Summer 2022 Transfer Window

28 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Where has it been reported Kennedy is potentially leaving? Goodwin likes him.

This place is awful for folk just making shit up.

Never claimed to be ITK nor did I make anything up.

I asked Minijc on the 15th of May if Kennedy was definitely leaving. His reply, "I believe so, yeah." 

He seems to think he might be leaving this summer. Hence why I said, "potentially".

13 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Why do so many feel the need to exaggerate how they think everyone else is feeling about the club? ?

You paint these imaginary scenarios in your mind & just run with it ?

when folk are pissed off with their club they can voice said opinions without it meaning to the extent folk like you believe it has them feeling in your mind ?

it’s like you have this desperate need to feel more sensible & less bothered as it’s just trivial. A self created arrogance & self importance ?

The fact you feel the need to voice such on others opinions shows this in spades ?

I have traveled & worked all over the world, lived in 3 different countries & 2 continents. I ‘get out’ plenty & am perfectly content with my life as a whole. Football is just a hobby. ?

I get it but by fuck you come across as a right moaning faced cunt with nothing positive or good to say about Aberdeen ever!

Just gets a tad tiresome and boring all the negativity you post.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Reading some of the responses to "paper talk and rumours" I feel for all the North East based GP's they're gonna be busy.

The euphoria followed by the extreme negativity of "he's shite" "not good enough" "good enough for St Mirren not Aberdeen" "lazy signing" or God forbid "not exciting enough, Jim used the word exciting" is gonna be golden. 

Stocking up on popcorn in anticipation. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Broken_Glass said:

Reading some of the responses to "paper talk and rumours" I feel for all the North East based GP's they're gonna be busy.

The euphoria followed by the extreme negativity of "he's shite" "not good enough" "good enough for St Mirren not Aberdeen" "lazy signing" or God forbid "not exciting enough, Jim used the word exciting" is gonna be golden. 

Dunelm will do a roaring trade in new bedding tho.

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Give it a rest! You go on and on. People are aloud to have an opinion which can be good or bad based on what’s being reported. 

5 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Given we need about 10 or so players, would anyone be surprised if some of that number were players that Goodwin knows from coaching them before? 

Exactly this.

Anyone complaining about us going for the likes of Ronan or McGrath should take a look at the options we have currently available in the squad.

I'd say both are better than McLennan or Kennedy for examples.

we're aren't going to be able to just build a top 3 side in one window- right now we need to improve the options and balance in the squad and then hopefully keep adding to it.

• Upvote 4
14 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Exactly this.

Anyone complaining about us going for the likes of Ronan or McGrath should take a look at the options we have currently available in the squad.

we're aren't going to be able to just build a top 3 side in one window- right now we need to improve the options and balance in the squad and then hopefully keep adding to it.

Get to fuck with this sensible chat! You need to remember who your audience is.

• Haha 10
5 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Exactly this.

Ronan or McGrath???

Or we could go back to Jenks and Jet. I ken who I'm more excited/optimistic about. Plus the gaffer has a proven record of getting those players to perform and standout in the SPL.

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Exactly this.

Not disputing that Ronan and McGrath would be good signings... Hladky also wouldn't be a bad signing. Scales too if its permanent. 

Its more about the fact that Goodwin said in his interview last week...

"We spoke about lazy recruitment – it's very easy to sign players from teams that you play against in your own league. I'm not saying we won't do that because sometimes it's worthwhile.

"But we have to be willing to go into Europe and South America. Ireland has been great for me too at St Mirren – there's no doubt about that.

"We have to broaden our horizons and that's something we're working hard on."

Surely then targetting 4 ex or current St Mirren players and a potential loan from Celtic is the epitome of lazy recruitment?

• Upvote 3

Assume the Albino will be announced once their current round of games are over - will he be our first signing - after June 13th?

Surely we will have signed someone by then, especially with the amount of players we need?

When do we travel to Spain - we need the signings in before then!

18 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Not disputing that Ronan and McGrath would be good signings... Hladky also wouldn't be a bad signing. Scales too if its permanent. 

Its more about the fact that Goodwin said in his interview last week...

"We spoke about lazy recruitment – it's very easy to sign players from teams that you play against in your own league. I'm not saying we won't do that because sometimes it's worthwhile.

"But we have to be willing to go into Europe and South America. Ireland has been great for me too at St Mirren – there's no doubt about that.

"We have to broaden our horizons and that's something we're working hard on."

Surely then targetting 4 ex or current St Mirren players and a potential loan from Celtic is the epitome of lazy recruitment?

Not if they're good players.