Summer 2022 Transfer Window

32 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Voted the Player of the Year was he not? It seems a strange one considering we seem happy enough to run with Bates and Gallagher at least for now. 

I think this must have come from Turner if he's been made aware of other interest. He seems to fit the 'prawcess' profile perfectly so would be surprised if we've not wanted to keep him.  

2 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Doesn't let me read that without signing up, marketing grab bastards.

Fair enough if true. Does an offer mean we are guaranteed a development fee? Does a flat out refusal mean he's free to go and no fee is required? 

I have no idea re contract's but seems strange that development fee's are only due if a contract offer is made despite the club having spent years coaching, training, developing the player, physio work etc....

Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, Broken_Glass said:

Does an offer mean we are guaranteed a development fee?

I think so but the offer has to be made 6 months(?) before the current contract expires, so out of Godwin’s hands.

6 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Doesn't let me read that without signing up, marketing grab bastards.

Fair enough if true. Does an offer mean we are guaranteed a development fee? Does a flat out refusal mean he's free to go and no fee is required? 

I have no idea re contract's but seems strange that development fee's are only due if a contract offer is made despite the club having spent years coaching, training, developing the player, physio work etc....

Aye says we won't be offering deals to him Ruth and Mykata. 

As long as the offer at least matches his current terms we would then be due compensation ie teams can't just offer a player a shite contract to say they've offered them one to get the compensation. Maybe he was on a higher wage than the other youngsters and they aren't willing to offer him/match it for the sake of a small fee. He's only been here a couple years so we wouldn't be due too much.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

To be fair it does say to go in Forest u23 squad not their first team. 

Yeah I saw that article and immediately thought about Goodwins "we need players with the right attitude"  statement, considering how short we are in defence and this kid can obviously play perhaps he doesn't fit the mould, But if he goes on to be a solid player for anther team questions will be asked especially after the Considine saga, Surely to fuck a young lad with talent can be made to fit 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

JG pretty much said we’re talking to 6 players just now “& will be added to if players are sold”.

Doesn’t sound like Lewis (or even Ramirez) are leaving either.

Since Ramirez’s wife doesn’t appear enamoured with life in Aberdeen, I doubt very much that he will be back.

I’ll be shocked if Ferguson isn’t sold.

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

JG pretty much said we’re talking to 6 players just now “& will be added to if players are sold”.

Doesn’t sound like Lewis (or even Ramirez) are leaving either.

They're both under contract. He can hardly say in public that he thinks they are shit and he wants rid. 

He said Jet was away getting fit before binning him a couple of weeks later. 

Spoke to a taxi driver in Preston today I was attending a work event down there. He told me he is the father of Elliott Watt who plays for Bradford City and is a Scotland U21 international. Apparently we are interested in him he is due to speak with us next week. He also said Bradford want to keep him and a couple of other teams are interested. I'd never heard of the boy I had to google him he's a 22 year old central midfielder. Could be shite who knows but he rhymed off several of our current players without me saying anything to him other than I was a Dons fan. Unfortunately his dad did confirm the Scottish side of his family are all rabid huns who actually live in Govan.

11 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Spoke to a taxi driver in Preston today I was attending a work event down there. He told me he is the father of Elliott Watt who plays for Bradford City and is a Scotland U21 international. Apparently we are interested in him he is due to speak with us next week. He also said Bradford want to keep him and a couple of other teams are interested. I'd never heard of the boy I had to google him he's a 22 year old central midfielder. Could be shite who knows but he rhymed off several of our current players without me saying anything to him other than I was a Dons fan.

shares my birthday , get him signed  

44 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Spoke to a taxi driver in Preston today I was attending a work event down there. He told me he is the father of Elliott Watt who plays for Bradford City and is a Scotland U21 international. Apparently we are interested in him he is due to speak with us next week. He also said Bradford want to keep him and a couple of other teams are interested. I'd never heard of the boy I had to google him he's a 22 year old central midfielder. Could be shite who knows but he rhymed off several of our current players without me saying anything to him other than I was a Dons fan. Unfortunately his dad did confirm the Scottish side of his family are all rabid huns who actually live in Govan.

Being a taxi, you probably should have told him where you were heading as well.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
54 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Goodwin confirming a goalie is incoming this summer 

Presumably we'll be aiming to take in a goalie as number 1 (Hladky? Siegrist? Etc), try to loan/sell Woods as it'll be the easier deal to do, and then worry about big Joe further down the line.

No way we would aim to keep him longer than required if he is demoted to the bench

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Presumably we'll be aiming to take in a goalie as number 1 (Hladky? Siegrist? Etc), try to loan/sell Woods as it'll be the easier deal to do, and then worry about big Joe further down the line.

No way we would aim to keep him longer than required if he is demoted to the bench

Would depend on Goodwin, he’s told all the out of contract players to piss off so he may well have told Lewis he won’t be number 1 and is free to find a new club and Lewis may well have found one

20 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Who's buying Woods? Boys absolutely shite

Guest milne_afc
1 hour ago, Shinniesta said:

Unfortunately his dad did confirm the Scottish side of his family are all rabid huns who actually live in Govan.

It’s a hard no from me.

27 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Would depend on Goodwin, he’s told all the out of contract players to piss off so he may well have told Lewis he won’t be number 1 and is free to find a new club and Lewis may well have found one

Maybe that’s why Joe has been showing shades of peak Joe Lewis last two weeks. Making a point/ putting himself in the market.

• Upvote 1