Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I think there is a fair job to sort this team out. Goodwin must be given time to bring his team together and his philosophy through the club.

We cannot go back to the managerial merry go round that almost destroyed our club in the 90’s and 00’s.

I for one have faith in Goodwin and believe he will turn the club around in the summer and following season.

A significant amount of change will come in the summer through departure and arrival and I trust we will pull together a good team. We have some promising youngsters coming through the academy too. 

This has been a hard lesson for Cormack who has been significantly quiet since Goodwin’s arrival. I believe he now knows his place and what his role is as Chairman.

Goodwin has the character and attributes to succeed and I wish him the very best for the summer window and upcoming season.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, super_al said:

According to Goodwin we have identified some very, very good footballers. I wonder if we have any chance of getting them?

Well we can only hope his assessment of ‘very very good’ (can’t help saying that in an Indian accent) footballers, is a lot better than that of Glass ? 

No more SHITE like JET

On 4/10/2022 at 8:33 AM, NEM said:

Sideshow Bob needs to stop rolling around holding his face or he can get to fuck as well. Would help if he learned how to stop over hitting crosses as well, was fucking useless yesterday 

diving aside, it's worth remembering that he's only just turned 21 the other day. He's raw as fuck and is going to be inconsistent, but is a very good player on his game. 

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Goodwin has said he's a big fan of Matty Kennedy, I'm hoping for a level above that though.....

Genuinely forgot about Kennedy. Again. 

Kennedy has a clean slate with Goodwin. It helped that he was pretty much back to fitness when he arrived as well (injured again though?), so will be trying to impress in training etc. Doesn't mean he's suddenly a player, but he didn't get a look in with Glass at all, maybe a falling out, so he's got a fresh start. 

If he learns how to beat a man and put a cross in he'll be alright ?

9 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Genuinely forgot about Kennedy. Again. 

Kennedy has a clean slate with Goodwin. It helped that he was pretty much back to fitness when he arrived as well (injured again though?), so will be trying to impress in training etc. Doesn't mean he's suddenly a player, but he didn't get a look in with Glass at all, maybe a falling out, so he's got a fresh start. 

If he learns how to beat a man and put a cross in he'll be alright ?

Kennedy is 27. Throughout his career he has shown a distinct lack of effectiveness in creating goals.   He's not away to start now.

2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Kennedy is 27. Throughout his career he has shown a distinct lack of effectiveness in creating goals.   He's not away to start now.

Not saying he will, just saying he's got a clean slate and maybe putting in a bit more effort with a manager who seems to like him.  Effort in training goes a VERY long way to getting a game under a lot of managers.