Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I suspect one of the reasons he had second thoughts about coming here was because Glass was the manager. 

That q and a was bad enough, listening to Glass and Gunn.  Imagine listening to that shite when you're thinking about coming and joining the club.

I suspect he might be happy to come up here on loan under Goodwin, can't see Wigan playing him if they get promoted. Shinnie is probably on a shoogly peg as well. If you can't get games in League One it's unlikely you'll get many in the Championship once they get more players in for that level. 

Would be a sneaky one though, getting his Wigan wages whilst playing for Aberdeen on loan after what happened. Maybe he's not as daft as he looks. 

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, slippers said:

Disappointing we are going after him if honest. Cant even get a regular game in League 1. Does worry you if we are going after previous rejects. Can we not source other players that actually want to be here and a marked improvement on what we have! 

Why is he a reject?

Most wouldn't sign for Glass, inept and out if his depth. Goodwin knows McGrath, has worked with him  knows what he brings to a team, clearly got the best out of him resulting in ROI full caps.

Don't understand the mentality of some fans. 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Broken_Glass said:

Why is he a reject?

Most wouldn't sign for Glass, inept and out if his depth. Goodwin knows McGrath, has worked with him  knows what he brings to a team, clearly got the best out of him resulting in ROI full caps.

Why did he agree to sign and play for Glass then? 

20 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Hladky is really not rated by Ipswich fans from what I read, they’re league 1, we can do better

Can we though? If they are a half decent spl/league 1 player they are going to the championship. If they are an average championship player they are still getting a lower gig in the championship or top end of league 1. 

Pie in the sky stuff as usual expecting better. Hedges played 21 times for league 1 Barnsley the season before he joined us. Most of appearances from the bench.... and he was still our best player at one point ??

• Upvote 2
36 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Hladky is really not rated by Ipswich fans from what I read, they’re league 1, we can do better

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/ipswich-town/

Look at the wage bill for Ipswich and tell us we can do better. Hladky allegedly on 4500 a week. ??

Scott Fraser absolutely bang average/shite at United and he is on £7500.......

11 minutes ago, minijc said:

It's laughable now, no matter which player gets suggested or linked to the club we get "we can do better" or "they are pish", players from St Mirren, Livi and Motherwell all classed as pish, guys from league 1 and 2 in England pish, MLS players also pish, the majority of our fans have a weird arrogance when it comes to players, especially guys in Scotland that have proven what they can do.

100%. Half of the shouts are from grown men playing too much fifa/FM.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Can we though? If they are a half decent spl/league 1 player they are going to the championship. If they are an average championship player they are still getting a lower gig in the championship or top end of league 1. 

Pie in the sky stuff as usual expecting better. Hedges played 21 times for league 1 Barnsley the season before he joined us. Most of appearances from the bench.... and he was still our best player at one point ??

It's laughable now, no matter which player gets suggested or linked to the club we get "we can do better" or "they are pish", players from St Mirren, Livi and Motherwell all classed as pish, guys from league 1 and 2 in England pish, MLS players also pish, the majority of our fans have a weird arrogance when it comes to players, especially guys in Scotland that have proven what they can do.

• Upvote 7
24 minutes ago, minijc said:

Why did he agree to sign and play for Glass then? 

Have you never agreed to do something but you just know within yourself deep down that what you've agreed on just doesn't feel right and you are making a mistake? That's what I feel happened with this boy, plus the fact he could earn double the money elsewhere.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Why is he a reject?

Nevertheless we were after him twice and both times he chose to go somewhere else

First time he made the choice to join Hibs. Comically however, they Hibsed it by waiting too long on deadline day and they were about an hour beyond the cut off point by the time he was ready to sign on the dotted line and the SFA refused to sanction it going through.

Then in January we were waiting........and waiting.......and waiting. And he then fucks off to Wigan on deadline day.

Maybe I'm cutting my nose off to spite my face. But I want him nowhere near Pittodrie. Especially as he can't force his way into an EFL1 side, albeit a side that look certs to get promoted. I also realise he has ROI caps.....but ROI right now have their worst team in decades. He's had his chance with us, he can fuck right off now.

• Upvote 4
2 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Have you never agreed to do something but you just know within yourself deep down that what you've agreed on just doesn't feel right and you are making a mistake? That's what I feel happened with this boy, plus the fact he could earn double the money elsewhere.

Of course but I also feel his agent played a huge part in stopping the move despite the player being more than happy to join the club.

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Nevertheless we were after him twice and both times he chose to go somewhere else

First time he made the choice to join Hibs. Comically however, they Hibsed it by waiting too long on deadline day and they were about an hour beyond the cut off point by the time he was ready to sign on the dotted line and the SFA refused to sanction it going through.

Then in January we were waiting........and waiting.......and waiting. And he then fucks off to Wigan on deadline day.

Maybe I'm cutting my nose off to spite my face. But I want him nowhere near Pittodrie. Especially as he can't force his way into an EFL1 side, albeit a side that look certs to get promoted. I also realise he has ROI caps.....but ROI right now have their worst team in decades. He's had his chance with us, he can fuck right off now.

The Hibs move came long after our interest though, it wasn't an Aberdeen or Hibs move at that point, we'd have maybe got them had a player of ours had agreed to go to St Mirren.

11 minutes ago, minijc said:

Fair point though given the amount of pish we've signed previously from these 3 leagues.

The likes of Forrester, Gleeson, Taylor, Zola, Gallagher, Gurr etc spring to mind.