Summer 2022 Transfer Window

14 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

Starting to  agree and think this will be a bit of a underwhelming or disappointing transfer window 

Forrest to the diets , RCC to Belgium 
they would have been decent signings 

whatever happened to the rumour of the Icelandic full back and midfielder we were looking at 

as I recall a couple of them did play well against us , but that wouldn’t fit the new strategy ?

bed still dry … for now ??

I wasn't being serious though...

I think we can all admit by now that this upcoming window is going to be a massive let down.

We will sign some players but they're not going to be anything special, nothing to get us excited as Goodwin claimed last week.

We'll sign a few current or ex St Mirren players, a couple of players from abroad that we've not heard of, take a loan from Celtic and a couple of loans from lower end EPL Clubs before the deadline and that'll be the extent of it.

Be prepared for a long, hard slog in the season ahead.

22 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I think we can all admit by now that this upcoming window is going to be a massive let down.

We will sign some players but they're not going to be anything special, nothing to get us excited as Goodwin claimed last week.

We'll sign a few current or ex St Mirren players, a couple of players from abroad that we've not heard of, take a loan from Celtic and a couple of loans from lower end EPL Clubs before the deadline and that'll be the extent of it.

Be prepared for a long, hard slog in the season ahead.

I’m glad you’re not in The Samaritans 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I thought Mackenzie was vastly improved during the last two home games of the season.

I had been very negative on him prior to that.

Not giving up on him yet but he is part of the problem given that all our defenders and keepers were performing consistently at bottom 6 or below standard last season.

It's a big challenge to lift that back line without signing 3-4 new first picks.

Apart from Barron he felt to me the only player in the last few games who was trying to take things by the scruff of the neck. Happy for him to be our starting left back next season and give him that chance.

10 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

I dont think anyone in their right mind would want sign for us,we've become a joke.

What? Not a single person in world football would want to sign for us? Well in that case we have to pack it in now. Time to wind down the club and find new teams to support because apparently not a single player on the entire planet would want to sign for us.

Deary me fellas.

• Upvote 1

Jack Mackenzie definitely can be good enough to start for us, last season was his break out year and was disrupted by injuries. He's obviously no Ramsay or Barron, but he doesn't need to be to be good for us. Still got potential to improve, and I like his effort. Not bad going forward either.

Hayes was far better further up the pitch, can't forget how dodgy defensively he was but he also seemed to struggle to get forward when he played LB. He'd bomb all the way up the pitch and make a shite cross or lose the ball, presumably due to tiredness. Whereas he'd be good when playing at winger.

Ramadani sounds like it's close, but where are we at regarding a goalkeeper? Rumours about Siegrist, Zander Clark, Hladky have all died down and I've not heard a word about Oscar Linnér (the most exciting) since he was first mentioned.