Summer 2022 Transfer Window

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

Signing guys like hendry is the last thing we should be doing imo. 

What's the point in signing a 3rd choice striker when that's exactly the role a young player like Harvie should be taking up. Would rather give our youngsters a chance than sign dross like Hendry. 

I disagree with regards to the having a young player sitting on the bench. I think the likes of Harvey and Hanratty will learn a lot more playing 90 minutes in a lower league against experienced professionals than they would coming on for the odd 5 or 10-15 mins at the end of games here. Or if injuries hit and they get thrown in for starts before they are really ready, then they get the fury of fans who are abusing them as not good enough within a few games.

I've seen lots of people on here saying we should have our own youngsters on the bench instead of bringing in squad players or loans from other clubs. Obviously if a young player is outstanding and truly at the level in terms of quality of ability and physicality to go straight into the first team at a young age that's fine but if we don't think they are ready to start games in SPL i think we should loan them out until they are ready rather than keep them on bench for a few minutes. 

St Johnstone's successful back 3 of last season with Jason Kerr, McCart, Liam Gordon and also Ali McCann in midfield were examples of players who progressed and developed on loan at lower levels. Same with Josh Doig and Campbell at Hibs. This season we had success with Barron.

I don't believe if we had kept Connor with us at the start of the season he would be at the level he is at now, the loan at Kelty playing regular games really brought him on. That's why i would like us to continue to loan out as many as possible again next season. 

We should see if we can get Ngwenya playing for maybe Cove in the Championship now they have lost their left back to Partick. He has improved at Kelty but not yet ready for spl and having him sit on our bench next season will only stall his progress.

Same with Ryan Duncan, hopefully we manage to really strengthen in the forward area's this summer so we can let him go out on loan until Jan again when hopefully he could replicate what Connor did this season and slot into the team for 2nd half of season. He has a lot of ability, great attitude from what I hear. And he will get better with more game time and experience playing regular fitba for maybe Inverness, Arbroath or possibly even Cove again rather than sat on our bench. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I disagree with regards to the having a young player sitting on the bench. I think the likes of Harvey and Hanratty will learn a lot more playing 90 minutes in a lower league against experienced professionals than they would coming on for the odd 5 or 10-15 mins at the end of games here. Or if injuries hit and they get thrown in for starts before they are really ready, then they get the fury of fans who are abusing them as not good enough within a few games.

I've seen lots of people on here saying we should have our own youngsters on the bench instead of bringing in squad players or loans from other clubs. Obviously if a young player is outstanding and truly at the level in terms of quality of ability and physicality to go straight into the first team at a young age that's fine but if we don't think they are ready to start games in SPL i think we should loan them out until they are ready rather than keep them on bench for a few minutes. 

St Johnstone's successful back 3 of last season with Jason Kerr, McCart, Liam Gordon and also Ali McCann in midfield were examples of players who progressed and developed on loan at lower levels. Same with Josh Doig and Campbell at Hibs. This season we had success with Barron.

I don't believe if we had kept Connor with us at the start of the season he would be at the level he is at now, the loan at Kelty playing regular games really brought him on. That's why i would like us to continue to loan out as many as possible again next season. 

We should see if we can get Ngwenya playing for maybe Cove in the Championship now they have lost their left back to Partick. He has improved at Kelty but not yet ready for spl and having him sit on our bench next season will only stall his progress.

Same with Ryan Duncan, hopefully we manage to really strengthen in the forward area's this summer so we can let him go out on loan until Jan again when hopefully he could replicate what Connor did this season and slot into the team for 2nd half of season. He has a lot of ability, great attitude from what I hear. And he will get better with more game time and experience playing regular fitba for maybe Inverness, Arbroath or possibly even Cove again rather than sat on our bench. 

Some great points.

However, Ryan Duncan is ready NOW, in my opinion.  I wouldn’t be sending him out on loan anywhere.

I’m sure he’d have played those last 3 or so games for us after Peterhead’s season’s ended,  had it not been some some archaic SFA rules but even if Ronan and/or McGrath arrive next season, I’d be integrating him into the squad too

7 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

However, Ryan Duncan is ready NOW. I wouldn’t be sending him out on loan anywhere.

If he’s as good as many say then he deserves to be involved.

Ngwenya is 20 this year, he’s surely deserving of the chance too.

