Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

But, if we’re planning replacing him with the St Mirren cart horse, that’s a backward step. 

Bit harsh. 

He may not be a fashionable choice but he's definitely quicker than any centre back we've got and has better distribution than any of our centre backs as well. Stronger as well I'd also say. 

I think people forget how bad our centre backs are. 

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Considine rumour certainly appears to be, according to good old Scott Burns.

We pay Devlin to sit on the  table for 12 months, but when it comes to big Andy hes telt to GTF.  Well if that's how Goodwin is going roll, then he'd better have some good answers lined up for the summer transfer window (i.e. Nae a 29 year old from St Mirren whose career peak is having played for Motherwell) 

Nae happy about this. Can only assume Dave fucking Cormack has fucked the squad so bad and left us lumbered with those useless cunts Bates and Gallagher, and so big Consi had to take the hit so Goodwin can freshen things up. 

Fucking Cormack. 

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Consi leaving feels like a bit of a fuck up from both sides. Surely needed to negotiate a sensible contract.

As I said in another thread, it'll be sad to see Considine go... but if Goodwin feels it's the right decision, it again shows he is not afraid to make big decisions, just as he did with Brown.

As I also said, if we're going to progress as a football club, we need to move away from being a sentimental place, where older players who are past their best, can see out their time, on a good wage, in a comfortable environment.

Guest milne_afc

Loving some of the reactions to the Consi news. Looks like the Dons support might finally get rid of a couple of fat ugly stinkers.

16 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Bit harsh. 

He may not be a fashionable choice but he's definitely quicker than any centre back we've got and has better distribution than any of our centre backs as well. Stronger as well I'd also say. 

I think people forget how bad our centre backs are. 

Better distribution?

You might want to run that past St Mirren fans, who often say he “likes a long diagonal out the park”.

They think they’d be robbing us if we’re prepared to pay a six figure fee.

If he decided to clear most of them out would anyone really be that upset? I'm fed up watching most of this lot over the last 2 seasons 

Both the goalies can go any time they like. 

Same with the centre backs. Only one I like is Consi and he's 35.

I like Jonny Hayes but he's 34.

Other than that, apart from rooting for a few of the players who have came through the system I've got very little affinity for anyone else apart from maybe McCrorie. 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Better distribution?

You might want to run that past St Mirren fans, who often say he “likes a long diagonal out the park”.

They think they’d be robbing us if we’re prepared to pay a six figure fee.

I'm not saying he's the second coming of Maldini but he's got some better attributes than our current lot. 

It's not like any of them are renowned for their passing either. 

Our centre backs are slow, weak and shit.  Let's face it. 

25 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

We pay Devlin to sit on the  table for 12 months, but when it comes to big Andy hes telt to GTF.  Well if that's how Goodwin is going roll, then he'd better have some good answers lined up for the summer transfer window (i.e. Nae a 29 year old from St Mirren whose career peak is having played for Motherwell) 

Nae happy about this. Can only assume Dave fucking Cormack has fucked the squad so bad and left us lumbered with those useless cunts Bates and Gallagher, and so big Consi had to take the hit so Goodwin can freshen things up. 

Fucking Cormack. 

Maybe Considine's wages are an issue? I know that the reason we are wanting rid of McGeouch, Ojo, Lewis and Ramirez is they are high earners so perhaps Andy is in the same boat?

Im fully behind Goodwin decision to see all of them leave. McGeouch is a good player but is only fit for a handful of games a season. Considine is getting on and coming back from another serious injury in his career. I have no ill feelings towards lewis. He was fantastic in his first few seasons however it's time for a change.

The rest simply haven't shown enough to play for Aberdeen.

We'll be up there fighting for top 3 next season. Goodwin will sort this mess out.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

Either Scott Burns has the same source as Mainstandmoan, or he’s lifting stuff off AFC Chat now! His article that’s just gone up on the Express reads like it’s been lifted from MM’s earlier post!

Get your own exclusives Scotty!

Maybe the same person !!!!

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, mainstandmoan said:

Update

Formal bid made for Charles Dunne, £200K

Interest in Cove Rangers left back, Harry Milne.

Ojo, McGeouch, Considine contracts not being renewed (expect official statement this week). Campbell, JET, Woods, McLennan and Joe Lewis told they are free to find other clubs.

Ramirez formally requested move back to US.

Langfield not an option for goalkeeping coach as he doesn't hold a proper licence. He's able to work with ST Mirren first team as their youth goalkeeping coach has a licence.

New shirt sponsor likely to be 3 different sponsors, front, back and sleeves. Rob Wicks tasked with finding large blue chip replacement for Saltire. Fail. Local companies now involved.

Fuck off haraldur 

8 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Consi leaving feels like a bit of a fuck up from both sides. Surely needed to negotiate a sensible contract.

Definitely no way to treat someone who has been so loyal and that sentiment is both ways. A compromise will hopefully appear, 1 year and then coaching the youth to start 

• Upvote 1

It's hard to judge without knowing the detail. It's hard to see Considine coming back and being a first team starter every week. Therefore you'd expect that any wage should commensurate with his position as a back-up. 

If he isn't prepared to accept a wage cut and a one year deal then, no matter what a great servant he's been, it's time for all parties to move on. 

Cheers and best of luck. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's hard to judge without knowing the detail. It's hard to see Considine coming back and being a first team starter every week. Therefore you'd expect that any wage should commensurate with his position as a back-up. 

If he isn't prepared to accept a wage cut and a one year deal then, no matter what a great servant he's been, it's time for all parties to move on. 

Cheers and best of luck. 

^ this