Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

I've not said it's a good signing

Im as shocked as everyone else

Didn’t mean from your point of view. Meant the club. To sign him would be a disgrace, to buy him out his contract would quite frankly be unforgivable! 

When if true can we expect to hear the conformation…?

CCB III  has fair livened up this topic. But it won't happen. And on the unlikely chance it did happen i hope Tipex teeth knows exactly what's coming. Mind you there's been fuck all emanating from Georgia for weeks so he'll not be giving a fuck. He'll be raiding the local Staples ensuring his gnashers are at the top of their game. 

7 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

Have a day off, Or put you're tampon back in you drama queen

Awa and beef yer sister ya incest sounding gypsy!

7 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

CCB III  has fair livened up this topic. But it won't happen. And on the unlikely chance it did happen i hope Tipex teeth knows exactly what's coming. Mind you there's been fuck all emanating from Georgia for weeks so he'll not be giving a fuck. He'll be raiding the local Staples ensuring his gnashers are at the top of their game. 

If this Nicky clark stuff is true god help us. How exactly is that cormacks fault tho surely it would be the managers and recruitment teams for signing someone as average as that. 

8 minutes ago, thurso said:

If this Nicky clark stuff is true god help us. How exactly is that cormacks fault tho surely it would be the managers and recruitment teams for signing someone as average as that. 

Worst part is we are such a tin pot club now a very minute part of me thinks that his could be true! Even though we all know it’s absolute garbage!  ?

Now that Goodwin's said Duncan, Hancock, Ngwenya & Towler will be given a chance to claim a place in the first team squad, i'm thinking we may not see the influx of players we'd expected given the volume of departures.

I can see there being a greater emphasis on youth introduction & development, with the remaining spots taken up by squad players. To which end Nicky Clark or a Nicky Clarkesque signing wouldn't surprise me.

If this is how it plays out, i think it's preferable we see young homegrown lads given a chance to shine rather than mediocre journeymen pros replacing the mediocre journeymen pros we've just let go.

Ramsay & Barron have made for a refreshing change. Be great to consistently see our own boys coming through the ranks and going on to big things.

• Upvote 2
45 minutes ago, thurso said:

Cormack hired the manager, the head of recruitment and the director of football. He's ultumately responsible for everything the club does. 

15 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Now that Goodwin's said Duncan, Hancock, Ngwenya & Towler will be given a chance to claim a place in the first team squad, i'm thinking we may not see the influx of players we'd expected given the volume of departures.

I can see there being a greater emphasis on youth introduction & development, with the remaining spots taken up by squad players. To which end Nicky Clark or a Nicky Clarkesque signing wouldn't surprise me.

If this is how it plays out, i think it's preferable we see young homegrown lads given a chance to shine rather than mediocre journeymen pros replacing the mediocre journeymen pros we've just let go.

Ramsay & Barron have made for a refreshing change. Be great to consistently see our own boys coming through the ranks and going on to big things.

It doesn’t matter how you spin it, this would be a complete joke signing! 

We are after 6 players, I have no doubt that we will pad it out with some of our youth and some loans late in window but we don’t need more average players. These 6 players have to be of good quality and we really need 4/5 of them to be a success to get us back on track. Obviously be more brought in if we sell but the 6 players the papers ran with was definitely true a few weeks ago. 

I'm not spinning it. I have very low expectations for this transfer window. I don't want Nicky Clark, i don't believe he would be a good signing. However i wouldn't be surprised if we signed him. It's plausible.

My upside so to speak is i'd much prefer we give (our own) youth a chance than sign known dross or loan Celtic, Sevco or EPL youngsters who are no better than what we have on our own books. 

Guest milne_afc
2 hours ago, CCB III said:

Shocking patter, Milnzo. 

You're not yourself in these waters. 

Really? I try to show my serious side and football knowledge on the GL forums. I’ll take a break.

33 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Cormack hired the manager, the head of recruitment and the director of football. He's ultumately responsible for everything the club does. 

Cormack has to appoint who he thinks is good for the job and leave them to it not really his fault if they make a cunt of it 

Imagine having your worst season in years, nearly 10 failed signings last Pre season, trying to sell season tickets to an already unimpressed fan base, just lost the guts of 8 first team players and your first signings announced is Nicky Clark.

Surely nae?

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, thurso said:

Cormack has to appoint who he thinks is good for the job and leave them to it not really his fault if they make a cunt of it 

He made a cunt of hiring Glass. Didn't have a HoR in place giving Glass a free pass at last summers transfer window. Shambles. Then hired somebody conpletely inexperienced at doing the DoF role. 

I get your point about the others making a cunt of it. But who put them in the position to make a cunt of it? Cormack.