Summer 2022 Transfer Window

57 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Whether people want to admit it or not Hendry would improve our squad based on the fact Ramirez downed tools and left us with absolutely zero strikers at the club.

Hendry is quick, direct, strong, works hard and can score goals if given a chance. Personally I wouldn't be adverse to him coming back in as a squad player as I think he would score goals. 

We need more than two strikers, I don't think Christian Rameriz will be back, therefore we may need up to 4 strikers, adding Hendry with SPL experience wouldn't be horrendous. 

No point in getting the incontinence pads out yet as I suspect he won't be anywhere near Goodwin's radar.

4 new strikers? I'd be stunned if we signed any more than 2, and that's even if Ramirez leaves.

So many other areas of the team that need strengthening as well as the forward areas, and only so much of a budget, especially if more under contract players are getting binned off this wek

55 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Whether people want to admit it or not Hendry would improve our squad based on the fact Ramirez downed tools and left us with absolutely zero strikers at the club.

Hendry is quick, direct, strong, works hard and can score goals if given a chance. Personally I wouldn't be adverse to him coming back in as a squad player as I think he would score goals. 

We need more than two strikers, I don't think Christian Rameriz will be back, therefore we may need up to 4 strikers, adding Hendry with SPL experience wouldn't be horrendous. 

No point in getting the incontinence pads out yet as I suspect he won't be anywhere near Goodwin's radar.

We had strikers at the club they just didn’t step up and score goals when Ramirez wasn’t. 

35 minutes ago, PondHopper said:

More squad rotation players that ensure Aberdeen FC hangs in the middle of the pack. 

1. Leave space for the up and coming prospects. Do not fill it with average placeholders

2. Don't give up on the loan market. AFC has less of a budget than Rangers and Celtic, so a few budget friendly players with upside are needed

3. Find more at VB's level or above to develop and flip

4. Sign veterans above Gallagher,  McGeouch levels. See reason 1.

1) We don't have any in the position to do that Harvie requires full time football like Barron had on loan, I suspect he needs at least 6/12 months on loan in the lower leagues.

2) Loans are very much hit or miss. Also unless there is an option to buy I'm not keen.

3) Agree 

4) I believe we're trying to lower the average age.

6 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Goodwin said on Sunday he wanted another three or four 'Vinny type' players for attacking areas.  What he wants and what he gets though....

Yeah he did say that. The biggest fear is that we aren’t releasing the released list yet because we have retained a few players the fans don’t want too. Maybe Montgomery loan has been extended, maybe we have offered a new deal to ojo? Who knows. Perhaps the releases list will be annouched at same time as a new arrival to try and take the heat off the club. Can’t really understand why we wouldn’t just announce straight away otherwise?

Looking at the way Barron kicked on during his loan spell, I think we need to prioritise similar loan moves for our most promising youngsters.  So much more beneficial than being a bit-part first team player.  6 months at Kelty and Barron was cherry ripe.  I always thought a lack of first team football cost Dean Campbell a fair chunk of his development.  At that age young lads need to be playing football to improve - not sitting on a bench or in the stands.

1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

If Hendry is out of contract I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Kilmarnock with McInnes. McInnes loves going back for the old boys - he'll take at least one or two of our out of contract players you can be sure.

48 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

1) We don't have any in the position to do that Harvie requires full time football like Barron had on loan, I suspect he needs at least 6/12 months on loan in the lower leagues.

2) Loans are very much hit or miss. Also unless there is an option to buy I'm not keen.

3) Agree 

4) I believe we're trying to lower the average age.

Like Samuels? I'm cool with loan to buy too. But I'm also cool if a loan comes in from beyond celtic and rangers who can help us to European football 

8 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I’d rather just sign a decent striker than have Ramirez or Hendry. Similar level of player, we can do better than both.

Firstly I was saying Hendry as back up so more a replacement for JET. 

Secondly if they are a "decent striker" why are they going to come to us. League one pays more than us. 

10 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

McLennan & Kennedy too ?

For whatever reason I think JG likes Kennedy.

He’s admitted he’s tried to sign him in the past. 

I don’t think he’ll be leaving.

McLennan probably will go. He’s actually regressed in the last few years. 
I’m not even sure Cove SEVCO is his level. Championship might be a league too high.  

3 hours ago, slippers said:

Yeah he did say that. The biggest fear is that we aren’t releasing the released list yet because we have retained a few players the fans don’t want too. Maybe Montgomery loan has been extended, maybe we have offered a new deal to ojo? Who knows. Perhaps the releases list will be annouched at same time as a new arrival to try and take the heat off the club. Can’t really understand why we wouldn’t just announce straight away otherwise?

Wee bit of patience required.  I’m sure it will come out this week.  The club are probably looking to announce it in one go so maybe there’s still negotiating with players who are still in contract to release them.   I have a feeling though that we won’t be releasing as many as some of us would like.  

16 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Wee bit of patience required.  I’m sure it will come out this week.  The club are probably looking to announce it in one go so maybe there’s still negotiating with players who are still in contract to release them.   I have a feeling though that we won’t be releasing as many as some of us would like.  

Imagine the uproar when they announce Ojo has penned a new deal.