Summer 2022 Transfer Window

46 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

When are the players back for pre season? Do League cup group stage matches not start at the beginning of July? So we're looking at Mid June? Better get fucking moving if he's wanting his squad nearly in place by then...

The fact none have at all have been announced at all might suggest we are finding it hard to get them to come. 

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The fact none have at all have been announced at all might suggest we are finding it hard to get them to come. 

But but but i thought we had pre contracts agreed? ?. I wonder if Tipex Teeth took an idea from last summer when Glass said if we announced all 5 on the same day we'd have been buzzing. The clown probably has something like that up his sleeve. 

4 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

But but but i thought we had pre contracts agreed? ?. I wonder if Tipex Teeth took an idea from last summer when Glass said if we announced all 5 on the same day we'd have been buzzing. The clown probably has something like that up his sleeve. 

This time last year, we’d already announced JET, Brown, Woods and Gallagher.  That worked out well.

Cant believe folk are losing their shit already about a lack of signing, with the season not yet over. 

8 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Unbelievable, the wages Ojo was on, and McGeough will have been on £3500 a week too no doubt.

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Presumably Brown you mean.

Even the likes of Ojo & McGeouch were on a level not far off that. 

Was meaning Ojo.

6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

This time last year, we’d already announced JET, Brown, Woods and Gallagher.  That worked out well.

Cant believe folk are losing their shit already about a lack of signing, with the season not yet over. 

Apparently Bruce Anderson won three awards at the Livi players' dinner this week.  To think we swapped him (plus cash?) for JET.

45 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Presumably Brown you mean.

Even the likes of Ojo & McGeouch were on a level not far off that. 

I presumed he meant McGeouch. Remember when he left Hibs we offered to make him our highest paid player and he rejected that offer for an even more lucrative one at Sunderland.

When that didn't work out we tried to get him again and still he chose to give it one last go at Sunderland. We finally got him at the third time of asking.......I don't think we gave him what he earned down there but I'd be surprised if he wasn't (at the point of signing) one of our top 3 earners

6 minutes ago, minijc said:

It's never been confirmed but given we offered Anderson a deal we'll have been compo from Livi, so I imagine, if a fee was required for Jet we'll have taken it from the compo due to us.

I'm sure I remember an interview with Martindale at the time where he said they had a clause in JET's contract that if he went to another Scottish (or UK?) club that they'd be due a fee (part of the deal to bring him back to these shores from Thailand).  They waived their fee and we waived ours for Anderson, although there might have been a small difference, hence why I put "(plus cash?)" in brackets with a question mark, because I'm not sure. I could also easily have misremembered the whole thing, dreamt it, or been drunk at the time.

24 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I presumed he meant McGeouch. Remember when he left Hibs we offered to make him our highest paid player and he rejected that offer for an even more lucrative one at Sunderland.

When that didn't work out we tried to get him again and still he chose to give it one last go at Sunderland. We finally got him at the third time of asking.......I don't think we gave him what he earned down there but I'd be surprised if he wasn't (at the point of signing) one of our top 3 earners

Ojo and mcgeough were only behind shinnie & Lewis in Feb 2020 for the highest wages at the club.

19 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I'm sure I remember an interview with Martindale at the time where he said they had a clause in JET's contract that if he went to another Scottish (or UK?) club that they'd be due a fee (part of the deal to bring him back to these shores from Thailand).  They waived their fee and we waived ours for Anderson, although there might have been a small difference, hence why I put "(plus cash?)" in brackets with a question mark, because I'm not sure. I could also easily have misremembered the whole thing, dreamt it, or been drunk at the time.

Aye think it was a case that JET had a clause but we were due compensation from Livi for Anderson (or any club who signed him)

Criminal we didn't give Anderson a fair crack of the whip when he was here, fair play to him for the goals scored this season at Livi