Summer 2022 Transfer Window

10 hours ago, El Pacino said:

I’d like to see Anderson back at Pittodrie. He’s had a fantastic season at Livi. I wouldn’t be adverse to Calum Hendry either.

Van Veen and Cosgrove are non-starters for me.

Hendry was nowhere near the required standard.

Anderson I’d have back - could have done with him to support Ramirez this season. He’s really kicked on at Livingston with regular football  - already proven goal scorer at this level, I reckon there’s further scope improve too!

6 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Hopefully is, what’s he got 3 goals in last 50 odd games. Truly shocking figures 

I agree he's obviously been very poor since he left this league only 15 months ago. However he is still only 25 and has proved he can score goals in this league considering he has the best goals to games ratio of any AFC player since Frank McDougall. He scored 47 goals in a relatively short period for Aberdeen you simply can't do that if you are shite. He was also a nightmare for opposition defenders far more of a handful than the likes of Rooney, May, JET or Ramirez. He has clearly lost form or confidence in the last year or so that's obvious but he's proved he can score goals here hence why it wouldn't be a huge risk to take him on loan for a season if the opportunity arose. We have had some utter dross on loan in recent seasons Cosgrove is at least proven here.

Rooney didn't exactly set the heather alight in League One before we signed him and he didn't do too badly for AFC. McInnes didn't sign Rooney because of what he did down south he signed him mainly for what he produced at ICT in this league a couple of years before we signed him.

16 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

I know because the strikers we've had since Cosgrove left have been so much more effective for us right? Because no player who did well in Scotland then did fuck all when they went down south ever came back up here and re-ignited their career did they? Cosgrove scored 47 goals in 103 games for AFC. Name me the last striker we have had with a better goals to game ratio than that? I think you'll probably need to go back to the 80's for the answer.

I find it amusing people just instantly write off someone who is still only 25 and in over 100 games for AFC has a better goals to game ratio than the striker who is generally regarded as the best one we have had this century (Rooney).

All I've said is if the opportunity to bring him here on loan for 12 months was presented I think it would be a chance worth taking. He is a proven goalscorer in this league regardless of how poor he has been in the 15 months since he left.

His goal return in his last 6 months up here was abysmal, about the same as JET.

Hes scored 3 goals since leaving us. I think he'd scored something like 1 non pen goal for us since Xmas or so as well prior to leaving so like 4 goals in 2 years.

No thanks. I'd take almost literally anyone else but him back.

2 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Good. Hopefully we will look elsewhere 

Think Jim needs to look elsewhere instead of us constantly being mentioned with his ex players at St Mirren.

Or we will end up as their second team,I haven't read of us being interested In one decent player yet.

Maybe they keeping it secret.?

1 hour ago, Torry Tosser said:

Think Jim needs to look elsewhere instead of us constantly being mentioned with his ex players at St Mirren.

For me that's just lazy journalism.

Look at Rodgers at Leicester and Gerrard at Villa, both linked with countless players at their former clubs and none every materialised. 

• Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Look at Rodgers at Leicester and Gerrard at Villa, both linked with countless players at their former clubs and none every materialised. 

I'd be astonished if Aribo doesn't end up at Villa in the summer with his contract about to enter it's final year.

I'd have no problem with Goodwin trying to sign Ronan although if any ECL clubs are interested we'll probably be priced out of it. Dunne I thought was fairly decent at Motherwell, the problem with him isn't his quality.....£200-250k is probably about right....but he just cannot keep himself fit for any great length of time. Hladky was very good at St Mirren, but now  back-up in EFL1, albeit to a younger 'keeper with recent Championship experience just rings alarm bells for me. 

1 hour ago, Granite95 said:

It is very common for a manager to favour certain players from their previous position and want to bring them over. You'd like to think its because they rate them having worked with them for so long. Of course, then you get people like McInnes who bought Ash Taylor THREE times in his career, Dom Ball twice and Greg Stewart twice...so that doesn't actually mean anything either. 

10 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Hearts I’d imagine as Soutar is departing 

Probably correct although he's from the wrong side of the divide for the more devoutly hunnish section of their support.

If he's available we certainly at least need to make him an offer

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

I agree he's obviously been very poor since he left this league only 15 months ago. However he is still only 25 and has proved he can score goals in this league considering he has the best goals to games ratio of any AFC player since Frank McDougall. He scored 47 goals in a relatively short period for Aberdeen you simply can't do that if you are shite. He was also a nightmare for opposition defenders far more of a handful than the likes of Rooney, May, JET or Ramirez. He has clearly lost form or confidence in the last year or so that's obvious but he's proved he can score goals here hence why it wouldn't be a huge risk to take him on loan for a season if the opportunity arose. We have had some utter dross on loan in recent seasons Cosgrove is at least proven here.

Rooney didn't exactly set the heather alight in League One before we signed him and he didn't do too badly for AFC. McInnes didn't sign Rooney because of what he did down south he signed him mainly for what he produced at ICT in this league a couple of years before we signed him.

