Summer 2022 Transfer Window

4 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

I see there’s a Graham Hunter interview with Goodwin being aired tomorrow night with summer recruitment  being one of the main topics.  Wonder if the Albanian will be announced before the interview goes out. 

“We’ve identified some really good players”.

“I can promise you, the recruitment team are working all the hours to get them over the line”.

I expect those two to get an airing tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If we take in £4M for Ramsay, £1M for McKenna and a few dollas for Ramirez we certainly wont need the money and it'll be a purely football decision

He has to go unfortunately. We are a selling club and part of the new philosophy is to get the best out of our players for 2/3 seasons and sell on and repeat the process. No way we can keep a player that clearly wants to go for abother 2 seasons. Needs to be top dollar though. 

1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

I think Ferguson now is better than Jack was when he left, and has a higher ceiling.

Folk don't appreciate him either.

I said he was our best earlier and didn't see any support.  He's the best we have, and when he goes he'll be missed for what he did provide. 

19 minutes ago, slippers said:

He has to go unfortunately. We are a selling club and part of the new philosophy is to get the best out of our players for 2/3 seasons and sell on and repeat the process. No way we can keep a player that clearly wants to go for abother 2 seasons. Needs to be top dollar though. 

If the offers say low for fergs I'd say offer him the best wage on the team to extend. 2 million transfer offers should be an indication to him that he might be better of staying. 

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

I see there’s a Graham Hunter interview with Goodwin being aired tomorrow night with summer recruitment  being one of the main topics.  Wonder if the Albanian will be announced before the interview goes out. 

Was listening to that ABZ podcast earlier today. The season summary episode. It was a depressing listen but Hunter was their guest on it (and has been a few times) He was critical of the club setup not having the head of recruitment in place for Glass and also said Goodwin coming in and clearing decks was exactly what we were needing

Currently rumoured to be interested in:

Defenders: Chey Dunkley and Charles Dunne.

Midfielders: Chiedozie Ogbene, Jamie McGrath, Connor Ronan, Alan Forrest, Elliott Watt, an unnamed Dutch player, Sadou Diallo, Regan Charles-Cook, Ramadani (not confirmed yet), Bernardo Rosa & Nathan Holland.

Forwards: Reuven Neimeijer and a Austrian Bundesliga 2 striker.

Goalkeepers: Siegrest, Hladky, Joshua Rae and Oscar Linner.

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’d be another unhappy player who won’t want to be here. 

His family won’t be back.
He won’t be happy if he’s not seeing them & they’re in America. 

For sure, shame really.

First half of the season he gave us a decent return & just seemed so positive. Very disappointing to see the change in him.

And he's all about his family, won't want to be away from them.

8 hours ago, minijc said:

It looks like he can read a game well, tackle, pass and shoot so of course some of our fans will hate this and demand we sign a former player that couldn't do any of those things well. 

Shinnie gave us an energy and drive we’ve sorely missed since he left. Oh and his shooting seemed fine when he scored that peach in our first win at snake mountain in 25 years ?

11 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Midfielders: Chiedozie Ogbene, Jamie McGrath, Connor Ronan, Alan Forrest, Elliott Watt, an unnamed Dutch player, Sadou Diallo, Regan Charles-Cook, Ramadani (not confirmed yet), Bernardo Rosa & Nathan Holland.

About 2/3 of them have zero substance & are totally made up by folk on here.

They’re not even rumours really 

11 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Who would to have from these lot ?

Defo Seigrest or Hladky & Ronan and maybe Ogbene

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Agree. 
He’s been wanting away for a year.

We need to try & cash in this summer, & the sooner the better so we can up the ante with our recruitment. 

If he was an integral part of a successful team I’d want to keep him. But he’s a good player who wants away in a team who are fucking shite and just finished 10th. Get him sold and use the money for a more balanced team

17 minutes ago, Awayfromhomered said:

For sure, shame really.

First half of the season he gave us a decent return & just seemed so positive. Very disappointing to see the change in him.

And he's all about his family, won't want to be away from them.

How does everyone know his family are away?? Didn’t they only go home like 2 weeks before him for summer? I’ll leave it up to the weirdo social media stalkers to let me know 

9 minutes ago, NEM said:

Shinnie gave us an energy and drive we’ve sorely missed since he left. Oh and his shooting seemed fine when he scored that peach in our first win at snake mountain in 25 years ?

Some fine strikes against the Cypriot team and at macdermid park springing to mind too. An absolutely brilliant player for us. Find it weird when guys like him get slated. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, minijc said:

Jack was a bigger miss, at least he could pass a ball.

Put the rod away, Jack was fucking shite for us ?

When Shinnie was out of the side we struggled, whereas results improved when the hun rodent was missing 

10 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

How does everyone know his family are away?? Didn’t they only go home like 2 weeks before him for summer? I’ll leave it up to the weirdo social media stalkers to let me know 

Some fine strikes against the Cypriot team and at macdermid park springing to mind too. An absolutely brilliant player for us. Find it weird when guys like him get slated. 

Mini clearly got an axe to grind with Shinnie, must have cost him an accumulator by failing to get booked (for once ?)

2 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

You do realise anyone can edit a Wikipedia page? Looks like we've been pipped by Kincorth amateurs' 11th hour bid though.

Screenshot-20220530-215022-Samsung-Inter

???

3 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Looks like we can rule out Siegrist (not that it was likely to happen imo). Apparently Preston, Blackpool and Celtic want him  

Was always a bit of a dodgy one as we'd end up paying a hugely inflated wage if we did land him. 

49 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

The unnamed Dutch player is the pick of the bunch. Meh for the rest. 

• Haha 3

Reckon we need rid of Ferguson, I think he has been wanting out for a while and it's dragging our teams motivation down, they don't seem to run or want to win, and there isn't a lot of fight in our midfield, Ferguson has a bit of fight but is trying to do several jobs at once. Sell him for 3 mil and let's move on.

As for shinnie, he had that drive but he is older and slower now, we have many good memories of him, and his passion is sorely missed in this team.

Jack is a hun cunt, he always was and always will be, no way do we take him back, I celebrated seeing him go tbh.