Summer 2022 Transfer Window

9 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

It's a new management team. It's a team that has quite clearly identified the slackers, the shirkers and the downright lazy bastards in our squad.

The director of football role has now been in place for a while and if rumours are to be believed then players have been identified from different leagues than our standard shopping market of the English lower leagues. Vinnie is starting to show his talent and abilities, hopefully we can unearth another two or three of that ilk and add a couple of experienced no compromising hard bastards to the squad. Budget I suspect will be more than capable of adding some decent players, especially considering the players who have already left. That will free up a good chunk of the wage bill.

I'm confident of a decent window and hopefully some surprise signings or even a couple of signings where the usual suspects don't come out with "he's shite" "not good enough" before they even kick a ball for us.

Can't wait for this season to be over and the shopping to commence. I like a good pre season transfer window.....

Agree. Also do wonder what the fuck is going on when Goodwin can tell the club within 2 days who’s going. 

2 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Money talks and we can still offer third highest wages. Shouldn’t be any more difficult than usual. 

You sure? 

We're on a minimum £3m for Europe. £2m from FOH. Likely percentage of Hickey sale. And sell more STs than you. And you've got a stadium to fund. 

Not giving it large, just facts and not sure you'll be offering bigger wages than Hearts. 

1 minute ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

You sure? 

We're on a minimum £3m for Europe. £2m from FOH. Likely percentage of Hickey sale. And sell more STs than you. And you've got a stadium to fund. 

Not giving it large, just facts and not sure you'll be offering bigger wages than Hearts. 

Had a way bigger budget that you this season. Millions more. Next season who knows if club will try and reduce or speculate? Obviously Hearts budget will Increase. 

26 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Can't wait for this season to be over and the shopping to commence. I like a good pre season transfer window.....

Thats the crux of it though, we NEED a good pre season transfer window - especially when loosing so many players

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Watch as they declare every signing to be a brilliant one. 

Followed 3 months later by a list of players we need to get rid of which features many of the aforementioned brilliant players. 

...over and over and over ?

10 minutes ago, slippers said:

Had a way bigger budget that you this season. Millions more. Next season who knows if club will try and reduce or speculate? Obviously Hearts budget will Increase. 

I'm fairly certain certain both Hearts and Hibs can pretty much match any deal we can offer a player now.

And as Skins says, they are making a minimum of £3m from guaranteed group stage EL football (with 3 likely sell-out crowds on top), and Hickey looks likely to be sold for a massive fee netting them a decent percentage. Their FOH initiative dwarfs our AberDNA and we do have the new ground to fund at some point.

I'd even suspect United could probably on an individual case offer at least as good a contract to a player that they really wanted.

24 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

You sure? 

Aberdeen had a higher turnover than Hearts and Hibs pre pandemic due to corporate, not sure if that has gone back to normal now but assume so.

6 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Hearts will blow us out of the water with thier funds next season, 

Think we will still be ahead of them fund wise due to player sales however I doubt it will all be invested. It’s absolutely sickening that we lost the McKenna, Cosgrove cash to covid and now we are about to lose the Ferguson and Ramsay money to us being an absolute joke outfit. Easily lost out on 5m this season. Probably more! 

11 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Hearts will blow us out of the water with thier funds next season, 

Dk like, Ferguson and Ramsay could go for close to 10,000,000 all in. 

They don't have assets that people would pay as much money for. The hard bit is convincing people to pick here over them, but an extra thousand or so every week probs helps.

Surely bringing in some good/exciting signings will hopefully boost st sales.

Fans need to buy into it & if they see us making signings which "turns heads" then we might sell more.

We live in hope & anticipation that we can attract top players for next season & hit the ground running.

10 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

We aren't in Europe and are a bottom six team. Could be a difficult summer trying to attract decent players.

We'll see.

We aren't in Europe for the coming season, but we're only bottom 6 for 3 more games of this disastrous season. I hardly think players will look at us as a bottom 6 club and we won't promote ourselves as that. The no Europe is a bit shit however.

It will go down as, "Sign a 2-3 year deal and you'll get European football in 1 year"

3 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

You sure? 

Yeah I’m sure, numbers quoted would merely cover your losses last year, never mind previous. The Hearts squad would have been down with Aberdeen and Hibs bar Craig Gordon. He’s POTS for a reason.  Tbf I like Kingsley and Halkett too but after that there’s no many you’d write home about. McKay on a purple patch maybe.
I would be very surprised if Hearts are third  next season. 

18 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Yeah I’m sure, numbers quoted would merely cover your losses last year, never mind previous. The Hearts squad would have been down with Aberdeen and Hibs bar Craig Gordon. He’s POTS for a reason.  Tbf I like Kingsley and Halkett too but after that there’s no many you’d write home about. McKay on a purple patch maybe.

This.

Hearts own financial report indicated this year would see the impact. They didn't cut back at all while in the league below and came back up this year with the 4th biggest budget in the league.

Even for last year they had 3 million plus put in by shareholders for a start that would have otherwise been a loss!

33 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Without Gordon Hearts would absolutely be mid-table. Possibly bottom 6. He's a great keeper. Did we not pass on signing him when he first came back from that 2-3 year injury he had before he went to Celtic? Or am I making that up?

Kingsley would easily get a game for us. Not convinced on Halkett, but no doubt he's a better defender than the nuggets we have just now.

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Dom Ball and Lee Wallace released by QPR. 

The previous regime would have been snapping them up. 

I actually thought Dom Ball was a useful enough player as a holding midfielder when he was here before. Wouldn't sign him now though.

Have a hunch that big Andy will sign a one year contract,  with some minor coaching responsibilities with under 18's, prior to final match of season. 

He will then start against St Mirren and play a stormer.

Age wise he will not play too many games next season but will, hopefully,  be around to give benefit of Dons experience. 

Whatever the case as long as Bates is ditched and a more reliable defender is brought in next season will, surely,  be a more positive one. 

6 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Have a hunch that big Andy will sign a one year contract,  with some minor coaching responsibilities with under 18's, prior to final match of season. 

He will then start against St Mirren and play a stormer.

Age wise he will not play too many games next season but will, hopefully,  be around to give benefit of Dons experience. 

Whatever the case as long as Bates is ditched and a more reliable defender is brought in next season will, surely,  be a more positive one. 

I think you might be right. A compromise will be had.

And, fuck taking condescending financial shit from Hearts fans. Fucking basket case of a club who will fall just as quickly as they have “risen”. I look forward to a rejuvenated Dons kicking their jam asses next season

• Upvote 1