Cooper, Hewitt, Simmie and Black were all under 20 and look at what they achieved.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

2 of whom are not strikers and 1 who is apparently going to be released due to not being good enough. Therefore at a push we had one young striker clearly not good enough - so no other options.

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

Watkins and Besuijen are not centre forwards.

Ruth couldn't even do a decent job for Falkirk he was never going to contribute here

If Watkins isn’t a striker what position is he as his best games he’s played for us has been up top through the middle.
On one of the podcast I listened to when besuijen signed it said he can play any of the striker positions even through the middle so could have done a job up there, especially alongside another striker. 

Many a player did poor on loan doesn’t mean ruth couldn’t have come back and played upfront as it is his position. 

We should of brought in someone else but doesn’t mean we didn’t have options 

1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Some plausible points but very generic really.

Plenty would have said that Scott McKenna wasn’t ready for us in top flight when he got his chance & should have stayed out on loan. That is in a position that it is a lot harder to make the step up in as well, as mistakes are far more costly & noticeable.

No reason young players cannot be given far more game time (especially in the forward areas) if we have an actual first 11 & squad able to accommodate their ‘inexperience’ & have games under comfortable enough control to bring them on regularly for last half hr of games most weeks

Are you Alan Hansen by any chance

2 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Imagine the uproar when they announce Ojo has penned a new deal.

Ojo new deal and Montgomery extended loan would almost be funny to see the reaction!

3 hours ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Wee bit of patience required.  I’m sure it will come out this week.  The club are probably looking to announce it in one go so maybe there’s still negotiating with players who are still in contract to release them.   I have a feeling though that we won’t be releasing as many as some of us would like.  

Valid point that is hopefully the explanation. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

If he’s as good as many say then he deserves to be involved.

Ngwenya is 20 this year, he’s surely deserving of the chance too.

Cooper, Hewitt, Simmie and Black were all under 20 and look at what they achieved.

Totally agree Tommy, only ever heard good things about Duncan, he has to be in the squad next year.

2 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

You should be banned from posting for the next month, unless it's related to transfers.
Just an idea, what do you think?

I think everyone that isn't me or Canadian should be banned, we are the lifeblood of this place.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Some great points.

However, Ryan Duncan is ready NOW, in my opinion.  I wouldn’t be sending him out on loan anywhere.

I’m sure he’d have played those last 3 or so games for us after Peterhead’s season’s ended,  had it not been some some archaic SFA rules but even if Ronan and/or McGrath arrive next season, I’d be integrating him into the squad too

I think Ryan is a big talent and he has developed physically a lot over the past season. I think as well as working in the gym, his old man Andy has had him grafting on the farm to help get him built up. But if we get the players we are targeting i don't think he will begin next seasons league games as a starter and I don't want to see his growth as a player get stunted by only getting a few minutes here and there. So its just my personal opinion that another 6 months out on loan would see him improve and grow as a player much faster and then he will come back as a starter in January.

Totally agree regarding the last few games. He would have definitely have started those games so a real shame the rules stop us playing him.

I do expect him to get starts in the league cup qualifying though so he will have the chance to keep the shirt and make it impossible for him to be left out when it comes to the start of the league. I hope that happens.  

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Thank fuck 

ojo and Montgomery away, disappointed that gallagher and bates stays, Gallagher just needs a kick up the arse, ginger ramos is just plain shite.

Agree there is no hope for Bates. After his time with AFC is up he will move to a smaller club than Aberdeen. Then after his time with that club is up he'll move to an even smaller club and so on and so on. 

Just really unfortunate we signed him on a 3 year deal.

Kennedy can GTF too. 

7 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Agree there is no hope for Bates. After his time with AFC is up he will move to a smaller club than Aberdeen. Then after his time with that club is up he'll move to an even smaller club and so on and so on. 

Just really unfortunate we signed him on a 3 year deal.

Kennedy can GTF too. 

Yeah forgot about Kennedy, he will be seen as a new signing by Goodwin and really surprised there’s nothing about McLennan either, surely after the years the club know that he will never be good enough surely.

1 minute ago, Dons79 said:

Yeah forgot about Kennedy, he will be seen as a new signing by Goodwin and really surprised there’s nothing about McLennan either, surely after the years the club know that he will never be good enough surely.

Agreed the lack of anything on McLennan is a bit of a worry.
When is his contract up?

1 minute ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

Agreed the lack of anything on McLennan is a bit of a worry.
When is his contract up?

Just pay him off along with Bates.