Summer 2022 Transfer Window

9 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

I hope this isn't the case however I wouldn't be surprised if Goodwin made a move for Gogic. Out of contract next month.

I liked him at Hamilton, limited ability but is a true hard-man and every squad needs one of those. Something we have lacked for a while.

If he was relatively cheap contract wise I wouldn't be too averse to signing him but there are far more pressing needs that need addressed first

14 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I liked him at Hamilton, limited ability but is a true hard-man and every squad needs one of those. Something we have lacked for a while.

If he was relatively cheap contract wise I wouldn't be too averse to signing him but there are far more pressing needs that need addressed first

He’s a lumbersome oaf. 
he’s nae a hard bastard either. He picks up yellow cards galore cause he’s slow and shite.

No way we’d be interested in signing dung like that.

11 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

A player like gogic?! We have plenty of shite players, who are slow and can’t  pass a ball. 

A player that does the same job as Gogic. Or a Shinnie type if you like that comparison better. We need to get back to having a midfield like Shinnie and McLean. Barron could possibly do the McLean type but he has to have more of a goal threat (although he has been unlucky with a few from 25 yards).

9 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

A player that does the same job as Gogic. Or a Shinnie type if you like that comparison better. We need to get back to having a midfield like Shinnie and McLean. Barron could possibly do the McLean type but he has to have more of a goal threat (although he has been unlucky with a few from 25 yards).

You can’t be comparing Gogic to Shinnie ? but I take your point we could be doing with someone that will drive the team forward! 

13 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

No what we need is a player like christie or Maddison who can create something and split a defence open 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Could do with a 'keeper like Ederson, a centre half like Van Dijk and a Striker like Benzema too. 

You should work in scouting. 

Your right I should but I was just alluding to players we once and are now missing in our team. 

you prick 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Whit!? Shinnie had his flaws, but him and gogic are nothing alike. Gogic is a lumbering hacker, who commits fouls as he's so bad. Don't mistake making fouls with being a hard man...

nigel pepper thought he was a hard man 

34 minutes ago, slippers said:

You can’t be comparing Gogic to Shinnie ? but I take your point we could be doing with someone that will drive the team forward! 

I'm not comparing the ability of the 2! Ffs. I'm saying it's that type of player we need. Midfield is too soft just now. And i also don't think a midfield with Barron and McCrorie in it would work either. 

7 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I'm not comparing the ability of the 2! Ffs. I'm saying it's that type of player we need. Midfield is too soft just now. And i also don't think a midfield with Barron and McCrorie in it would work either. 

We need a lot of players to be honest. In a ideal world how many of our current squad not including Ramsay or Ferguson would you like to see in our starting 11 next season. 

I’ll go first 

Vicente Besuijen

Connor Barron 

Ross McCorie

I genuinely think that’s it. 

Squad players I’d keep and hope they can push for regular starting spot. 

Dante Polvara 

Johnny Hayes 

Jack McKenzie 

Ryan Duncan 

Liam Harvey 

Alfie Bavidge 

Kieren Ngwenya

Really slim pickings. Looks as if we will have 6 new signings plus 2 if Ferguson and Ramsay go.  Assume a few loans too. Really looking forward to seeing the released list just to see who we are actually keeping. Hoping it will also include players that are free to find new club. 

10 minutes ago, slippers said:

We need a lot of players to be honest. In a ideal world how many of our current squad not including Ramsay or Ferguson would you like to see in our starting 11 next season. 

I’ll go first 

Vicente Besuijen

Connor Barron 

Ross McCorie

Dante Polvara 

Johnny Hayes 

Jack McKenzie 

Ryan Duncan 

Liam Harvey 

Alfie Bavidge 

Kieren Ngwenya

Really slim pickings. Looks as if we will have 6 new signings plus 2 if Ferguson and Ramsay go.  Assume a few loans too. Really looking forward to seeing the released list just to see who we are actually keeping. Hoping it will also include players that are free to find new club. 

I couldn't add any more to that list. I thought Polvara done well today in the 1st half. I'd happily see the back of Watkins aswell tbh. He was one i thought i'd like to keep. But recently he's offered less than fuck all so i'd happily get his wage off the bill aswell. 

Did Goodwin indicate after the game he was looking at strengthening every area? He'll need more than 6. But we definitely need at least 6 quality signings. And i don't include loans in them. I suspect we'll see McGrath pitch up on loan. Not sure about Ronan. Wolves will likely see Hearts as a better option for him with European football. He'd walk into their midfield. 

26 minutes ago, slippers said:

I’ll go first 

Vicente Besuijen

Connor Barron 

Ross McCorie

Dante Polvara 

Johnny Hayes 

Jack McKenzie 

Ryan Duncan 

Liam Harvey 

Alfie Bavidge 

Kieren Ngwenya

So your'e binning both Bates and Gallagher ? meaning we'd need to sign 3 , maybe 4 new CH's . No way , keep those 2 as squad players and bring in 2 better ones

18 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

So your'e binning both Bates and Gallagher ? meaning we'd need to sign 3 , maybe 4 new CH's . No way , keep those 2 as squad players and bring in 2 better ones

Idea world yes. Value for money they aren’t doing it. Probably the 2 highest paid CB’s in league outside Rangers and Celtic. If not very close. An absolute disgusting thought. I’d make them available and if we can get someone to cover even half their wages ship them out. I’d be more inclined to keep Gallagher if any of them but definitely need a captain type CB at very least to play alongside 1 of them. Absolute no way we can line up with them both next season and expect any better than this season. 

14 minutes ago, slippers said:

Idea world yes. Value for money they aren’t doing it. Probably the 2 highest paid CB’s in league outside Rangers and Celtic. If not very close. An absolute disgusting thought. I’d make them available and if we can get someone to cover even half their wages ship them out. I’d be more inclined to keep Gallagher if any of them but definitely need a captain type CB at very least to play alongside 1 of them. Absolute no way we can line up with them both next season and expect any better than this season. 

I’d keep both whilst signing a quality keeper and CB as one or both could improve significantly with quality beside them. If they don’t ship out in January or next summer and see if any of the youth Goodwin believe is good enough are ready to step up