Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 hour ago, For Fecks Sake said:

You should try getting out more, there is a whole world to explore and do exciting things in as opposed to pishing your pants daily on a football forum about who we are are going to sign or what game our manager has been at lately.

While I will always support Aberdeen, I have also learned that football, especially Scottish football, is nae worth getting your (wife's) knickers in a twist about.

Why do so many feel the need to exaggerate how they think everyone else is feeling about the club? ?

You paint these imaginary scenarios in your mind & just run with it ?

when folk are pissed off with their club they can voice said opinions without it meaning to the extent folk like you believe it has them feeling in your mind ?

it’s like you have this desperate need to feel more sensible & less bothered as it’s just trivial. A self created arrogance & self importance ? 

The fact you feel the need to voice such on others opinions shows this in spades ?

I have traveled & worked all over the world, lived in 3 different countries & 2 continents. I ‘get out’ plenty & am perfectly content with my life as a whole. Football is just a hobby. ?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Parklife said:

Yup. The revisionism from some folk is hilarious. 

Ramirez was, and still is, a very good striker at our level. One we'll really struggle to replace. 

I’m not convinced we would struggle.

When Rooney left, we replaced him easily enough.

When Cosgrove left, we replaced him easily enough..

The only reason for us struggling to replace Ramirez would be if the recruitment team reckon a Main, Wilson, May etc type was the answer. Certainly wouldn’t be because the right player isn’t out there.

7 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

Get the feeling that this can’t be the left centre back signing that Goodwin was talking about? It’s like this is a new development? 

I think this is the one he was talking about. He was referring to the deal being done by probably the beginning of this week. I suspect they thought it would be. 

He's not really helped himself if yiu read the Burns article. According to that we are looking at 5 players in Scales, McGrath, Dunne, Ronan and Hladky. 4 of which he's signed previously. So much for searching far and wide and no more lazy recruitment. 80% of the transfer rumours are exactly that. It's like McInnes is back in the building ?

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I think this is the one he was talking about. He was referring to the deal being done by probably the beginning of this week. I suspect they thought it would be. 

He's not really helped himself if yiu read the Burns article. According to that we are looking at 5 players in Scales, McGrath, Dunne, Ronan and Hladky. 4 of which he's signed previously. So much for searching far and wide and no more lazy recruitment. 80% of the transfer rumours are exactly that. It's like McInnes is back in the building ?

4 of those be decent signings tbf so long as the Tim’s not a loan.

Dunne can get in the bin though

Dosnt look good does it. Can only assume the papers are clutching at straws or we are in for a tough season again.

14 minutes ago, NEM said:

4 of those be decent signings tbf so long as the Tim’s not a loan.

Dunne can get in the bin though

If they were on permanent contracts then fair enough. But of the 4 thwt would be decent additions 3 would be on loan in all liklihood. All we are then doing is kicking the can further down the road. 

We have a HoR so you can't seriously tell me he can't source better that we can get permanently? Maybe he can't. 

22 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

If they were on permanent contracts then fair enough. But of the 4 thwt would be decent additions 3 would be on loan in all liklihood. All we are then doing is kicking the can further down the road. 

We have a HoR so you can't seriously tell me he can't source better that we can get permanently? Maybe he can't. 

Seem to be stocking up on CM’s again. Ronan, McGrath and the Albanian boy, is any of them a creative spark we desperately need? 

3 minutes ago, slippers said:

Seem to be stocking up on CM’s again. Ronan, McCart and the Albanian boy, is any of them a creative spark we desperately need? 

Ronan can play right wing I'm sure and I've seen McCarthy play on the left, either would be ideal as a number 10 which is something we really need.

Reading this, i'm finding it so hard to not to let my feelings for Goodwin spill out. Surely he doesn't see 4 St Mirren / ex-St Mirren players and a loan from Celtic as the way forward. Which one of those 5 is the one thats going to get us all really excited?

10 minutes ago, minijc said:

Ronan can play right wing I'm sure and I've seen McCarthy play on the left, either would be ideal as a number 10 which is something we really need.

I’m not convinced on Ronan or McGrath but they are better than what we have so I guess that’s something. 

6 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Reading this, i'm finding it so hard to not to let my feelings for Goodwin spill out. Surely he doesn't see 4 St Mirren / ex-St Mirren players and a loan from Celtic as the way forward. Which one of those 5 is the one thats going to get us all really excited?

Hopefully get a few foreign players on top of that which will excite the fans a bit more as I agree it doesn’t  look ideal. 

8 minutes ago, minijc said:

Ronan would probably be Ferguson's replacement and McGrath would be the number 10 i'd think. I do worry still about the creativity though. I don't think either of those 2 answer the lack of creativity. McGrath is a penalty machine. And he's been picking splinters out of his arse for 6 months. 

6 minutes ago, slippers said:

Seem to be stocking up on CM’s again. Ronan, McCart and the Albanian boy, is any of them a creative spark we desperately need? 

Ferguson is likely to leave this summer. We've recently released Scott Brown, McGeouch and Ojo. Dean Campbell looks set to leave on loan.

We've badly needed an enforcer type which Ramadani supposedly is.

We've not had an attacking midfielder really since Christie and McLean left several years ago. Ronan and/or McGrath would both be a good signing and exactly what we currently need.

I'm also fully behind the Scales signing especially if we can get him permanently. A young left sided defender is desperately needed.

With Kennedy and McLennan potentially leaving I'm hopefully we'll sign a winger or two.

28 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Ronan would probably be Ferguson's replacement and McGrath would be the number 10 i'd think. I do worry still about the creativity though. I don't think either of those 2 answer the lack of creativity. McGrath is a penalty machine. And he's been picking splinters out of his arse for 6 months. 

Ronan is hearts bound I think going by what it says online.

30 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Given we need about 10 or so players, would anyone be surprised if some of that number were players that Goodwin knows from coaching them before? 

Nothing wrong with nailing down a few signings that he trusts. It's common sense not to take a risk with every single one.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Ferguson is likely to leave this summer. We've recently released Scott Brown, McGeouch and Ojo. Dean Campbell looks set to leave on loan.

We've badly needed an enforcer type which Ramadani supposedly is.

We've not had an attacking midfielder really since Christie and McLean left several years ago. Ronan and/or McGrath would both be a good signing and exactly what we currently need.

I'm also fully behind the Scales signing especially if we can get him permanently. A young left sided defender is desperately needed.

With Kennedy and McLennan potentially leaving I'm hopefully we'll sign a winger or two.

Where has it been reported Kennedy is potentially leaving? Goodwin likes him.

This place is awful for folk just making shit up.

• Upvote 2