Summer 2022 Transfer Window

The club need to announce some shit that's going to give us fans some hope! 

How any fan can buy a ST with how that season of shit finished & with needing 7-8 new players is well a mystery.

A very valid point that appears to be lost on our current hierarchy 

early days though but definitely need something soon , even st mirren and some others have commenced their recruitment .For the future of the club and its credibility it better not be another “ we tried really hard to convince targets” 

21 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

A very valid point that appears to be lost on our current hierarchy 

early days though but definitely need something soon , even st mirren and some others have commenced their recruitment .For the future of the club and its credibility it better not be another “ we tried really hard to convince targets” 

To be fair, it’s a lot easier to sign players from the likes of Morecambe. 

We’ll be aiming higher than them, so that makes it harder to get the right ones in.

And if they’re decent, they’ll have more than us as an option. 

With Brown, JET and Jenks already gone who else can we expect to depart this summer:

Considine, Campbell, McLennan, Ojo, McGeouch, Kennedy, Joe Lewis, Woods, Montgomery, Jenks, Ramirez, Ruth, Ferguson and Ramsay.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Joe Lewis staying as a backup goalie.

5 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

With Brown, JET and Jenks already gone who else can we expect to depart this summer:

Considine, Campbell, McLennan, Ojo, McGeouch, Kennedy, Joe Lewis, Woods, Montgomery, Jenks, Ramirez, Ruth, Ferguson and Ramsay.

Joe's staying regardless as he has 2 years left. So that's about 11 players leaving ! I don't expect us to be announcing many before the end of May. Be lucky if 1or2 ar announced in the next 2weeks.

23 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Would imagine the majority of them are gone. Talk of Montgomery deal being extended which would be a massive red flag if it is. Cant see why we are waiting to reveal the released list unless we are trying to tie down 1 or 2 of the players on new deals

14 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Currently rumoured to be interested in:

Defenders: Chey Dunkley and Charles Dunne.

Midfielders/Forwards: Chiedozie Ogbene, Jamie McGrath, Connor Ronan, Alan Forrest, Elliott Watt, Reuven Neimeijer and a second unnamed Dutch player.

Goalkeepers: Siegrest, Hladky, Joshua Rae and Oscar Linner.

Gonna be a long summer for you, BD...

• Haha 3

I'd be very very surprised if we were in for Ogbene.

Its probably his first season of being a regular for Rotherham and he has also broken into the Republic team where he has made a few headlines in his first few appearances. With his best season under his belt and showing a lot of potential and the club just getting promoted it would take a record fee from us to sign him and we would be talking seriously big wages. I just cant see us doing such a huge outlay as that for Ogbene after 1 good season playing right wing back in league 1. 

I might be proven wrong but i really don't think there is anything in this rumour. 

4 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I'd be very very surprised if we were in for Ogbene.

Its probably his first season of being a regular for Rotherham and he has also broken into the Republic team where he has made a few headlines in his first few appearances. With his best season under his belt and showing a lot of potential and the club just getting promoted it would take a record fee from us to sign him and we would be talking seriously big wages. I just cant see us doing such a huge outlay as that for Ogbene after 1 good season playing right wing back in league 1. 

I might be proven wrong but i really don't think there is anything in this rumour. 

There'd be no fee, he's out of contract. (According to transfermarkt.com) 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

There'd be no fee, he's out of contract. (According to transfermarkt.com) 

No, he has another year really as Rotherham have an option clause to extend by another year. I believe they have been discussing a new long term contract with him but if he doesn't sign that they will obviously at the very least trigger the extension so that he cant leave for free and will get a big fee. There have been rumours that Forest are looking at him as a possible replacement for Djed Spence when his loan runs out. 

49 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Don’t have a name yet but Goodwin is confident he will have at least one target sealed and ready to announce by Thursday noon. Will update if I get a names. 

As long as the first signing in the window inspires more than a few moons back when we re-signed Ash Taylor and Curtis Main.

I have a horrible feeling that we are going to be underwhelmed,  albeit something has to be done to encourage ST sales.... 

10 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

We were interested in Freddie Ladapo in January. Wonder if we will revisit that this summer.

Even he'll be outwith our reach like Ogbene..

1 hour ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Don’t have a name yet but Goodwin is confident he will have at least one target sealed and ready to announce by Thursday noon. Will update if I get a names. 

So that will be another 15 weeks at 1 signing per week, of super signings, that Goodwin wants and Aberdeen NEED.   They all then need to blend in together the way Goodwin wants them to perform.  That will take us to the end of next season. But the million Dollar question is will the management have studied in depth the players needed to perform and players who want to give 100 percent to the club.    If not its back to square 1.   And the same shit  as last season,. CRAP. 

1 hour ago, shooftahmooftah said:

So that will be another 15 weeks at 1 signing per week, of super signings, that Goodwin wants and Aberdeen NEED.   They all then need to blend in together the way Goodwin wants them to perform.  That will take us to the end of next season. But the million Dollar question is will the management have studied in depth the players needed to perform and players who want to give 100 percent to the club.    If not its back to square 1.   And the same shit  as last season,. CRAP. 

Needs to learn from Glass and save them all up to be announced on the same day so we're impressed 

• Upvote 1