Summer 2022 Transfer Window

6 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Hate to break it to you but the player close to signing is Charles Dunne.

Hard to believe the Dons would offer and Saints would accept an offer in May.

I dont think its him but if he is a target surely far more likely to drag on all summer with us saying he's worth £100k and Saints claiming it should be £500k

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Hard to believe the Dons would offer and Saints would accept an offer in May.

I dont think its him but if he is a target surely far more likely to drag on all summer with us saying he's worth £100k and Saints claiming it should be £500k

Goodwin says he wants players no older than 28. Dunne is 29. That's my theory and i'm sticking to it ?  

In fairness, Goodwin is going to say every signing will excite the fans isn't he? He's not going to say our next signing is a carthorse and the fans will hate it ?  

33 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I believe the lad Jack Tucker is a left sided CH, from Gillingham. Been linked a wee while now so could be him. 

Highly thought of and has a few suitors but no doubt because Gillingham aren't great folk will cry he's not VVD. 

That would be my guess. 

Unfortunately I think it’ll be Charles Dunne.

Really hope it isn’t, because if that is a player that JG says “will excite the fans” then it doesn’t bode well for next season.

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Really hope it isn’t, because if that is a player that JG says “will excite the fans” then it doesn’t bode well for next season.

Absolutely no chance! This player simply has to be be of good pedigree or he’s already putting himself under even more pressure. It’s hard to imagine what kind of CB would excite the fans in all honesty. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Doesn't fit the quoted age range and was injured half the season so I dont see it.

It's more likely to be another Hernandez/Ramadani that comes in with 10-20 international caps and costing a transfer fee.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

How would a left sided centre half from abroad excite the fans? Unless it's Alaba or from a top European side we are going to know fuck all about them. Like Ylber. 

If we hypothetically spent 1m on a Ecuadorian CB im pretty sure a few fans would have a level of excitement about them. Certainly had a level of excitement when we signed Hernandez and knew absolutely nothing about him.

So was it 11 or 12 players he said he told in February that they would not be part of his long term plans? That's pretty wild... and potentially wasnt fully necessary at that point.

So definitely Ojo, McGeouch, Considine, Ruth, Devlin, JET and Brown. But thats only 7.

Possibly Jenks and Montgomery but that was hardly earth shattering news delivery when they play for Brighton and Celtic. Possibly 7,8 or 9.

So certainly a few still at the club in the squad of 17.

23 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

How would a left sided centre half from abroad excite the fans? Unless it's Alaba or from a top European side we are going to know fuck all about them. Like Ylber. 

I don’t think signing any centre half would excite fans. A good attacking player would excite fans not a centre half 

9 minutes ago, slippers said:

If we hypothetically spent 1m on a Ecuadorian CB im pretty sure a few fans would have a level of excitement about them. Certainly had a level of excitement when we signed Hernandez and knew absolutely nothing about him.

Suppose but because of the fiasco with Hernandez majority would be wary until they've seen them play. Suppose we will soon find out.... Nice of them to announce it.?