He's a freak of nature. He makes absolutely no sense. He's 25 but apart from 18 months he has looked absolutely terrible his entire career, complete donkey. Then hit that 18 months where he was just absolutely banging them in like fuck. There were several games during that 18 month spell where he couldn't control the ball at all.

I will never understand Sam Cosgrove.

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

It is very common for a manager to favour certain players from their previous position and want to bring them over. You'd like to think its because they rate them having worked with them for so long. Of course, then you get people like McInnes who bought Ash Taylor THREE times in his career, Dom Ball twice and Greg Stewart twice...so that doesn't actually mean anything either. 

Could probably be argued Taylor did well 3 times.

Dom Ball... does it really count if you are just brought back on loan the following season?

Greg Stewart was very odd. Terrible for us on the wing... but we had Christie in the 10. Then Christie leaves and we start the following season struggling while Stewart is immense in the 10 for Killie.... bring him back and play him wide again. Face palm.

McInnes' finest was probably signing Greg Leigh about 90 times

42 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Dom Ball... does it really count if you are just brought back on loan the following season?

Greg Stewart was very odd. Terrible for us on the wing... but we had Christie in the 10. Then Christie leaves and we start the following season struggling while Stewart is immense in the 10 for Killie.... bring him back and play him wide again. Face palm.

Could it?

44 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

A always injured Greg Leigh! Like Devlin a known treatment table veteran 

11 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

No he wasn't. 

Yes he was. When Cosgrove wasn't scoring and not getting much service he contributed far more to the team than the likes of Rooney and Ramirez who when they didn't get service we often looked like we were playing with a man down. He at least roughed up defenders, won plenty in the air and wasn't too bad at holding it up and linking the play (he was much better at that than Rooney or Ramirez). I remember him completely bullying Christophe Berra in a game at Pittodrie at the end of the 2018/19 season. We won 2-0 he didn't score that night but Berra didn't win one duel against him you could tell he hated playing against him. Whereas Berra was able to relatively easily control the likes of Rooney when McGinn and Hayes weren't supplying him much service.

• Upvote 2
12 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

His goal return in his last 6 months up here was abysmal, about the same as JET.

Hes scored 3 goals since leaving us. I think he'd scored something like 1 non pen goal for us since Xmas or so as well prior to leaving so like 4 goals in 2 years.

No thanks. I'd take almost literally anyone else but him back.

He was injured for a fair bit of the last 6 months he was here maybe you just forgot that. From memory he had issues with his back he certainly wasn't fully fit. And as I previously said at that point in time his head was clearly no longer in it he wanted away in summer 2020 and his performances suffered when it didn't happen. Want away player in performance downturn shocker because that never happens right? 

You keep concentrating on what he hasn't done in the last 15 months since he left but what about what he did do when he was here? It's very obvious you don't rate him at all and you clearly think he's crap but if that is truly what you think then I'd like you to explain to me how on earth it is possible that someone as crap Cosgrove managed to score 40+ goals in around 18 months in Scotland's top league? How the fuck did Cosgrove manage the best goals to game ratio of any Aberdeen FC player since Frank McDougall if he was completely talentless / shite especially when he got that ratio in over 100 games for the club? And especially when he mostly played on his own up front in a team generally set up quite negatively. His ratio is better than much bigger name strikers who played for the club in far more attack minded teams.

I'll wait for your explanation of how such a shite player (playing over 100 games for the club) managed to attain the best goals to game ratio of any Aberdeen FC player in the last 35+ years ?

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

He was injured for a fair bit of the last 6 months he was here maybe you just forgot that. From memory he had issues with his back he certainly wasn't fully fit. And as I previously said at that point in time his head was clearly no longer in it he wanted away in summer 2020 and his performances suffered when it didn't happen. Want away player in performance downturn shocker because that never happens right? 

You keep concentrating on what he hasn't done in the last 15 months since he left but what about what he did do when he was here? It's very obvious you don't rate him at all and you clearly think he's crap but if that is truly what you think then I'd like you to explain to me how on earth it is possible that someone as crap Cosgrove managed to score 40+ goals in around 18 months in Scotland's top league? How the fuck did Cosgrove manage the best goals to game ratio of any Aberdeen FC player since Frank McDougall if he was completely talentless / shite especially when he got that ratio in over 100 games for the club? And especially when he mostly played on his own up front in a team generally set up quite negatively. His ratio is better than much bigger name strikers who played for the club in far more attack minded teams.

I'll wait for your explanation of how such a shite player (playing over 100 games for the club) managed to attain the best goals to game ratio of any Aberdeen FC player in the last 35+ years ?

Sam, shut up.

• Haha 5
23 minutes ago, Bomber said:

but to look at a strikers true value you should always discount penaltys ya beezer.

26 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Discounting penalties when they are part of the game. May as well disallow headers and deflections too then ya beezer. 

Never heard that ‘insult’ before and then up it pops twice in 3 minutes.

Strange. ?

• Upvote 4