Summer 2022 Transfer Window

30 minutes ago, Bomber said:

Only once in the last 10 years has the team finishing 3rd had less points than Hearts have this year and that was the Covid shortened season.

Even the 4th place sides have finished with more points a couple of times in that period also with 67 points

They will probably finish 3rd again next season because we have too big a rebuild to do, Hibs are usually a mess, and Ross County are bound to lose a couple of their better players.

However if Gordon picks up an injury or decides to retire then Hearts are fucked. 

7 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

They will probably finish 3rd again next season because we have too big a rebuild to do, Hibs are usually a mess, and Ross County are bound to lose a couple of their better players.

However if Gordon picks up an injury or decides to retire then Hearts are fucked. 

Why would Gordon decide to retire?

He’s 100% fit & just won Player of the a year. 

The thing that’s going to knacker Hearts (literally) is the constant Thursday/Sunday routine, & also, surely to fuck Hibs, Aberdeen can’t be as woeful next season?

Considering how shite the league has been Hearts points total isn’t that great. 

5 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Might have a couple of silky Italians on loan to help us on our way next season: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/aberdeen-strengthen-close-ties-with-italian-giants-and-could-aid-recruitment-3684426

Interesting that they approached us, according to the article.  If we do get any loanees coming from them, hopefully they're more Max Lowe and less Matty Longstaff.

Thats cool.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Might have a couple of silky Italians on loan to help us on our way next season: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/aberdeen-strengthen-close-ties-with-italian-giants-and-could-aid-recruitment-3684426

Interesting that they approached us, according to the article.  If we do get any loanees coming from them, hopefully they're more Max Lowe and less Matty Longstaff.

Did Killie not take a few players on loan from Juve when Alessio was appointed manager and they turned out to be proper duds? 

It's good to see the club really broadening their horizons with recruitment and hopefully we see some movement with the season only 1 week from finishing. 

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

He signed a new contract in December taking him up to summer 2024. He's not retiring anytime soon. A long term injury would be quite funny though.

However I totally agree our rebuild is of such a size that we won't be challenging for 3rd next season. Everyone else is so shit that 4th should be doable but I'd just about accept 5th as a sign of progress

9 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

I think you might be right. A compromise will be had.

And, fuck taking condescending financial shit from Hearts fans. Fucking basket case of a club who will fall just as quickly as they have “risen”. I look forward to a rejuvenated Dons kicking their jam asses next season

Nah, I’ve been told he’s already agreed a deal with Cove for next season. 

4 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

I'll meet you half way. We've still got a bit building to do. But Beningime and if we get Simms back for another year, can you name a better CMF or CF outside Glasgow? And McKay has been consistent all year. 

We'll add 2 or 3 players of real quality and a few to build the numbers. 

But who is gonna make up the gap and overtake us? We romped 3rd and will have a significant budget. Plus appeal with Europe and cup finals to crow about. 

I don't think we're world beaters. But just don't see anyone else in Scotland taking 3rd from us. Our two biggest threats didn't even finish in the top half of the league. 

Don’t be naive, in our worst season we will still stay up. Hearts been relegated twice now in last 10 years. We won’t be that bad next season and it’ll be very difficult for Craig Gordon to be as good again. 
Sims is good but not your player so irrelevant really. 

11 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He signed a new contract in December taking him up to summer 2024. He's not retiring anytime soon. A long term injury would be quite funny though.

However I totally agree our rebuild is of such a size that we won't be challenging for 3rd next season. Everyone else is so shit that 4th should be doable but I'd just about accept 5th as a sign of progress

I wasn’t meaning I think he will retire, just pointing out that if Gordon wasn’t playing for Hearts for whatever reason they’d probably be a good 10-15 points worse off I reckon

18 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

I'll meet you half way. We've still got a bit building to do. But Beningime and if we get Simms back for another year, can you name a better CMF or CF outside Glasgow? And McKay has been consistent all year. 

We'll add 2 or 3 players of real quality and a few to build the numbers. 

But who is gonna make up the gap and overtake us? We romped 3rd and will have a significant budget. Plus appeal with Europe and cup finals to crow about. 

I don't think we're world beaters. But just don't see anyone else in Scotland taking 3rd from us. Our two biggest threats didn't even finish in the top half of the league. 

How many times have Hearts finished in the top 3 in back to back seasons in the last 50 years?

just doesn’t happen. Not a chance you are 3rd next season so just enjoy your summer 

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, slippers said:

Wouldn’t like to think he was our no1 pick in that position. If our first 1 or 2 options have rejected us maybe. 

better off giving Kennedy a fresh start compared to subsidising him to be elsewhere and bringing in Forrest

15 hours ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Allan Preston on open all mikes said we are are talking to Forrest from livi as are Hearts and a couple of other clubs 

To those complaining about this I'm afraid this is what happens when we are a lowly 10th. I can't see us making exciting signings this summer. I hope I'm wrong obviously but I fear the likes of Forrest from Livi is the type of signing we will be making

32 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

To those complaining about this I'm afraid this is what happens when we are a lowly 10th. I can't see us making exciting signings this summer. I hope I'm wrong obviously but I fear the likes of Forrest from Livi is the type of signing we will be making

It’s not the 10th place that would be the concern for potential signings! It’s how shite we are under our new manager that would be more of a worry! Watching us right now thinking should I sign for Aberdeen?

We still have pull over majority of other teams in division even in 10th position but if you are a potential new signing I’d guess you would like to see signs of the new manager turning it around a little?