Summer 2022 Transfer Window

To increase the budget by £2m and end up with the disgrace of a squad we’ve had this season is quite an achievement.

Had our recruitment in summer not been so unbelievably pish and we’d ended the season up in 3rd/4th I doubt anybody would be batting an eyelid at the increased budget this season.

I do think banking on selling a player for £2m+ most seasons is a big risk for us though.

1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

To increase the budget by £2m and end up with the disgrace of a squad we’ve had this season is quite an achievement.

Had our recruitment in summer not been so unbelievably pish and we’d ended the season up in 3rd/4th I doubt anybody would be batting an eyelid at the increased budget this season.

I do think banking on selling a player for £2m+ most seasons is a big risk for us though.

Correct non sycophantic answer 

I wish these diddys at our club would get some fucking pre contract agreements announced as pound to a penny it'll all be out of contract players in june were talking to. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He is an idiot. 

The other quote isn't mine. 

I'd say your reaction to DelMonte the other day re Ramirez is a better definition of flying off the handle 

I'm not specifically on about you but you seem to get yourself in a knot at the slightest thing and usually end up being wrong like with the oldest squad in the league, raging at us signing old players then raging even more when linked with 25 year olds.

• Like 1
Just now, minijc said:

I'm not specifically on about you but you seem to get yourself in a knot at the slightest thing and usually end up being wrong like with the oldest squad in the league, raging at us signing old players then raging even more when linked with 25 year olds.

We did have an old squad first half of the season.   

Goodwin has also criticised the age of the squad. 

I don't think you understand the difference between criticism and raging. People can be perfectly calm but still be highly critical 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We did have an old squad first half of the season.   

Goodwin has also criticised the age of the squad. 

I don't think you understand the difference between criticism and raging. People can be perfectly calm but still be highly critical 

Goodwin wasn't the one claiming it was the oldest in the league when there were 4 or 5 other teams with older squads.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, minijc said:

Goodwin wasn't the one claiming it was the oldest in the league when there were 4 or 5 other teams with older squads.

There were actually two. 

And that was after McGinn left. 

But let's not let the truth get in the way of this little branch that you seem to be hanging onto. 

I said the squad was too old and you said it was a young squad with a 'smattering' of older players which was complete pish 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

There were actually two. 

And that was after McGinn left. 

But let's not let the truth get in the way of this little branch that you seem to be hanging onto. 

I said the squad was too old and you said it was a young squad with a 'smattering' of older players which was complete pish 

There were more than two, after I pointed it out you tried to shift the goalposts.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, minijc said:

Still proves you get bent out of shape at the slightest thing, even when you are wrong.

Doesn't prove that at all. 

If anything it proves that you are happy to hang on to minor points of detail as justification that everything you say is correct whilst ignoring the main thrust of the debate. 

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

I dont think it is personally if the club is run properly. Its not out the realms of possibility that this summers sales could cover the next 3 or 4 seasons. And thats not to say the players that are sold this summer dont activate clauses again and net the club more money in that 3/4 year period. That at least takes a bit of pressure off. Its about time the club started to speculate a little bit, you have to remember if we start to regularly qualify for European group stages it drastically changes our budget.

9 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Tom Rogic leaving Celtic - worth a look?

Maybe if we had kept broony! But the scattergun approach from the white bearded goodywin will have fucked that possibility. Thinking about it Goodwin should have kept broon until the summer. 

25 minutes ago, slippers said:

I dont think it is personally if the club is run properly. Its not out the realms of possibility that this summers sales could cover the next 3 or 4 seasons. And thats not to say the players that are sold this summer dont activate clauses again and net the club more money in that 3/4 year period. That at least takes a bit of pressure off. Its about time the club started to speculate a little bit, you have to remember if we start to regularly qualify for European group stages it drastically changes our budget.

We've speculated this season and finished the furthest away from the possibility of European group stage football as we have for a decade or so. The footballing side of the club hasn't been run well at all under Cormack, so that should be a big cause for concern when the plan is to sell players for millions of pounds most seasons. That's not going to happen all the time if we are continually underperforming

39 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Tom Rogic leaving Celtic - worth a look?

Not a hope , and do you think he is the. Right n type of. Midfielder for us at the moment 

polvara appears to have the potential but it’s about balance do you think the paring of mcrorie and bannon would be strong enough to dominate that area 

bring back shinnie if that was an option 

Just now, Redtaz2 said:

Not a hope , and do you think he is the. Right n type of. Midfielder for us at the moment 

polvara appears to have the potential but it’s about balance do you think the paring of mcrorie and bannon would be strong enough to dominate that area 

Eamon Bannon? 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

Rogic is exactly the type of midfielder we need... someone who can run with the ball, create and score, link the midfield and the attack. He's a million miles out of our league at the moment though.

McCrorie should be played at RB next season. Barron is more than capable of holding down one of the midfield starting slots. Jury is still out on Polvara - looks decent technically and is a tidy player, but yet to see anything from him that suggests he can really impact a game. Early days yet for him though. 

For the starting line up we need a creative attacking midfielder and an experienced tough tackling midfielder who can also play a bit to go alongside Barron. I was against the idea before, but I think I've changed my mind - bring Shinnie back into the midfield and make him captain again.