Summer 2022 Transfer Window

4 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I'm not comparing the ability of the 2! Ffs. I'm saying it's that type of player we need. Midfield is too soft just now. And i also don't think a midfield with Barron and McCrorie in it would work either. 

It would if the 3rd midfielder is a no.10 type

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Where did I say I’d only be going with 2 CB’s next campaign. We already know we are targeting 6 player plus what is sold. 

Just listened to Goodwin interview and he says that we need to bring in 3/4 in the vinnie mould so we aren’t so reliant on him. That and a CB and GK and we will be in far better shape. He said he really enjoys the recruitment side of the game. I’m looking forward to seeing who we bring in.

The fact that you left the two of them out being retained , I'm pulling you up on the folly of that . If they are our back ups I'd say we are in a far better place , time will , it's up to Goodwin to make it better 

10 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I’d argue he’s not good enough for any position if we have aspirations of being higher up the league and getting to latter stages of cup competitions 

RB, right sided CB in a back 3 and sitting in front of the defence are the only positions he should be playing for us. 

He’s poor with the ball at his feet, so relying on him to control the game in midfield is a bad idea. 

10 minutes ago, minijc said:

I think that's very harsh, he looked a good level above in his first few games for the club, hopefully Goodwin can find the right role for him and get him playing at that level again.

I think he’s a willing runner, he lacks quality in his use of the ball, positionally he’s often caught out wrong side. He’s got plenty energy, two years he’s been with us and still hasn’t nailed down a position in the team.

3 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

There's been a fair amount of chatter in here over the last few months about pre-contracts not being revealed because it will impact players' selection for their current club.  Well, season over.  Can't impact them anymore.  Anyone care to break cover and name the supposed pre-contracts we have?

Better asking @minijc.

Certainly needs to be a huge rebuild in all areas especially centre midfield. At the beginning of last September our centre midfield options were Ferguson, Brown, Longstaff, Ojo, McGeouch, Campbell and McCrorie (although Glass played him at CB). Not sure what is happening with Campbell but excluding him out of that lot it's very likely only McCrorie will be here at the start of next season. Barron looks very promising too early to say on Polvara yet. 

When you add in that we clearly need a new GK, a couple of full backs, two centre halves and several players in the forward areas then it's one hell of a mess which certainly isn't Goodwin's fault. He has one hell of a job on his hands as he has been left an utter mess. Realistically I think we need around 10 new players. 

4 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I think he’s a willing runner, he lacks quality in his use of the ball, positionally he’s often caught out wrong side. He’s got plenty energy, two years he’s been with us and still hasn’t nailed down a position in the team.

The inability to nail down a position might be something to do with having 3 different managers over those two seasons, all of whom have played him in a variety of positions.  Also gets shunted around because he can play different positions and we need someone to fill in (remember when Calderwood always used to shunt Barry Nicholson to RB because we'd nobody else to play there, despite it weakening our midfield) .  To me McCrorie always looks most comfortable in midfield, in front of the defence.  Decent as a back-up RCB in a 4 or a 3.  Can play RB if required.

3 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Certainly needs to be a huge rebuild in all areas especially centre midfield. At the beginning of last September our centre midfield options were Ferguson, Brown, Longstaff, Ojo, McGeouch, Campbell and McCrorie (although Glass played him at CB). Not sure what is happening with Campbell but excluding him out of that lot it's very likely only McCrorie will be here at the start of next season. Barron looks very promising too early to say on Polvara yet. 

When you add in that we clearly need a new GK, a couple of full backs, two centre halves and several players in the forward areas then it's one hell of a mess which certainly isn't Goodwin's fault. He has one hell of a job on his hands as he has been left an utter mess. Realistically I think we need around 10 new players. 

And the crucial part of the recruitment this summer is that the success rate has to be 80 or 90%, could argue that last summer our success rate was 1 (Ramirez) in 10.

