Summer 2022 Transfer Window

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Definitely Red John

Same mantra about Goodwin in every post

Middle name is John. other than that though no connection.

Maybe i just have higher expectations for my club than hiring a manager that has done absolutely nothing of note in his managerial career. I respect everyones opinion though, and if people are happy with a mediocre manager then good for them

2 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

You are what is known in the trade as a bell end. If you think ANY manager would have got a better tune out of that squad of mismatched lazy uninterested wasters you are very much deluded or mistaken. 

That squad Goodwin inherited was one of the worst ever assembled in Aberdeen's history. Goodwin may have said he'll sort out the defence, sadly you can't sort out individual errors that is on the player not the management. 

To be fair, if Barry Robson had remained in charge till end of the season, we’d have finished comfortably in the top 6 and probably in Europe.

In my opinion, of course.

Which doesn’t say a lot about how the season played out for Goodwin.

However, it does appear that Goodwin did a Terry Butcher on day 1 and filleted the majority of the squad, the only difference being, he got away with it by the skin of his teeth. So we can only hope that now he’s cleared the decks of the shit, he can put his grande plan into action.

We watch. And we wait 

2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Maybe i just have higher expectations for my club than hiring a manager that has done absolutely nothing of note in his managerial career. I respect everyones opinion though, and if people are happy with a mediocre manager then good for them

I agree that the heavy handed approach didn't work when he came in.  But the team were dreadful all season so I'm not surprised that enough of them didn't get behind him to give him a bounce.  Half of them are shite and the ones that are good had their eye on the exit door anyway.

Speculating whether Glass would have mustered another win or two is missing the point though.  Whilst Glass' win record is slightly better his defeat record was worse so its splitting hairs really.

Summer signings and early results will give us a pretty good indication how this will play out.  I suspect that it will all end with our manager and Chairman having a massive fall out.

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I think you've got far too high expectations of Aberdeen FC. We're a nothing club in world football. We're hardly even a relevant club in Scotland over the past 20 years, so how do you expect us to a) afford and b) tempt a manager who's "done something of note" in their career?!  Unless you're talking about "guiding a shite team to a good position" which I think Goodwin did with St Mirren and Alloa. If you're talking about trophies, then unless its Callum Davidson, we'd struggle to find anyone who's won much as manager that would be willing to come to us. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I agree that the heavy handed approach didn't work when he came in.  But the team were dreadful all season so I'm not surprised that enough of them didn't get behind him to give him a bounce.  Half of them are shite and the ones that are good had their eye on the exit door anyway.

Speculating whether Glass would have mustered another win or two is missing the point though.  Whilst Glass' win record is slightly better his defeat record was worse so its splitting hairs really.

Summer signings and early results will give us a pretty good indication how this will play out.  I suspect that it will all end with our manager and Chairman having a massive fall out.

I actually don't want him to fail, i'm a dons fan and love the club and want nothing more than to see a succesful team.

Just can't see Goodwin being the man to achieve that. Would be hugely surprised if he sees out next season,

But... i truly hope i'm proved wrong and he's still here because he's got us back to the right end of the table, back into Europe and competing well in the cups. I'd be more than happy to eat humble pie if this was the case.

26 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Coming from the man who spent days repeating the same shit over and over about Ross McRorie ??. Someone who detests the fact we have hun supporters in our team but isn't fussed about our manager attending Cetlic games with his son.

No I never. Fabricated shite.

Just keep repeating the same shit over and over, not making yourself look like a mong at all.

3 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I actually don't want him to fail, i'm a dons fan and love the club and want nothing more than to see a succesful team.

Just can't see Goodwin being the man to achieve that. Would be hugely surprised if he sees out next season,

But... i truly hope i'm proved wrong and he's still here because he's got us back to the right end of the table, back into Europe and competing well in the cups. I'd be more than happy to eat humble pie if this was the case.

Repeated the same shit again. You are trolling now, I’m convinced.

