Summer 2022 Transfer Window

In case some folk haven't noticed there's a complete rout of the squad going to happen this summer between contracts ending, sales and useless cunts being told to get to fuck. 

There's no way we'll be able to replace them all in one window with permanent signings that are good enough. 

Therefore I think we need to accept that we'll be using the loan market a fair bit in the short term.

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

In case some folk haven't noticed there's a complete rout of the squad going to happen this summer between contracts ending, sales and useless cunts being told to get to fuck. 

There's no way we'll be able to replace them all in one window with permanent signings that are good enough. 

Therefore I think we need to accept that we'll be using the loan market a fair bit in the short term.

Which is fine if the loan players are of required standard. Will juventus loan us decent players? Or will it just be the shite know one else wants? Absolutely zero point of taking shite players in and depriving our own youth of a place on bench.  

6 minutes ago, slippers said:

Which is fine if the loan players are of required standard. Will juventus loan us decent players? Or will it just be the shite know one else wants? Absolutely zero point of taking shite players in and depriving our own youth of a place on bench.  

I'd rather sign 5 good players on permanent deals in one window than 10 shite ones otherwise you're just kicking the can down the road again. 

I'm most looking forward to a group of our own youngsters making the step up to the first team squad.  I think that's exactly what the club needs to get everyone on board again. 

But a proper rebuild will take some time and we'll have to show some patience. I don't mind the odd loan if it is to fill a first team slot temporarily. I fucking hate bringing players in on loan to fill the bench. 

But patience is not something we're particularly good at. 

• Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

As a bottom 6 club can we really be turning down the opportunity to loan better players? Not as if loaning their cast offs will stifle our title challenge. 

Gads fuck that, would rather get relegated

47 minutes ago, slippers said:

It’s not the 10th place that would be the concern for potential signings! It’s how shite we are under our new manager that would be more of a worry! Watching us right now thinking should I sign for Aberdeen?

We still have pull over majority of other teams in division even in 10th position but if you are a potential new signing I’d guess you would like to see signs of the new manager turning it around a little? 

We have a manager who has inherited somebody else’s squad.  A large number who  have already been told their services are no longer required and have downed tools.   I’m hearing your concerns but I’m not   judging Goodwin until he has the majority of his own players in.  

Also, if you think we have pull over the majority of other teams in the league at the moment then your are deluded.  Our “recruitment team”  have struggled in the past when we have been 3rd to get the players in we have wanted. .  
A few on here have derided the fact that we were taking to the boy Forrest.  Regardless of how shite folk may think he is, there’s a very strong chance he will sign for Hearts.  I’m praying that by casting our net a bit further that we can unearth a few gems from foreign markets. 

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, minijc said:

Disagree, Forrest is a better player than Kennedy.

Shouldn't be the benchmark though. He's better than a player with a back no better than Quasimodo and even outwith that he's not that good. Being better than him shouldn't be the benchmark. Forrest for me is a decent player and i'd be happy enough if he came but the winger positions need so much strengthening i'd also hope for someone who is technically better than him. We need to build an entirely new squad. I wouldn't be breaking the bank for Forrest. Give him a wage in line with a squad player and if he gets offered more from the Gorgie Huns then cheery-bye. 

14 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

We have a manager who has inherited somebody else’s squad.  A large number who  have already been told their services are no longer required and have downed tools.   I’m hearing your concerns but I’m not   judging Goodwin until he has the majority of his own players in.  

Also, if you think we have pull over the majority of other teams in the league at the moment then your are deluded.  Our “recruitment team”  have struggled in the past when we have been 3rd to get the players in we have wanted. .  
A few on here have derided the fact that we were taking to the boy Forrest.  Regardless of how shite folk may think he is, there’s a very strong chance he will sign for Hearts.  I’m praying that by casting our net a bit further that we can unearth a few gems from foreign markets. 

In fairness our recruitment team at that time looked at England and England only. Had we have had Mowbray etc when McInnes was in charge we could maybe have found a few Vicente's rather than the Forrester's and Gleeson's. But that's also on McInnes. He never showed any signs of looking outwith England. I can only remember Arnason and Hernandez (who we all know was a Cormack vanity project)

11 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Shouldn't be the benchmark though. He's better than a player with a back no better than Quasimodo and even outwith that he's not that good. Being better than him shouldn't be the benchmark. Forrest for me is a decent player and i'd be happy enough if he came but the winger positions need so much strengthening i'd also hope for someone who is technically better than him. We need to build an entirely new squad. I wouldn't be breaking the bank for Forrest. Give him a wage in line with a squad player and if he gets offered more from the Gorgie Huns then cheery-bye. 