52 minutes ago, Peachandblack said:

McCrorie's passing was nearly at an all time low today. He brings heart and a bit of pace and strength but if he's being seen as someone we will build around we're in real trouble next season.

Yeah, I’m starting to have concerns about him too. Maybe centre half is his best position after all?

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Where are you reading that?  Who have they signed?

Livi announced 2 on Friday i think it was. Somebody from Belgium and a player from Australia. 

St Mirren have agreed pre contracts with Carson from Dundee United, Mark O'Hara from Motherwell and somebody from Australia aswell. 

Just now, AyrshireSheep said:

Livi announced 2 on Friday i think it was. Somebody from Belgium and a player from Australia. 

St Mirren have agreed pre contracts with Carson from Dundee United, Mark O'Hara from Motherwell and somebody from Australia aswell. 

Livi have also signed hearts full back too. Think it's Jamie Brandon if I remember correctly.

26 minutes ago, starryfish said:

And the crucial part of the recruitment this summer is that the success rate has to be 80 or 90%, could argue that last summer our success rate was 1 (Ramirez) in 10.

0.5 in 10 given that sulky pricks effort since January 

11 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

He just signed a new deal until 2026 so he is here to stay.

Be happy with him as a squad player, even first team regular, but I'd definitely want better quality around him. Fingers crossed he can get closer to the form he showed in his first few games with us as minijc said above. 

Currently rumoured to be interested in:

Defenders: Chey Dunkley and Charles Dunne.

Midfielders/Forwards: Chiedozie Ogbene, Jamie McGrath, Connor Ronan, Alan Forrest, Elliott Watt, Reuven Neimeijer and a second unnamed Dutch player.

Goalkeepers: Siegrest, Hladky, Joshua Rae and Oscar Linner.

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Midfielders/Forwards: Chiedozie Ogbene, Jamie McGrath, Connor Ronan, Alan Forrest, Elliott Watt, Reuben Neimeijer and a second unnamed Dutch player.

Thanks, useful. *Reuven

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Midfielders/Forwards: Chiedozie Ogbene, Jamie McGrath, Connor Ronan, Alan Forrest,  Reuben Neimeijer and a second unnamed Dutch player.

Goalkeepers: Siegrest, Hladky,  Oscar Linner.

Take any of these tbh, can see us going for McCarthy at St Mirren for obvious reasons, big window ahead, let's hope Mowbray and co get it right

9 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Midfielders/Forwards: Chiedozie Ogbene, Jamie McGrath, Connor Ronan, Alan Forrest, Elliott Watt, Reuben Neimeijer and a second unnamed Dutch player.

Dunkley = interesting, could be a good signing

Dunne = no thanks

Ogbene, Ronan and Neimeijet = Yes

McGrath and Forrest = not going to set the heather on fire but I'd take them

Watt = would have to be awesome to win over the support giving his ill advised social media use

Siegrest and Hladky = new first choice keeper

Linner = would push to be new first choice keeper

Rae = back up keeper at best

11 hours ago, starryfish said:

I’d argue he’s not good enough for any position if we have aspirations of being higher up the league and getting to latter stages of cup competitions 

And that’s been the issue with McCrorie at every club he’s been at. Reasonable in a few positions but not top quality in any. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Dunkley = interesting, could be a good signing

Dunne = no thanks

Ogbene, Ronan and Neimeijet = Yes

McGrath and Forrest = not going to set the heather on fire but I'd take them

Watt = would have to be awesome to win over the support giving his ill advised social media use

Siegrest and Hladky = new first choice keeper

Linner = would push to be new first choice keeper

Rae = back up keeper at best

Those 3 would be a great start to window. Think Ogbene is maybe been playing wing back so would be Ramsay replacement. 

9 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Midfielders/Forwards: Chiedozie Ogbene, Jamie McGrath, Connor Ronan, Alan Forrest, Elliott Watt, Reuven Neimeijer and a second unnamed Dutch player.

I’m assuming you’re summarising names mentioned in this thread rather than being ITK? :)