7 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Repeated the same shit again. You are trolling now, I’m convinced.

I have a different opinion to you so i'm a troll?

Simple question, are you happy to have a Celtic supporting manager that takes his son to Celtic games while manager of Aberdeen? Should be an easy answer for you based on your McRorie views?

8 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

If you could only pick one, would you rather have: 

1. Jim Goodwin fired tomorrow or 

2. Zerouali comes back from the dead like Jason Voorhees in Friday the 13th Part IV?

Much as i would love Zero to come back from the dead, it would have to be option 1.

Allow a new manager to come in before Goodwin spends any money.

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I have a different opinion to you so i'm a troll?

Simple question, are you happy to have a Celtic supporting manager that takes his son to Celtic games while manager of Aberdeen? Should be an easy answer for you based on your McRorie views?

No, you repeat the same shit over and over, posted about 4 times in a couple of hours that you don’t think Goodwin is the man for the job, we get it. Incredibly boring.

Where was Goodwin sitting? Did he celebrate the Celtic goals? Is his son a Celtic fan who wanted to go to the game? Was he disrespecting Aberdeen and singing Celtic songs? I have nae idea of the answer to any of these so I’d form an opinion when I knew. No idea what that has to do with the fact you post the same shit over and over but whatever rocks your boat. 

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc
2 hours ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

No pant pishing here, it's just major apathy I have nothing but pure apathy toward afc

That’ll be the reason you’re on here posting daily drivel on the premier AFC chat site  

12 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Much as i would love Zero to come back from the dead, it would have to be option 1.

Allow a new manager to come in before Goodwin spends any money.

You and slippers if not actually puppet accounts for Red John are cut from exactly the same putrid weasily cloth. He spent the last 6 years of McInnes tenure on Ab Mad revelling in poor results to suit his agenda re him being sacked on the deluded premise that we would then bring in some pie in the sky replacement.

Wishing ill on Aberdeen just to suit your agenda because you didn’t want Goodwin in the first place. What a pair of absolute plums.

Ab Mad definitely the place for you.

3 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

No, you repeat the same shit over and over, posted about 4 times in a couple of hours that you don’t think Goodwin is the man for the job, we get it. Incredibly boring.

Where was Goodwin sitting? Did he celebrate the Celtic goals? Is his son a Celtic fan who wanted to go to the game? Was he disrespecting Aberdeen and singing Celtic songs? I have nae idea of the answer to any of these so I’d form an opinion when I knew. No idea what that has to do with the fact you post the same shit over and over but whatever rocks your boat. 

I'll continue to post what i think, which is that Goodwin is a shit manager. If you find it boring then don't read it.

6 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

You and slippers if not actually puppet accounts for Red John are cut from exactly the same putrid weasily cloth. He spent the last 6 years of McInnes tenure on Ab Mad revelling in poor results to suit his agenda re him being sacked on the deluded premise that we would then bring in some pie in the sky replacement.

Wishing ill on Aberdeen just to suit your agenda because you didn’t want Goodwin in the first place. What a pair of absolute plums.

Ab Mad definitely the place for you.

Thing is i don't revel in Aberdeen getting poor results. I want nothing more than the dons to be a success on and off the park. Where have i actually wished ill on Aberdeen?

1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Vaclav Jurecka, Czech striker out of contract with with FK Slovacko. He has various options however from other teams in Czech league and a lucrative offer from an Israeli team. .

Jonathan Okita, out of contract 25 year old striker/winger, Congo international at Nijmegen. Again he has various other options and looks like he could hold out to see if interest from Engish championship results in a firm offer. 

If Ferguson does get sold expect an offer to be made for Connor Coventry midfielder at West Ham who has been playing for MK Dons on loan since Jan. 

Also, Jacob Davenport is still a player of interest. 

Signed davenport for us on FM. Good on his day but cost me 2 games with straight red cards so punted him to Hibs following season.