Summer 2022 Transfer Window

33 minutes ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

What? Not a single person in world football would want to sign for us? Well in that case we have to pack it in now. Time to wind down the club and find new teams to support because apparently not a single player on the entire planet would want to sign for us.

Deary me fellas.

I said anyone in their right mind.

There's lots of Dumbo's who will.?

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

On the face of it, seems like a decent signing. 
I imagine JG sees him sitting in front of the back 4.

It might mean Ross McCrorie starts at RB? 
I don’t think he is technically good enough to play midfield. 

The issue with playing McCrorie at RB is we will need to really nail our signings further up the pitch because he won't give us whst Ramsay gave us going forward. He'll be much more solid defensively. But Goodwin did say in his interviews he likes his fullbacks pushing forward. McCrorie isn't that type imo. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

The issue with playing McCrorie at RB is we will need to really nail our signings further up the pitch because he won't give us whst Ramsay gave us going forward. He'll be much more solid defensively. But Goodwin did say in his interviews he likes his fullbacks pushing forward. McCrorie isn't that type imo. 

Exactly. He isn’t good enough going forward to be the ‘expansive’, attacking full back Goodwin wants. 

1 minute ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Linked with Jacob Davenport again. Linked with him in January. Looks like another midfielder. No idea if he's more attack minded or not. Only played 12 times for Blackburn and you'd think he'd want a fairly hefty wedge. Look elsewhere Jimbo  

McGeouch, Ojo and Brown have left. Campbell has no future at the club and Ferguson will be leaving so we will need more midfielders.

No idea if this Davenport is any good.

2 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

McGeouch, Ojo and Brown have left. Campbell has no future at the club and Ferguson will be leaving so we will need more midfielders.

No idea if this Davenport is any good.

No idea either. Was at Man City and had a loan spell at Burton before going to Blackburn on a 4 yeae deal. They must have seen something in him. But he spent the majority of his first 2 seasons there out with serious injuries. 

5 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

No idea either. Was at Man City and had a loan spell at Burton before going to Blackburn on a 4 yeae deal. They must have seen something in him. But he spent the majority of his first 2 seasons there out with serious injuries. 

I'm surprised McInnes isn't trying to sign him for Kilmarnock with that kind of injury record ??

27 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Linked with Jacob Davenport again. Linked with him in January. Looks like another midfielder. No idea if he's more attack minded or not. Only played 12 times for Blackburn and you'd think he'd want a fairly hefty wedge. Look elsewhere Jimbo  

If he is attack minded then he's not very good. 

41 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

That's not new news, i put that on here a fortnight ago 

On 5/25/2022 at 10:57 AM, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Also, Jacob Davenport is still a player of interest. 

He was hampered by serious injury after his move from City but whilst he was out with injury others shone in his place so he couldn't get back in the team. Left footed box to box midfielder who has a bit of everything. If he stayed fit and got his confidence back playing week in week out he would be an outstanding player in our league. City had clause put in that they would have first option to get him back when he left for Blackburn that's how highly he was rated. 

I would also add that he is with the same agency as Considine and Barron who also had stories leaked to the same paper who are reporting the interest today. I think its fairly obvious who is feeding the stories to them and what they are trying to achieve. 

12 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

He was hampered by serious injury after his move from City but whilst he was out with injury others shone in his place so he couldn't get back in the team. Left footed box to box midfielder who has a bit of everything. If he stayed fit and got his confidence back playing week in week out he would be an outstanding player in our league. City had clause put in that they would have first option to get him back when he left for Blackburn that's how highly he was rated. 

Where have we heard that before with a Dons signing? 

52 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

According to this he’s a defensive midfielder. Also says he’s played CB and LB 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jacob-davenport/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/380914

25 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I would also add that he is with the same agency as Considine and Barron who also had stories leaked to the same paper who are reporting the interest today. I think its fairly obvious who is feeding the stories to them and what they are trying to achieve. 

I don't remember saying it was new news? Get off the ketamine induced horse you've found yourself on. It was reported on Twitter so i put it on here. It's a rumour forum after all and after some of the shite this forum has been subjected to then maybe people will appreciate an actual media reported rumour? 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

On the face of it, seems like a decent signing. 
I imagine JG sees him sitting in front of the back 4.

It might mean Ross McCrorie starts at RB? 
I don’t think he is technically good enough to play midfield. 

I'd say thats probably the shout; Barron, Ramdani and Ferguson midfield 3 with McCrorie punted to right back to improve the defence in comparison to Ramsay/Gurr/Ojo.

McGrath, Ronan or the 7th choice to be aligned with Fergie departure and probably not immediately priority