Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Just now, torry_battery_ram said:

Celtic have only signed Carter-Vickers and Rangers haven't signed anyone so far and those 2 clubs have much more money and group stage football to offer.

Most players are still on holiday and won't be in any rush.

Yes it would be nice for us to have our squad in place but considering our only 2 pre-season games to date are at the Highland League clubs Buckie and Brechin then surely it won't be a massive issue if we don't have our squad in place by the start of July

I guess we should all just #breathe 

3 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Celtic have only signed Carter-Vickers and Rangers haven't signed anyone so far and those 2 clubs have much more money and group stage football to offer.

Yes it would be nice for us to have our squad in place but considering our only 2 pre-season games to date are at the Highland League clubs Buckie and Brechin then surely it won't be a massive issue if we don't have our squad in place by the start of July

Our situation is very different from theirs. We released a hell of a lot of players and of those remaining, a good number are what you could consider to be squad players rather than first eleven.

In addition to which Ramsay's all but gone, Ferguson wants to leave and is likely to do so, there's real interest in Barron and Campbell's being talked about for Stockport on loan.

There's genuine cause for concern.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Neither Celtic or Rangers need to have as big a turnover of players as we do but fair enough.
We’ve 4 weeks until our first League Cup game, our only signing so far will be unlikely to take part in that as he’s not been even started his post season break due to internationals  but no panic.

pack up the thread, there's no point in continuing. Apparently nobody would want to sign for us. Ramadani away to rescind his contract, everyone else leaving because its a sinking ship etc.

Truth is very few if any of you know what is actually going on behind the scenes. I sure don't, and because we aren't moving as fast as other clubs with our signings you all appear to have decided that the only explanation for this is that not a single player on the globe would countenance coming to Aberdeen because the city is rubbish or because they wont be able to play in a couple of European games at the start of the season (which makes me wonder how any other side outside of European spots across continental Europe is able to make signings if that's the only draw), or whatever. Furthermore, this weird pathological desire for Goodwin to fail and Cormack to get shown up that some of you have has you dogpiling some of JG's comments because he set an aim that he's been unable to achieve as if its some kind of crime. I swear Derek 'two windows in advance' McInnes never got anywhere near half the shit that Goodwin has got for his transfer window related press comments.

It's just totally barmy and mind-numbingly irritating on here atm, or rather more so than usual. If we're going into our first competitive match and this is all the business we've managed to get done then fine, time to panic, questions need to be asked and all that jazz, but until then lets not do this.

Rant over, away for a beer. Enjoy the rest of your night gentlemen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7
6 minutes ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

pack up the thread, there's no point in continuing. Apparently nobody would want to sign for us. Ramadani away to rescind his contract, everyone else leaving because its a sinking ship etc.

Truth is very few if any of you know what is actually going on behind the scenes. I sure don't, and because we aren't moving as fast as other clubs with our signings you all appear to have decided that the only explanation for this is that not a single player on the globe would countenance coming to Aberdeen because the city is rubbish or because they wont be able to play in a couple of European games at the start of the season (which makes me wonder how any other side outside of European spots across continental Europe is able to make signings if that's the only draw), or whatever. Furthermore, this weird pathological desire for Goodwin to fail and Cormack to get shown up that some of you have has you dogpiling some of JG's comments because he set an aim that he's been unable to achieve as if its some kind of crime. I swear Derek 'two windows in advance' McInnes never got anywhere near half the shit that Goodwin has got for his transfer window related press comments.

It's just totally barmy and mind-numbingly irritating on here atm, or rather more so than usual. If we're going into our first competitive match and this is all the business we've managed to get done then fine, time to panic, questions need to be asked and all that jazz, but until then lets not do this.

One thing this thread has done is brought the shit to the surface so they can be blocked before the season starts  

This place is getting worse and worse with the amount of cretins and trolls posting.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

Not hearing Goodwin or Cormack take much if any flack. Folk are allowed to ask questions and right now those questions are merited. If we announce five quality signings on Monday we'll be hanging bunting. But as of right now we're not in a good place.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Not hearing Goodwin or Cormack take much if any flack. Folk are allowed to ask questions and right now those questions are merited. If we announce five quality signings on Monday we'll be hanging bunting. But as of right now we're not in a good place.

We can’t force players to sign for us FFS.  I genuinely believe that the club are working hard behind the scenes to get players in of a higher quality.  The challenge they have is we are also competing with loads of other clubs fishing in the same pools.  Even with us casting our net further afield other clubs will be doing exactly the same.   The mess that Goodwin inherited ain’t going to fixed in one transfers window so folk really need to show a bit of patience.  Goodwin was maybe a wee bit naive ( or season ticket sale time ) for saying that he wanted his signings in before preseason but that never happens for any team.  He was also convinced we were about to sign a LCH and for whatever reason  hasnt happened (yet).   Good players will be weighing up their options right now.  No decent player who has 3-4 clubs after him is going to sign for the first club who offers him a contract.   It’s the first day of the transfer window FFS, no need to panic just yet.  

Ryan Stevenson trying to make Hearts relevant I see.

Trying to start up the ‘turd force’ in Scottish football debate (or claiming there is no debate) & saying it’s a no brainier that Conner Ronan will pick Hearts over Aberdeen.

Does any other club get this cocky when they have their first 3rd place finish in the big league in years? ?

Are other clubs forcing players to sign for them? I'm seeing plenty of deals being done. The players on holiday in no hurry to sign and players mulling over their many, many options, criteria seems to apply only to us. The squad is threadbare, we need to be making signings now.

12 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Ryan Stevenson trying to make Hearts relevant I see.