I never said it was the benchmark, I'm using the two as a comparison because Tord would rather give Kennedy a fresh chance, I would rather we signed a better player, which Forrest is and go from there, he works hard and has some decent ability, we could do far worse.

34 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Depends on the type of players, if its young up and coming players looking fo a stepping stone I do believe we probably have an advantage over everyone bar Celtic and Rangers purely because we are now showing a path way. Alot of our targets will be in this mould so I do believe we have an advantage over the majority. In any case the only person deluded here is you of you dont think we have a bigger pull over at least 6 of the other 11 teams in the league. Only teams that would beat us to a signing if we went all out for them is Celtic and Ranger and maybe Hearts. You won't convince me any other team would beat us to a signing if we were all in for them.

24 minutes ago, minijc said:

I never said it was the benchmark, I'm using the two as a comparison because Tord would rather give Kennedy a fresh chance, I would rather we signed a better player, which Forrest is and go from there, he works hard and has some decent ability, we could do far worse.

Kennedy needs to be shown the door along with the rest of the squad bar 5. 

I do think he's a decent player but like i said I wouldn't want us breaking the bank for him. I'm sure we could source a player from outwith the UK that could do as good a job if not better. The problem with continually looking within the UK just pushes the price uo for bang average players. It's the next Ferguson we want from here. Need to bring players here from clubs in Scotland before they are regulars at their current clubs. 

17 minutes ago, slippers said:

Depends on the type of players, if its young up and coming players looking fo a stepping stone I do believe we probably have an advantage over everyone bar Celtic and Rangers purely because we are now showing a path way. Alot of our targets will be in this mould so I do believe we have an advantage over the majority. In any case the only person deluded here is you of you dont think we have a bigger pull over at least 6 of the other 11 teams in the league. Only teams that would beat us to a signing if we went all out for them is Celtic and Ranger and maybe Hearts. You won't convince me any other team would beat us to a signing if we were all in for them.

You don’t win anything with kids 

7 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Kennedy needs to be shown the door along with the rest of the squad bar 5. 

I do think he's a decent player but like i said I wouldn't want us breaking the bank for him. I'm sure we could source a player from outwith the UK that could do as good a job if not better. The problem with continually looking within the UK just pushes the price uo for bang average players. It's the next Ferguson we want from here. Need to bring players here from clubs in Scotland before they are regulars at their current clubs. 

He's out of contract.

2 minutes ago, starryfish said:

You don’t win anything with kids 

And we've won fuck all with experience in recent times.

My concern with the new recruitment model is we go down the line of Hearts 3-4 years ago, filling their team with journeymen European players who couldn’t come to terms with playing in the Scottish top flight. They have a new recruitment head who has signed lots of UK based players which I think is sensible, if we are to sign non UK players I’d hope they’d be in the minority of signings we make.

I think Saturday spelt the end for Ramirez but with only Watkins (who was never amazing but has been dire on his return) to choose from we are stuck until we get someone in, That said proven goal scorers are expensive or a gamble and we have a poor history of unearthing good centre forwards, I think instead of cash we should look to swapping Ferguson and Ramsey for a striker especially if they go to Italy or somewhere as we are likely to repeat the past and get in a dud or two that cant cut it 

36 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm happy to be patient if we have a young team. 

But if you bring in a heap of 30 plus players like Glass did then you can't expect anything other than folk expecting short term success. 

At least Goodwin has recognised that the squad was far too old. 

Fair enough but would still want some experience in the team alongside the youngsters. 

Willie Miller binned quite a lot of the experienced players when he took over and that ultimately nearly ended up in relegation. 

I do agree that we should go forward with hungry youngsters but we also need a couple of reliable,  experienced players too (not Bates, Lewis or the like though).

Next season could be very interesting.....

16 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Fair enough but would still want some experience in the team alongside the youngsters. 

Willie Miller binned quite a lot of the experienced players when he took over and that ultimately nearly ended up in relegation. 

I do agree that we should go forward with hungry youngsters but we also need a couple of reliable,  experienced players too (not Bates, Lewis or the like though).

Next season could be very interesting.....

We've already got some experienced players in the squad who are still contracted for next season. 

Hayes, Gallagher, Ramirez, Watkins, Lewis. 

Whether they are of the right character is another discussion. 

We need players 24 and under ideally. 

Guest milne_afc

I hope Jimbo G-win is watching Wrexham v Stockport today. There’s a few players on show who’d massively improve the Dons.