Summer 2022 Transfer Window

28 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

If we signed halalovic I would cum in my panties, would be an exceptional signing at our level.huge promise but didn’t live up to the hype, was technically brilliant at 18.Barca had high hopes for him, remember balague saying he was one of the best technicians for a young player in the league at that time

He is similar to JET in that he was blessed with great talent but whether it was because he was given too much too soon he doesn't have the hunger to make the most of it. His bad attitude and laziness means he will never become the player he could have been.

He will have continue to move between clubs annually as he plays 1 really good game in 8 but looks like he couldn't care less in the other 7. Definitely would not to fit into JG plans for playing high pressing football so I'd say this is a totally made up rumour. 

2 hours ago, NPRC said:

Anyone else heard talk of Alen Halilovic being on the verge of signing?

Not heard but that’s a blast from the past. Hadn’t realised he was at reading. I could get a bit excited about that 1 even though he is on a downward trajectory. Still a really good age if he could turn it around. 

41 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

If we signed halalovic I would cum in my panties, would be an exceptional signing at our level.huge promise but didn’t live up to the hype, was technically brilliant at 18.Barca had high hopes for him, remember balague saying he was one of the best technicians for a young player in the league at that time

People said that about JET too

Wenger told Arsenal TV Online.

"He works very hard to get his fitness right. When his fitness is right, Jay will be not only a good player, but a great player.

"One thing is for sure - he can score goals. That is a massive talent you cannot give to people, his right foot, left foot, he is unbelievable in front of goal.

"This guy is an unbelievable finisher, inside and outside of the box.

"He has outstanding qualities, he has the build you dream to have. It is down to how far he wants to go because he has big potential."

40 minutes ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

No chance this will happen. Also where did the rumour originate from.

Why not. For all his talent he's hardly set the heather on fire. 

This would be a punt. James Wilson esq. Should go for it as long as his place in the team isn't guaranteed and we also somebody proven to compete against him. 

41 minutes ago, minijc said:

No, the player I think that will sign arrived in the UK yesterday.

I assume you know who it is? Is it someone any of us will have heard of? Or one of the huge amounts of young players someone like Juve will send out on loan each season who may or may not have potential?

16 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Why not. For all his talent he's hardly set the heather on fire. 

This would be a punt. James Wilson esq. Should go for it as long as his place in the team isn't guaranteed and we also somebody proven to compete against him. 

Lol this lad is way more skillful than Wilson, I hope this has legs i really do but can't see it. But this rumour is no where to be seen so just wondered where it originated from. Or just a random name being banded about without any substance to it.

30 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I assume you know who it is? Is it someone any of us will have heard of? Or one of the huge amounts of young players someone like Juve will send out on loan each season who may or may not have potential?

I do not know, this didn't come from one of my usual sources, hence why I'm happy to post about it.

1 minute ago, Zorba said:

Heard that JG was looking to sign Paul McGinn before Hibs triggered his one year extension. They only triggered the extension to get a fee for him and we could him for a "nominal" fee.

Hoping this is BS.

Why would Goodwin sign a player he BINNED from St Mirren? 

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

Why would Goodwin sign a player he BINNED from St Mirren? 

Was he BINNED? Sounded like Goodwin wanted to keep him.... Goodwin's comments at the time of Hibs first interest -

“We don’t want to lose any players as our squad is very light. There’s been an enquiry and the ball is in Paul’s court. But we don’t want to lose anyone, especially someone as important as Paul has been to this club over the years.

“But we don’t want to keep a player that is unhappy. So we’ll see what comes of it.”

3 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Was he BINNED? Sounded like Goodwin wanted to keep him.... Goodwin's comments at the time of Hibs first interest -

“We don’t want to lose any players as our squad is very light. There’s been an enquiry and the ball is in Paul’s court. But we don’t want to lose anyone, especially someone as important as Paul has been to this club over the years.

“But we don’t want to keep a player that is unhappy. So we’ll see what comes of it.”

Plenty of St Mirren fans stating that they fell out and Goodwin made an example of him, McGinn had influence at the club which Goodwin didn't like.

9 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Aye. But you can't believe anything that lying cunt says. 

He has previous lying to fans remember. 

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

Plenty of St Mirren fans stating that they fell out and Goodwin made an example of him, McGinn had influence at the club which Goodwin didn't like.

Hibs paid a small fee for him did they not? 

I'm sure he'd also have made a bit more cash with Hibs than he was getting at St Mirren. If that's making an example of him then I doubt McGinn gives a flying fuck.

He's not the worst right back in the world and on a 2 year contract he'd be a steady enough, if unspectactular, affordable replacement for Ramsay that would allow us to concentrate on getting better quality in elsewhere. Our side will never be full of "stars", there'll always be a few journeymen in our team. Nevertheless.....I'd still prefer if the rumour was just precisely that...a rumour