Trying to start up the ‘turd force’ in Scottish football debate (or claiming there is no debate) & saying it’s a no brainier that Conner Ronan will pick Hearts over Aberdeen.

Does any other club get this cocky when they have their first 3rd place finish in the big league in years? ?

Definitely not

More relegations than finishes above Aberdeen in the past decade (i believe the mink Stevenson played his part in one of those regular Hearts trips down a league)

3 hours ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

There's no reason to think that there won't be a few more good additions incoming.

JG knows the sort of player he wants, and the level needed to do well in this division.

The last 2 signings were good players that weren't on most fans radar.

There undoubtedly will be some 'meh' transfers just because the squad is so ludicrously small. But I'm confident in a couple more young, hungry, ambitious guys coming in from abroad probably.

COYR

Besuijen wasn't on most folks radar largely because he is shite. He's seen as exciting as he is different, but in time you will come to realise that he is, in fact, plain shit. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, JamieMT said:

Goodwin made it very clear that he doesn't appreciate cunts spilling their guts to the media, quite rightly so. With that in mind, just wait and see what happens. There will be stuff going on that nobody has a fucking clue about till the ink is dry. 

Strong winds predicted tomorrow, I suggest you get your bedding out early doors. 

11 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Goodwin made it very clear that he doesn't appreciate cunts spilling their guts to the media, quite rightly so. With that in mind, just wait and see what happens. There will be stuff going on that nobody has a fucking clue about till the ink is dry. 

Strong winds predicted tomorrow, I suggest you get your bedding out early doors. 

So if nobody has a clue, that applies to you also surely? If you have insight fantastic, spill.

For my part i am not in the know. I know no insiders. My opinion is based purely on what i read in the media. It's insignificant and inconsequential. But then this is a football forum and opinion is what it's all about.

Just wait and see what happens doesn't cut it on any level.

8 hours ago, perthshirered said:

Besuijen wasn't on most folks radar largely because he is shite. He's seen as exciting as he is different, but in time you will come to realise that he is, in fact, plain shit. 

Yip. A winger who’s slower than a week in the jail and can’t cross worth a fuck. Diving wee fanny as well

17 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I've come to the conclusion that on here there are is 1/ a small handful of genuinely decent posters..... 2 /a large quantity of absolute fuckwits, the kind that are like schoolyard bullies and gang up on anyone who is different from them or has a different opinion and 3/ the rest are somewhere in the middle, can be decent sometimes and absolute dicks on other occasions.

You however Broken_Glass, apart from being in group 2 are also the biggest hypocrite about. You have the audacity to call someone else a negative depressing little troll. You do realise by clicking on your profile its possible to see all your previous posts? From a quick glance at the first couple of pages of your posts, all within the space of a couple of weeks.....

On Glass (and Cormack)...

Should never have been given the job - reaping what we sow.... Sooner he's gone the sooner AFC can start looking forward again....Yet some still believe in Glass - better off believing in Santa and the Easter bunny!....I've worried about the AFC management from the day he was appointed, abysmal appointment. Glass shouldn't be anywhere near Aberdeen management.....Fingers crossed you're correct and he proves me wrong. I just have absolutely zero faith in our current management. ( in case you didn't realise that)... Absolutely zero in the way of an agenda. 100% distrust of the chairman and the manager.... Cormack is guilty for Glass. He is guilty of selling the fans a nonsense "vision" of improved football and excitement... Both chairman and manager talk a good game, both appear incapable of backing up what they preach.

On Polvara when he signed despite you not knowing anything about him and having never seen him play...

Whoop whoop an American amateur. Go Glass..... No it's the reality of a dreadful manager appointment and a useless link up with Atlanta to satisfy the chairman. Amateur league US players now. Unbelievable. And to think some moaned when we signed Steve Tosh!!!... Negative? I call it realistic. This is a 21 year old who hasn't played a professional game.... I'm sitting comfortably thanks. US College football - correct, that sums it up. Glass and Cormack what a future we have in store. My excitement can't be contained.

FYI i don't disagree with you on the Glass comments, but its more the fact you have the gall to call me negative when every single one of these comments came from you.

You and Broken Glass are repetitive, he hates Glass, you hate the idea of a new beach stadium.

You are both venturing into FnD territory, at least FnD knows he's a troll and goes full tilt with his trolling, although there probably is a bit of the rain man in there.

In my opinion, you and broken glass fall into your category 2.

26 minutes ago, NEM said:

Yip. A winger who’s slower than a week in the jail and can’t cross worth a fuck. Diving wee fanny as well

Apart from the diving wee fanny bit I'd say thats quite an exaggeration! I don't think he's particularly slow and an example of not being able to cross the ball worth a fuck would be McLennan, I can't remember Vinnys crossing being too bad.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

You and Broken Glass are repetitive, he hates Glass, you hate the idea of a new beach stadium.

You are both venturing into FnD territory, at least FnD knows he's a troll and goes full tilt with his trolling, although there probably is a bit of the rain man in there.

In my opinion, you and broken glass fall into your category 2.

Fair enough, everyone’s entitled to their opinion ? I’m passionate about wanting what’s best for the dons. If that makes me an absolute fuckwit then fair enough.

15 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Looks like high intensity 5 a side games only in pre-season training, 7 a side if they pull in a few youth players.

I'm wondering if promoting more youth was a genuine consideration for this coming campaign anyway. Ramsay and Barron both excelling, and MacKenzie doing well enough to justify his step up. Would also explain the "6 new signings" when most if us expected about 10 given the number leaving.

I'll not pretend to know enough about the current youth players we'd consider however, although I know some on here have a genuine knowledge of the youth teams.