Summer 2022 Transfer Window

4 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Would take McCart tbh, decent CB who is left sided

Hendry as a back up wouldn't be awful

Remember the debate last year when folk were considering whether Hendry would be a decent option as a 4th choice striker? 

Little did we know we then that we would only have one for the season. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Remember the debate last year when folk were considering whether Hendry would be a decent option as a 4th choice striker? 

Little did we know we then that we would only have one for the season. 

and its a worry how much of a priority signing back up strikers will actually be now we are in a shambles.

It should be 3 or 4 strikers in the squad for me.

Get away with 3 if you intend to start with 1 up front in all circumstances during the whole season.

Watkins, Vinny and McLennan etc are not strikers.

2 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Aside from Zander Clark I wouldn't want us to sign anyone from St Johnstone. I feel we can do better than him too.

I've reversed my opinion on Jamie McCart. He's been absolutely dire this season.

Hendry is mince.

Hendry is a grafter, bit of a dirty bassa as well. I'd be content enough with him as a squad player to come off the bench and put himself about and put in some effort when needed. Needs to be 3rd choice striker at best though. I wouldn't have too much of a problem in taking him in as 3rd choice striker and putting the young loon Harvie out for a decent loan somewhere.

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Signing guys like hendry is the last thing we should be doing imo. 

What's the point in signing a 3rd choice striker when that's exactly the role a young player like Harvie should be taking up. Would rather give our youngsters a chance than sign dross like Hendry. 

Probably be more beneficial for the likes of Harvie to spend a season or half a season (didn't do Barron any harm) at a lower level getting a game every week rather than a few minutes off the bench a few times a month

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Parklife said:

What's the point in signing a 3rd choice striker when that's exactly the role a young player like Harvie should be taking up. Would rather give our youngsters a chance than sign dross like Hendry. 

It's nae just as simple as that though. Harvey will gain nothing sitting on the bench with the odd 10 minutes here and there. He needs a couple of seasons of playing regularly before he's ready to even push for a starting place. And that's where your 3rd choice dross come into it - cover for the starters while the likes of Harvey learn the professional game out of the firing line.

All this ignoes the question whether Hendry is viable as 3rd choice dross like...

29 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Dross like Hendry who's scored 8 goals since he was recalled in January in a dogshit st johnstone side. If he had scored those 8 in red whilst we gave ramirez a breather we would have been in the top 6.

• Upvote 4
46 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Probably be more beneficial for the likes of Harvie to spend a season or half a season (didn't do Barron any harm) at a lower level getting a game every week rather than a few minutes off the bench a few times a month

Harvie can go on loan if we sign three strikers. 

Whether people want to admit it or not Hendry would improve our squad based on the fact Ramirez downed tools and left us with absolutely zero strikers at the club.

Hendry is quick, direct, strong, works hard and can score goals if given a chance. Personally I wouldn't be adverse to him coming back in as a squad player as I think he would score goals. 

We need more than two strikers, I don't think Christian Rameriz will be back, therefore we may need up to 4 strikers, adding Hendry with SPL experience wouldn't be horrendous. 

No point in getting the incontinence pads out yet as I suspect he won't be anywhere near Goodwin's radar.

31 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Whether people want to admit it or not Hendry would improve our squad based on the fact Ramirez downed tools and left us with absolutely zero strikers at the club.

Hendry is quick, direct, strong, works hard and can score goals if given a chance. Personally I wouldn't be adverse to him coming back in as a squad player as I think he would score goals. 

We need more than two strikers, I don't think Christian Rameriz will be back, therefore we may need up to 4 strikers, adding Hendry with SPL experience wouldn't be horrendous. 

No point in getting the incontinence pads out yet as I suspect he won't be anywhere near Goodwin's radar.

More squad rotation players that ensure Aberdeen FC hangs in the middle of the pack. 

1. Leave space for the up and coming prospects. Do not fill it with average placeholders

2. Don't give up on the loan market. AFC has less of a budget than Rangers and Celtic, so a few budget friendly players with upside are needed

3. Find more at VB's level or above to develop and flip

4. Sign veterans above Gallagher,  McGeouch levels. See reason 1.

4 minutes ago, PondHopper said:

More squad rotation players that ensure Aberdeen FC hangs in the middle of the pack. 

1. Leave space for the up and coming prospects. Do not fill it with average placeholders

2. Don't give up on the loan market. AFC has less of a budget than Rangers and Celtic, so a few budget friendly players with upside are needed

3. Find more at VB's level or above to develop and flip

4. Sign veterans above Gallagher,  McGeouch levels. See reason 1.

Just sign good players! 

57 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

4 new strikers? I'd be stunned if we signed any more than 2, and that's even if Ramirez leaves.

So many other areas of the team that need strengthening as well as the forward areas, and only so much of a budget, especially if more under contract players are getting binned off this wek

55 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

We had strikers at the club they just didn’t step up and score goals when Ramirez wasn’t.