Summer 2022 Transfer Window

51 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Not somebody that I have been aware of either. Seems there are many experts on his ability so will take their word for it. 

Dont think they are basing it on that. Ive never seen the guy but when you see St mirren fans in disbelief that they could get a fee for him its a big red flag in my book!

15 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Not really. Scott Burns is running with it. Hes been pretty accurate about everything else. 

He gets quite a lot wrong though if you look through his past history.  Folk just remember the ones he gets right. 

Consi rumoured to be leaving so that leaves us with no left footed centre back.  Manager's previous club have a left footed centre back. He has a year left on his contract so would probably command a fee. 

Robinson has actually signed Dunne twice before and is delighted to be reunited with him and was praising him to the hilt in the media the other day. Wouldn't imagine he wants to lose him so lo and behold we have a £200k fee being rumoured. 

2 + 2 =? 

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He gets quite a lot wrong though if you look through his past history.  Folk just remember the ones he gets right. 

He’ll have got his information from somewhere… generally there is no smoke without fire. Sometimes things do not come to pass, a move may breakdown for whatever reason.  It was interesting that the Burns article appeared online about 5-7 hours after Mainstandmoan had posted on here. Would love to know if there is a connection!

Both running with Charles Dunne bid and Considine not being offered an extension.

MM also gets a fair bit wrong… but over the years has by far the best hit rate of any of the so-called ‘ITK’. I think you have to appreciate these guys are just passing on info that they’ve heard… 

2 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

He’ll have got his information from somewhere… generally there is no smoke without fire. Sometimes things do not come to pass, a move may breakdown for whatever reason.  It was interesting that the Burns article appeared online about 5-7 hours after Mainstandmoan had posted on here. Would love to know if there is a connection!

Both running with Charles Dunne bid and Considine not being offered an extension.

I'm not saying we won't sign him but the 200k stuff has definitely just been plucked out of thin air. 

37 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

How? Facts and proof please 

32 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Would honestly think when it was about 5 games before the end of the 2019 season and he still hadn’t signed a deal with us , his agent would have other offers to show him. It’s his job

You prove that he did have offers...

17 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Be amazed if gets as good a deal as he would've got here. Doubt he'll get the 2 years he's after.

Probably a 2 year deal at Ross County/Caley/Dundee/Cove on less than what we offered but worth it in his mind as it not a 1 year deal. That would be my guess.

44 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Be amazed if gets as good a deal as he would've got here. Doubt he'll get the 2 years he's after.

Is it confirmed he wanted a 2 year deal? 
I see Goodwin has said so. Shit situation 

He was happy as Larry just to get a one year deal last year 

probably his agent fkd this for him. 

1 hour ago, Donmacca said:

Probably a 2 year deal at Ross County/Caley/Dundee/Cove on less than what we offered but worth it in his mind as it not a 1 year deal. That would be my guess.

Caley or a relegated Dundee would be my guess. I don't think County will be interested.

But still think a player-coaching position at Cove or Montrose more likely

7 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Just rumours just now though isn't it? 

Pretty easy headlines for the media to link a manager with his ex club's players. Happens every day.  Just about every Hun player has been linked with Aston Villa in the last couple of months, he's not signed a single one. Same with Rodgers, he was continually linked with Celtic players when he went to Leicester, didn't sign a single one.

Would be surprised if more than one St Mirren player rocks up at Pittodrie. 

And we should also know not to take the fans forum view on these things too seriously.  Look at the views on here about our own players.  Ranging from world beater to useless cunt in the space of a few minutes sometimes. 

and given we are going to need 2 or 3 strikers then you wouldnt bet against it ending up being Eamon Brophy

1 minute ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I would. Brophy is St Mirrens top earner. On around £4k a week apparently. And bearing in mind he's still under contract we shouldn't be anywhere near him. 

I was thinking he was on a free next month? If we lose Ramirez's huge wage we'll have loads to spend on a couple of shit strikers