Summer 2022 Transfer Window

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Shinnie puts in plenty effort & runs around a lot.….. usually after a stray pass when he’s given it away. 

Bit harsh.  Was a great player for us and did well at Derby after a slow start

• Upvote 2

We need a whole new team of players. 

Either to replace ones that are already in the team who are leaving/aren't good enough or to provide cover for positions that were inadequately covered this year. 

If we thought last summer was a big rebuild then it's twice as big this year. 

If you gave him a choice I doubt he really wants to keep more than 4 or 5 max. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We need a whole new team of players. 

Either to replace ones that are already in the team who are leaving/aren't good enough or to provide cover for positions that were inadequately covered this year. 

If we thought last summer was a big rebuild then it's twice as big this year. 

If you gave him a choice I doubt he really wants to keep more than 4 or 5 max. 

And if he is signing eleven players then he needs 7/8 of them to come in and hit the ground running straight away 

Just now, starryfish said:

And if he is signing eleven players then he needs 7/8 of them to come in and hit the ground running straight away 

Big ask unless he's getting a big budget. 

If we assume Ferguson and Ramirez are away then there's only 3 i'd really want to see in the first team as regulars next year. 

McCrorie, Barron and a hopefully rejuvenated Ramsay. 

Hayes and Watkins as squad players due to age/being injury prone. 

I'm not sold on Besuijen yet but I guess he deserves some time to settle in and be part of a more energetic team. 

The rest aren't really worth the effort. 

22 minutes ago, minijc said:

Once Ferguson is confirmed as away I'm sure Goodwin will have a nice healthy budget. 

I hope so.   Gunn, Mowbray and Goodwin will all have to earn their corn getting the quality that we need to sign.   If they struggled to make signings when we were in the top 6, it’s just got a whole load more difficult.  

3 hours ago, minijc said:

Once Ferguson is confirmed as away I'm sure Goodwin will have a nice healthy budget. 

He could sign the entire St Mirren starting 11, that would be a good start. Probably not that expensive either.

He can spend anything remaining on those that he’s worked with before at st Mirren that are high quality but have lost their way under lesser leadership. 

Discounting young/unknowns the only players worthy of staying in squad at moment are McCrorie, Barron, Vinny,  Ramsay & Ferguson (if not cashed in on) & maybe (yet to be seen) Polvara. Hayes also at a push (wage depending)

Rest can fk off wherever the fk they like.

HUGE squad overhaul required & wouldn’t be too fussed at some of those mentioned going also. 

Never have I wanted so few players kept in ‘squad’ for following season & that is saying something considering some of the shite we have suffered over the past few decades 

6 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

He could sign the entire St Mirren starting 11, that would be a good start. Probably not that expensive either.

He can spend anything remaining on those that he’s worked with before at st Mirren that are high quality but have lost their way under lesser leadership. 

Why would he do that? St Mirren are shite. Ronan the only player we should be aiming for from them and he’s not even their player 

54 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Keep - McCrorie, Besuijen, Watkins, Barron, Ramsay, Ferguson (appreciate the latter 2 will most likely be sold)

The rest can GTF. Hopeless losers 

Sideshow Bob needs to stop rolling around holding his face or he can get to fuck as well. Would help if he learned how to stop over hitting crosses as well, was fucking useless yesterday 

• Upvote 2

Hopefully Ferguson is sold, Lewis will maybe pick up again if we get a new coach in?  McCrorie is never a midfielder. Watkins is injured all the time.  Barron, Ramsay are worth holding onto if possible.  Besuijen needs to fucking Man/non binary/women up. Mclennan can put the cones out.  Hayes needs played further forward or not at all.

McKenzie needs loaned out.

Our star striker will be off also.

Goodwin has some job on his hands.  He can deffo silver tongue the fans but is he up to it?  The subs and eleven yesterday have me worried.

• Upvote 1