Summer 2022 Transfer Window

50 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

He’s not good enough. Had he been born anywhere but Aberdeen you’d have been chipping in for the bus fare.

Well that’s not true, we don’t just hand any plonker a debut at 16. He’s got potential, just hasn’t realised it yet. Probably due to lack of consistent games. I’d keep him. Rather him as back up than say Ojo on 4-6k per week 

• Upvote 3
38 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

Thanks for your consideration. Where did I say he did anything wrong? He’s just not cut out to play for us.

When every second post is slating a young Aberdeen fan who might not quite make it with us but has been faultless in attitude. As I said, weirdo.

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Well that’s not true, we don’t just hand any plonker a debut at 16. He’s got potential, just hasn’t realised it yet. Probably due to lack of consistent games. I’d keep him. Rather him as back up than say Ojo on 4-6k per week 

When you think of some of the dross that's been preferred to him ...

Would be quite happy to see the reset button pushed on Campbell and the lad given a decent chance.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Without getting ahead of ourselves so early, is there any reason why we think the club will pull it out of the bag this transfer window? 

For the past 4 or 5 windows they have demonstrated a staggering level of incompetence in player assessment and recruitment. Why will it be any different this time round? 

With Mowbray on board i'd like to think we can identify a better standard of player. Whether "Gunner" can actually get these guys to sign? Different matter. Last summer should be forgotten about because Cormack gave Glass free reign. Biggest mistake ever. Need to hope we can pull signings off that really kick us on. 

7 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Without getting ahead of ourselves so early, is there any reason why we think the club will pull it out of the bag this transfer window? 

For the past 4 or 5 windows they have demonstrated a staggering level of incompetence in player assessment and recruitment. Why will it be any different this time round? 

Hope to f*ck we do as our recent track record in the January window is abysmal.

5 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

With Mowbray on board i'd pike to think we can identify a better standard of player. Whether "Gunner" can actually get these guys to sign? Different matter. Last summer should be forgotten about because Cormack gave Glass free reign. Biggest mistake ever. Need to hope we can pull signings off thwt really kick us on. 

You stupid boy

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

When you think of some of the dross that's been preferred to him ...

Would be quite happy to see the reset button pushed on Campbell and the lad given a decent chance.

Agree, reset button needed. Was speaking to two different people involved in the Kilmarnock first team and both said along the lines of his confidence is very low. No really surprising. Needs built back up.

2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Ones a CM and ones a winger so not sure what the thinking is there. 

They're not positionally like for like, but the "thinking" is Campbell's never really been given a chance and deserves a proper opportunity. Kennedy by contrast has had that opportunity and when not injured he's consistently under performed. Despite which Goodwin is talking him up for the season ahead. He's been the definition of a passenger during his time at Pittodrie.

12 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

With Mowbray on board i'd pike to think we can identify a better standard of player. Whether "Gunner" can actually get these guys to sign? Different matter. Last summer should be forgotten about because Cormack gave Glass free reign. Biggest mistake ever. Need to hope we can pull signings off thwt really kick us on. 

Yeah but it seems like there is always an excuse. 

In January we left ourselves weak by taking decision to hold fire, because we had fucked up in the previous January. 

In summer 2021 it was Stephen Glass's fault (lets ignore the fact Cormack appointed him). 

In January 2021 we just threw money at shite but apparently learnt our lession. 

In January 2020 the signing of Kennedy was McInnes fault - i can only assume the club had checked his record and knew he couldn't set up a goal to save his life, but didn't want to be seen to go against McInnes. 

Just get it right this time Dons. And Dave i could not give a shit if you go on to give an interview in October explaining how we just missed out on the next Messi. 

4 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Agree, reset button needed. Was speaking to two different people involved in the Kilmarnock first team and both said along the lines of his confidence is very low. No really surprising. Needs built back up.

Agree he's never really had a proper run of games but he's never really shown anything that makes me think he will ever be that good.

Look at Barron, he's shown it in bucket loads with a fraction of the games. Ramsay has shown he's very good attacking wise and Mackenzie has had the odd good game.

Think you could argue that MacLennan has shown more glimpses of a player who can do something but he's been absolutely terrible for ages now

1 minute ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Yeah but it seems like there is always an excuse. 

In January we left ourselves weak by taking decision to hold fire, because we had fucked up in the previous January. 

In summer 2021 it was Stephen Glass's fault (lets ignore the fact Cormack appointed him). 

In January 2021 we just threw money at shite but apparently learnt our lession. 

In January 2020 the signing of Kennedy was McInnes fault - i can only assume the club had checked his record and knew he couldn't set up a goal to save his life, but didn't want to be seen to go against McInnes. 

Just get it right this tine Dons. And Dave i could not give a shit if you go on to give an interview in October explaining how we just missed out on the next Messi. 

The January window is obviously a concern because Cormack has sold his 2 previous managers down the river with utterly shite transfer windows. 

1 hour ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Did we not hand craig storie a debut at 16 ?.

I would say campbell gets a lot more leeway on here than McLennan for example for some reason and they have both had as many good games for us as each other