Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 minute ago, Dave Bus said:

St mirren wanting 350k for Charles dunne lol. Think this puts to bed any chat of him coming here.

Thankfully!

1 hour ago, Helmet said:

They will do the due diligence and of course with the SFA there to offer full support to all our clubs they'll get it all sorted smoothly enough I'm sure.

The SFA have an excellent track record on this sort of thing - they nearly always, certainly most of the time , don't deliberately fuck about with, impede, cheat, behave with extreme bias or completely cock up due to gross incompetence.

I mean it's not likely they've been taken to court and proved to have deliberately mishandled player registrations right? Have they?

I wasn't talking about the SFA to be fair but aye, fair point.

I still don't expect our recrtuiment team to pursue foreign players to this extent, without knowing the Visa details and being confident about it.

17 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Gallagher? 

Bates is a far bigger bomb scare from what I can tell and have witnessed.

Na not a chance, Bates is far better than Gallagher. Shown in the last game of the season, when next to consi he was rock solid - until Gallagher came on and then turned to ratshit.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/sport/football/jim-goodwin-aberdeen-defensive-signing-27138383?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

if we sign dunne the club should be getting pelters!! Hopefully the fee has put dimwit Goodwin off. Can you imagine if we pay like 250-300k for him ?

There is not a chance we will pay that for him, when we can wait 4 months and get him for free.

interestingly I was looking at transfermkt and noticed Murray Wallace is free from Millwall - 29, left footed ch….. wages will be an issue, but could be our mystery man

2 minutes ago, mike1234 said:

There is not a chance we will pay that for him, when we can wait 4 months and get him for free.

interestingly I was looking at transfermkt and noticed Murray Wallace is free from Millwall - 29, left footed ch….. wages will be an issue, but could be our mystery 

Well hopefully he's nae where near the club now or in 4 months time. 

11 minutes ago, mike1234 said:

Na not a chance, Bates is far better than Gallagher. Shown in the last game of the season, when next to consi he was rock solid - until Gallagher came on and then turned to ratshit.

This is the same Bates who makes the same basic errors every game, the same Bates who gives away numerous free kicks every game as he gets far too close to his man, gets turned and he has no option but to pull him down or put hands on him. The same Bates who cannot pass worth a fuck. 

Sorry but Gallagher for me. Maybe it's a bit like deciding which testicle you need to keep if you had to lose one.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Whether we like it or not, Dunne is a genuine serious transfer target. JG likes his pace. Don’t think we will pay 350 tho. That will be the stumbling block.

If Charles dunne is the exciting centre half signing he was talking about the other night Goodwin clearly doesn’t know the Aberdeen fans ?

40 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Whether we like it or not, Dunne is a genuine serious transfer target. JG likes his pace. Don’t think we will pay 350 tho. That will be the stumbling block.

Thanks for the heads up, thought he'd have signed 2 weeks ago? 

50 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Bates did well for half a game.

They're both hopeless and both need to be replaced. 

One is like a baby Bambi on ice, the other is completely disinterested. 

If we are to progress, instead of continuing to regress, we need to get rid of these two for starters. I know David Bates has 3 years left on his contract but I'm sure the software genius with his astronomical level of business acumen will be able to negotiate a satisfactory pay-off with him. 

47 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

This is the same Bates who makes the same basic errors every game, the same Bates who gives away numerous free kicks every game as he gets far too close to his man, gets turned and he has no option but to pull him down or put hands on him. The same Bates who cannot pass worth a fuck. 

Sorry but Gallagher for me. Maybe it's a bit like deciding which testicle you need to keep if you had to lose one.

If you read Goodwin's comments in the Retard it looks like he views Bates as the starting partner for this left sided incoming CH. Says he feels sorry for Bates having to play on the left side last season as a right footer and consequently why we didn't see the best of him. 

I suppose with only a year left on Gallagher's contract there is a bit of sense to it, tbf Gallagher would be a reasonable back up but doubt he'll be too happy with it

£350k for Dunne should hopefully be the end of that rumour. Never worth that much money and the wages that transfer fee would command along with it.

The way Goodwin was speaking in his interview with Hunter made it sound like he was putting Bates poor form down to often playing as the left sided CB. I won’t be surprised if we see him starting the season as our first choice right sided CB. I would say we need 2 new starting CB’s though. 

11 minutes ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

What even happened to Liam Lindsay? He seemed to disappear so totally from the radar a while ago that I started to believe he was just a PsyOp started by Partick Thistle fans.

Signed for Preston last season. They paid a fee. He won’t be coming here anytime soon.