Summer 2022 Transfer Window

26 minutes ago, slippers said:

We need a lot of players to be honest. In a ideal world how many of our current squad not including Ramsay or Ferguson would you like to see in our starting 11 next season. 

I’ll go first 

Vicente Besuijen

Connor Barron 

Ross McCorie

I genuinely think that’s it. 

Squad players I’d keep and hope they can push for regular starting spot. 

Dante Polvara 

Johnny Hayes 

Jack McKenzie 

Ryan Duncan 

Liam Harvey 

Alfie Bavidge 

Kieren Ngwenya

Really slim pickings. Looks as if we will have 6 new signings plus 2 if Ferguson and Ramsay go.  Assume a few loans too. Really looking forward to seeing the released list just to see who we are actually keeping. Hoping it will also include players that are free to find new club. 

So your'e binning both Bates and Gallagher ? meaning we'd need to sign 3 , maybe 4 new CH's . No way , keep those 2 as squad players and bring in 2 better ones

18 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

So your'e binning both Bates and Gallagher ? meaning we'd need to sign 3 , maybe 4 new CH's . No way , keep those 2 as squad players and bring in 2 better ones

Idea world yes. Value for money they aren’t doing it. Probably the 2 highest paid CB’s in league outside Rangers and Celtic. If not very close. An absolute disgusting thought. I’d make them available and if we can get someone to cover even half their wages ship them out. I’d be more inclined to keep Gallagher if any of them but definitely need a captain type CB at very least to play alongside 1 of them. Absolute no way we can line up with them both next season and expect any better than this season. 

14 minutes ago, slippers said:

Idea world yes. Value for money they aren’t doing it. Probably the 2 highest paid CB’s in league outside Rangers and Celtic. If not very close. An absolute disgusting thought. I’d make them available and if we can get someone to cover even half their wages ship them out. I’d be more inclined to keep Gallagher if any of them but definitely need a captain type CB at very least to play alongside 1 of them. Absolute no way we can line up with them both next season and expect any better than this season. 

I’d keep both whilst signing a quality keeper and CB as one or both could improve significantly with quality beside them. If they don’t ship out in January or next summer and see if any of the youth Goodwin believe is good enough are ready to step up

27 minutes ago, slippers said:

That means we need to sign 3 or 4 top quality CH's in one window. Not happening, they are fine as back if we go out and sign 2 better ones 

24 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

That means we need to sign 3 or 4 top quality CH's in one window. Not happening, they are fine as back if we go out and sign 2 better ones 

Could see Bates being reinvented as a full back since we paid a fee for him and he's on a long contract?

• Haha 1
Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

Could see Bates being reinvented as a full back since we paid a fee for him and he's on a long contract?

Better just sending him out on loan. He’s bad  rubbish.

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I wouldn’t be against us going with a back 3 with a new commanding CB in between them. As has been said maybe a quality GK will make a substantial difference to our CB’s.

8 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I suspect we may just go to a back 3. Said that for months now.

Probably fits better with personnel. No idea what either would be on but can’t have £10,000+ a week sitting on bench the whole season. Got to try and get some value out of them.

35 minutes ago, slippers said:

Probably fits better with personnel. No idea what either would be on but can’t have £10,000+ a week sitting on bench the whole season. Got to try and get some value out of them.

So what about the invenitable suspensions and injuries we are going to have through out the season ? Think it through eh !! I'm fine with Bates and Gallagher , they are under contract , as long as we bring in 2 better . The squad needs 4 CH's to go through a season , we do have McCrorie however who can fill in at CH and RFB  

3 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

So what about the invenitable suspensions and injuries we are going to have through out the season ? Think it through eh !! I'm fine with Bates and Gallagher , they are under contract , as long as we bring in 2 better . The squad needs 4 CH's to go through a season , we do have McCrorie however who can fill in at CH and RFB  

Centre Back's.

I'd go for signing one clear first pick CB and one developing CB (eg cheaper or loan) and see what happens with the four plus McCrorie.

It's a bit early to write them both of when we know our full backs have been inexperienced and our keepers have had a mare for two years

15 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

Where did I say I’d only be going with 2 CB’s next campaign. We already know we are targeting 6 player plus what is sold. 

Just listened to Goodwin interview and he says that we need to bring in 3/4 in the vinnie mould so we aren’t so reliant on him. That and a CB and GK and we will be in far better shape. He said he really enjoys the recruitment side of the game. I’m looking forward to seeing who we bring in.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Why? 
He’d be like a fish up a tree.

Even more of a galoot than he is at centre half.

6 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

?? 

he doesn't have the pace, passing ability or  composure to play full back

Whats our current plans for LB, CB and RB. We'll need to decide what the priorities are.

First pick and back up for each position.

I'm not saying we'll set out to play him at RB but it could happen due to us not signing full backs and him not getting a game otherwise

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Whats our current plans for LB, CB and RB. We'll need to decide what the priorities are.

I'm not saying we'll set out to play him at RB but it could happen due to us not signing full backs and him not getting a game otherwise

I’ve no idea what our plans are, but they won’t include Bates being used at RB.

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Think we may go with Kieren Ngwenya and McKenzie at LB. RB we need atleast 1 and could have McCrorie as back up, Centre back beed atleast 1 too. 

9 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I won't lie...Not entirely sure, tord. Sorry.

we also need CMs, wingers and strikers! Should we consider bates for one of them?

Just now, DD1903 said:

I won't lie...Not entirely sure, tord. Sorry.

we also need CMs, wingers and strikers! Should we consider bates for one of them?

Ojo played 40 times this season with 20+ of them being as a full back.

We've been left with our full back options as Mackenzie, Hayes and McCrorie and even though hardly any of them are full backs the full back positions are just about our lowest priority. 

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Ojo played 40 times this season with 20+ of them being as a full back.

We've been left with our full back options as Mackenzie, Hayes and McCrorie and even though hardly any of them are full backs the full back positions are just about our lowest priority. 

Right. So why does this mean Bates might play there? He never once did this year. 

Bates is a mystery man. I canny decide is he just shit, poor concentration or just canny be arsed. 1 minute he’s making a great challenge, or interception or picking a decent pass then next minute he’s letting some dross waltz past him. There’s defo some ability but it’s not consistently shown. 

2 minutes ago, Peachandblack said:

McCrorie's passing was nearly at an all time low today. He brings heart and a bit of pace and strength but if he's being seen as someone we will build around we're in real trouble next season.

I'd be signing a minimum of two first pick centre mids. Any idea that McCrorie, Barron and Polvara are going to play 20-40 games is going to end in failure

• Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, Peachandblack said:

McCrorie's passing was nearly at an all time low today. He brings heart and a bit of pace and strength but if he's being seen as someone we will build around we're in real trouble next season.

He’s not good enough for centre midfield unless he’s told to just sit in front of the defence, break up play & keep it simple. 

• Upvote 2