Summer 2022 Transfer Window

11 minutes ago, thurso said:

Did we not hand craig storie a debut at 16 ?.

I would say campbell gets a lot more leeway on here than McLennan for example for some reason and they have both had as many good games for us as each other 

Come on now. McLennan gets more stick because he's a poorer footballer.

I'd also hazard a guess that McLennan has played considerably more games so the point about as many good games isn't in his favour.

Campbell contributed more goals than McLennan did this past season and he was on loan for half of it.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, thurso said:

Did we not hand craig storie a debut at 16 ?.

I would say campbell gets a lot more leeway on here than McLennan for example for some reason and they have both had as many good games for us as each other 

That's probably because most fans think McLennan is utter ding and will be slipping down the leagues before too long whereas Campbell has enough to make a decent fist of it full time in the top flight (just probably not going to work out at AFC)

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

That's probably because most fans think McLennan is utter ding and will be slipping down the leagues before too long whereas Campbell has enough to make a decent fist of it full time in the top flight (just probably not going to work out at AFC)

Neither of them are very good footballers and will both be slipping down the leagues before long. They’ve had their chances, we need to move dross like them both out ASAP.

23 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

Agreed. Some delusional posters on here. They know who they are.

I think the fact his dad posts on here skews some peoples opinions of him. If he’d not been from Aberdeen and a Dons fan he’d not get so much leeway.

He’s had a taste of the dream that I’m sure we’ve all had as Aberdeen fans, it’s just not worked out for him so it’s time to move on, for both his and the clubs good.

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Neither of them are very good footballers and will both be slipping down the leagues before long. They’ve had their chances, we need to move dross like them both out ASAP.

I think Campbell will prove you wrong and be a full time footballer for years to come.

9 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Come on now. McLennan gets more stick because he's a poorer footballer.

I'd also hazard a guess that McLennan has played considerably more games so the point about as many good games isn't in his favour.

Campbell contributed more goals than McLennan did this past season and he was on loan for half of it.

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I’m not saying McLennan is a good player as I was never his biggest fan and Campbell is a shit one as I actually hoped he make it for at Aberdeen but one of them has 18 caps for Scotland youth levels and one has 7 and none of them were in under 21 level. 

It’s said campbell hasn’t been given a chance but he’s played 70 odd games for the club has has hardly stood out where as Ferguson who is about the same age got in the team straight away took his chance and never looked back. You could say the same for Barron although with a lot less games.
It’s hard for a young player to get a game regularly never mind in the centre of the park but when he does he’s got to grab the chance with both hands and make the manager not leave him out I’m afraid Campbell has never done that. 

7 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

We'll have about 12 players left then. Great idea.

First things first, we need to sign some good additions and also replacements for Ramsay, Ferguson and probably Ramirez.

Then maybe we can think about pushing out fringe players like Campbell and McLennan and Kennedy.

Even then though, i think I'd be happier to see the highly paid mediocrity like Lewis and Gallagher pushed out before Campbell.

6 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I think the fact his dad posts on here skews some peoples opinions of him. If he’d not been from Aberdeen and a Dons fan he’d not get so much leeway.

He’s had a taste of the dream that I’m sure we’ve all had as Aberdeen fans, it’s just not worked out for him so it’s time to move on, for both his and the clubs good.

Conversely I think that's exactly why some dons fans on here give him so little leeway. 

I mean ffs we just had someone tell us Mclennan is better.

19 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Conversely I think that's exactly why some dons fans on here give him so little leeway. 

I mean ffs we just had someone tell us Mclennan is better.

I didn’t say he was better I said he gets it in the neck a lot more than campbell when they have both performed probably the same. 

But you want to get rid of Lewis and Gallagher and keep Campbell so where’s he going to play now goals or centre half to get a game 

39 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I think I was first to question it and I will again you sure your not Red John? He had a strong dislike of Campbell too. Obviously adding to the already discussed fact you post a lot of pish.

1 minute ago, thurso said:

I can’t think of either having 10 good games where I thought they should play next week from the start 

Campbell was excellent in the midweek away win at sevco a few seasons back. 

I think it's now obvious that he should have went out on loan a season sooner than he did but hindsight is a great thing. I suspect his long term future lies away from us but I'd have absolutely no problem with him seeing out his contract with us if he so desires. He'd still be a useful squad member.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Eugenefani said:

Genk latest team to express interest in Barron 

Hope we bend over backwards to extend his contract. Ramsay leaving is good business, he's our one player a season who we should move on with a view to a healthy profit and reinvestment. Ferguson should leave because his head's been turned and he (wrongly) feels hard done by. Barron i hope stays for at least another 12 months and when he moves on, it's not to Glasgow.

32 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

I think I was first to question it and I will again you sure your not Red John? He had a strong dislike of Campbell too. Obviously adding to the already discussed fact you post a lot of pish.

I don’t have a strong dislike of Campbell, he seems like a decent lad… he’s a dons fan living the dream. As a footballer though he’s not good enough.  

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Extend his contract by ay another 12 months & bump up the wages.

That way, at the end of NEXT season, he still has another 2 years left & we can potentially ask for a large fee, assuming he has another good season & is in demand.

Agree. Ramsay is going and likely Ferguson. We can't sell Barron as well, especially not at this moment in time when we haven't yet established if our recruitment team have a clue what the hell they are doing.

We'll end up like Dundee United after they flogged the family silver. 

10 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Agree. Ramsay is going and likely Ferguson. We can't sell Barron as well, especially not at this moment in time when we haven't yet established if our recruitment team have a clue what the hell they are doing.

We'll end up like Dundee United after they flogged the family silver. 

Except we won't have a trophy off the back of it. 

8 hours ago, thurso said:

You said Lewis and Gallagher pushed out and keep Campbell. So get rid of a goalie and centre half but keep a midfielder makes sense.  

Nope.

if you can't read it in context don't bother quoting me please.

It's not a particularly interesting debate and far worse when you just keep trying to twist peoples words.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Campbell was excellent in the midweek away win at sevco a few seasons back. 

I think it's now obvious that he should have went out on loan a season sooner than he did but hindsight is a great thing. I suspect his long term future lies away from us but I'd have absolutely no problem with him seeing out his contract with us if he so desires. He'd still be a useful squad member.

100% agree.  His versatility to play in a few different roles probably hindered his development also.  Would be quite happy to see him get a full preseason with Goodwin under his belt.  There is a very decent player in there somewhere.  

• Upvote 1