transfers targets. I know that Tansers stats in the first half of the season showed impressive numbers. 

10 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Dunne is very very quick for a centre back and with McCrorie moving back in to midfield I would expect us to be looking for a centre back with more pace to allow us to defend further up the park to allow more pressing from high up the park.

Probably more suited to left side of a back 3. But don't believe we would be that keen for him that we would be willing to pay a fee for Dunne. I'm thinking its an agent trying to drum up interest and earn a fee.

If we were looking at someone else from St Mirren i would have thought Tanser as a back up left back/left wing back is more likely as he is out of contract in summer, wouldn't be expensive wages, proven he can play in SPL and in addition to that we are meant to be looking at stats a lot more now before making any transfers targets. I know that Tansers stats in the first half of the season showed impressive numbers. 

Tanser is not good enough.

St J & St M were/are his level.

I’d be surprised if we’d be prepared to pay a “six figure fee” for Dunne.     

I guess Goodwin will have great knowledge of Dunne and his abilities and attributes that he can being to the defence and squad. 

I don't know much about the lad so have to bow to the managers superior knowledge. That said I would personally prefer a move for McCart from St Johnstone who is also out of contract this season I believe. Also younger than Dunne and left footed.

That is based purely on my knowledge and observation at games. 

Goodwin I trust.

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Absolutely no idea who this guy is but when you read St Mirren fans tweeting in reply that they would drive him up themselves if they get a fee it sounds a lot like another ridiculous signing! 

I'm guessing the wage bill will be getting slashed if we fail to make top 6. I reckon we are going to be seeing a number of unspectacular signings this summer.

14 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

I'm guessing the wage bill will be getting slashed if we fail to make top 6. I reckon we are going to be seeing a number of unspectacular signings this summer.

Why would we slash the wage bill when guaranteed group stage football is on offer next season for 3rd again? If anything cormack should increase it for his shitshow this season, the cunt.

2 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Id rather spend all our budget on 3/4 players if thats the case instead of turning over the squad.

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If true not surprising he picks Cardiff, who’ll easily pay way more than us or Hibs. 

Not that fussed to be honest, not sure he’s the answer on goal.

Siegrist & Clark both better (& both likely to get better offers too). 

Not to fussed if we don’t get him. Only st mirren player we should go for is Conner Ronnan